Help quit benzodiazepines gidazepam (Diazepam)

Hello friends, I’m 39 years old, I’m from Ukraine and I speak English through a translator. I am addicted to benzodiazepines, gidazepam is an analogue . I can’t quit it, I’ve been taking it since 2011, but before the war until 2022 I took one tablet of it 2 mg for 5 days, that was enough for me; it’s a long benzo with a 78-hour half-life, but after the start of the war I started taking it. One or sometimes two tablets a day. And I have added symptoms like a sore throat and difficulty licking, and as if there is not enough air, and a sore throat, does this happen to anyone? A I’m also afraid of dying because of this; I can’t decide to stop drinking it. I tried a couple of times and more than once, but all the time the fear of death that I would not survive the withdrawal syndrome scared me, and I started drinking it again. I don't know what to do, I'm desperate. I need help, at least with advice or support. Please, I feel really bad.

• Like 1

[ns...]

Mavr, great, I'm glad you were able to post on the right forum, you did it!

Ns

• Like 1

[kn...]

I'm older and have taken benzos for many years.  I've been tapering Diazepam for almost 3 years now.  I was down to 2mgs, but had to up dose to 4mg as I was very sick and was not getting any better staying at the dose of 2mg per day.  Breathing problems are something myself and many others here have experienced.  It's a pretty common symptom.  Problems in the throat, soreness and difficulty swallowing are also things that I and others going through this have had.  If I have understood you correctly, you're still taking a fairly small dose of Diazepam.  I admire you for being able to do that.  Tapering off Diazepam at low doses is difficult.  Going slow and reducing by 5-10% every few weeks is what is recommended in the manuals that we use to help us.  The most useful one is by Dr. Ashton.  Good luck with all this.  You're living at in a very stressful place during wartime.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  

• Like 2

@[ns...]Thank you friend for your support. I finally decided to reduce gidazepam as more and more new symptoms appeared.

@[kn...]Thank you too for your support, I will try to reduce it. And thank you for reassuring me that there was a pain in my throat and problems with breathing when you wrote that this is a common symptom, I even felt better, thank you, I just can’t understand how best to reduce Maybe try drinking every other day, then every two, then every three? Or it won't work.? It’s just a very small tablet, I don’t know if I’ll be able to divide it, for example 1/4, it’s impossible to break it off evenly. So I’m wondering if it’s possible to reduce by increasing the intervals of mbenzodiazepine?

• Like 2

[ns...]

Dave. Be patient ok. Someone will be by to assist you. Type what benzo you are taking, how much you take, how long you've been taking it.

This will help to speed up the process for those who offer guidance and support  ok

If you’ve already done this, great .

Keep checking back here ok, someone will be by to help 🙂 

• Like 1

Yes, I realized that some will appear. But I’m wondering if it’s possible to reduce the concentration of the substance depending on the time between doses, for example, I’m currently drinking one 2 mg and let’s say I’ll start drinking every other day and so on until I start to feel comfortable, then, for example, alternate days, 1 tablet of 2 mg, when I feel normal, increase the interval to once every three days, and so on until the concentration the benzodiazepine in the body will not be completely released.

@[ns...]Hello, the thing is that I don’t know what dosage is comfortable for my body now, since I’ve been taking it chaotically lately, that is, today, for example, one tablet, tomorrow two, and on the third I could drink three in a day, in the end, when I drank three I felt fine, but I’m even afraid to imagine that my tolerance to the drug has grown so much(

For example, today I decided not to drink it at all, but I understand perfectly well that tomorrow I will feel bad or tonight and so on all the time, I’m trying, as before, to at least get to the regimen of 1 tablet every 5 days. No one has answered me whether it is possible to stop taking the drug by increasing the interval between doses rather than reducing the dose.

And yes, I would like to add that the pain in the city and the tickling, as well as the failure in breathing, go away on the first day of not taking gidazepam, but other withdrawal symptoms appear due to the lack of benzo in the body In the end, I feel bad both when I don’t drink it and when I drink it, but for me at least a couple of days when I don’t drink it’s easier in terms of clarity in my head. And so I am constantly in a foggy state.

Tell me, does anyone have this too, when I panic and feel unwell, drinking Coca Cola helps me feel better, how does this happen? 

[Br...]

Hello @[...] - I've seen your thread on the Benzo Withdrawal, Use & Recovery forum and I believe you received a lot of good information there.

In brief, we suggest tapering with cuts of 5-10% of your most recent dose every two weeks.  If you get withdrawal symptoms that are very difficult to manage you would slow down and wait longer between cuts and/or make smaller cuts.  Some members make cuts by filing off what looks like 5% or 10% of the pill each day.  Other members want more accuracy and use a relatively inexpensive jewelers scale available on sites like Amazon.  

It looks like you're have trouble putting together a plan. If you feel certain you want to start to taper I suggest you write down a plan and set a date to start making your reductions.  Your taper starts with the first step.  Please remember it's important to be flexible - it's more important to listen to your body and go as slowly as you need to than to stick to a rigid schedule.  

Thinking about quitting a benzo that you've depended on for comfort or that you're just used to can be scary.  But for many of us quitting becomes the obvious choice because staying on it isn't working for us anymore.  Tapering slowly and carefully can help keep withdrawal symptoms to a minimum and make it more manageable to quit.  It's the best approach to quitting that we know of.  

We're here to support you no matter what you decide.

• Like 1

Maybe not Diazepam, but gidazepam, like Diazepam, is a long trunk As for the dosage in a blister of 10 tablets, it is 20 mg in one tablet 2 mg. It's clearer that way.The pack says that one tablet contains 0.02 mg. And 10 tablets contain 20 mg. No one answered me, someone tried to jump off this bull, increasing the interval between techniques. ? Thus, the concentration of the substance in the body also decreases.

@[or...]Thank you very much for your support, I live in Ukraine, I stopped drinking alcohol 5 years ago. I attend Narcotics Anonymous groups, this suited me better, although I visited Alcoholics Anonymous, but I didn’t Narcotics Anonymous suited me better; they have a more detailed 12-step recovery program, according to the manual, and I also like that in Narcotics Anonymous, they do not share addiction by substances in the basic text of the Academy of Sciences it is written that alcohol is also a drug and we cannot be mistaken in this. It helps me stay clean from alcohol, but I can’t quit Gidazepam. At least for now. Looking for ways to live clean from benzodiazepines. Thank you.

26 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

I'm sorry I misunderstood that you were not saying "you couldn't quit alcohol" and what you meant was the diazapam, or Gidazepam.  Apoligies, oregonlady ;)

No, I quit drinking alcohol for 5 years, but I can’t quit gidazepam, now I drink one 2 mg tablet a day. Tomorrow I will start reducing it by 50%. Because it's a very small tablet. It’s unlikely to be any other way I’ll feel fine on half of it, I’ll divide it into 1/4 and stop using my mouth completely. I think that after 13 years of taking it it will be hard, but I’ll try to stick it out.

I wonder if there is an option to get rid of this crap painlessly, perhaps for a lot of money, but is there a way? Whatever without withdrawal syndrome.

42 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

I don't think there's a quick way mate. A slow reduction is your best bet. I find that small amounts of cannabis edibles help me, also promethazine, a drowsy antihistamine helps a little bit. I've tapered from 15mg of diazepam , starting last October, now down to 5.5 mg . It's slow, but I've been mostly ok the whole way through. Again, good luck and let me know how you get on.

Thank you friend, of course I will write here how my withdrawal symptoms will go, so far I have removed 1/4 of the pill, let’s see what happens on the 4th day, I will definitely write how I feel. And yes, thank you again for your support, it is very important to me.

• Like 1