We Regret to Announce that Christy Huff (BIC) has Passed Away

[Co...]

[Co...]

It is with regret and great sadness I announce that Christy Huff, Medical Director of the Benzodiazepine Information Coalition (BIC), passed away yesterday (5th March).

I am sure I speak for all of us in expressing our sympathies to Christy's family, friends, and colleagues at BIC.

BIC's official announcement:

Announcing the loss of Christy Huff, M.D. - Benzodiazepine Information Coalition (benzoinfo.com)

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 25

I watched an interview of hers on youtube three hours ago. She mentioned taking her daughter to Disney. 

[be...]

Oh no!, my heart breaks for her and her family and friends. I know she fought gallantly to get off of the benzo's and won. But I also know it was very hard. I am so saddened by this news. RIP Christy.

• Sad 1

[Ga...]

This is heartbreaking.  I have watched several of Christy’s videos over the last few years, and found her to be direct, honest and compassionate as she shared her personal journey with benzos.    I pray for her family, loved ones, and her large benzo family that she gave so much time and support to!

GG

Edited by [Ga...]
Added and subtracted text.
  • Like 2

[WU...]

As a reluctant member of the benzo recovery family this news is very sad indeed. 

[He...]

Ohh that is soo sad and also strange since i just a few days ago found a video interwiev with her .I had bad heart palps for many days and ended in a hospital that i left because of unpleasant doctors ignoring my benzo wd  not willing to listen to me and give me my meds .I searched youtube   to find out if it was normal wd symtom and it is I found the interview video. That is so sad RIP:cry:

• Like 1

[re...]

My heart goes out to her family and loved ones.

I know we are all wondering so I will be the first to say it.  Does anyone have any more details if she self deleted and couldn't take it anymore. I know she was an active member of the coalition and have watched many of her videos and her story like Mr. Horowitz was stronger for me cause she was an actual Cardiologist who got burned from these insidious meds. And at least she had more reach which is so important to get the message out with a wider net.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[An...]
5 hours ago, [[C...] said:

It is with regret and great sadness that I announce that Christy Huff, Medical Director of the Benzodiazepine Information Coalition (BIC), passed away yesterday (5th March).

I am sure I speak for all of us in expressing our sympathies to Christy's family, friends, and colleagues at BIC.

BIC's official announcement:

Announcing the loss of Christy Huff, M.D. - Benzodiazepine Information Coalition (benzoinfo.com)

Wow, just wow! I can't believe this. My condolences to her family and loved ones. How did she die? Does anyone know?

• Love 1

[Bu...]

This is beyond tragic. Such a powerful ally for all of us. Rest easy dear Christy, your work will never be forgotten. I truly hope you are at peace ❤️‍🩹

[Bo...]

This breaks my heart. Her info is what I found first in all of this.

so much love to her family, especially her daughter losing her hero mom.

her work has been life changing and saving for this community.

🙏💜🙏

• Like 1

[Bo...]

Everyone, remember to take some extra time to ground and soothe yourself however you can….. this is impacting many of us in this community and is very hard on systems that are healing and well losing anyone is tragic for a regulated CNS. 
Please reach out and talk to people if you can. Warm lines are great if you don’t have fam and friends who can listen when you need.

churches and family centers often have volunteers you can talk to or some even have counselors. For other religions I’d imagine worship centers have similar, ask amd even those that aren’t religious, community volunteers are out there thru various organizations so ask a neighbor or friend if they can research for you if you can’t.

lean on people, don’t let the fear thoughts overwhelm you by holding it in if it’s helpful to talk to someone else. Hugs hugs hugs. You are never alone in this, reach out here too and please just make a safe spot for yourself and know the horrific brutal inhumane will lift and this isn’t a forever as much as it feels. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Sad 1

[ti...]

Wow. This is shocking, she was pretty young. I remember reading her story and it was so interesting to me because she was an actual doctor who got burned by these drugs. 

Edited by [ti...]
changed to was young
  • Like 1

[Ma...]

Extremely sad. Just very, very sad 😔 

Edited by [Ma...]

[Gy...]

Devastated, What an absolute Hero a true warrior for us all.

Rest In Peace 

you will never be forgotten 💖

So sad. I always looked to her story for hope because her usage was similar to mine. Benzo’s took another one from us. Makes you wonder how many people actually recover from this. RIP Christy

• Like 2

[Fa...]

I'm a little shocked that there are assumptions that benzos had anything to do with her passing.  Cause of death, as far as I am aware, has not been stated/released.  Let us have some respect for the process.    

• Like 3
  • Love 2

[jo...]
6 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

I'm a little shocked that there are assumptions that benzos had anything to do with her passing.  Cause of death, as far as I am aware, has not been stated/released.  Let us have some respect for the process.    

While I agree with your point, it can be distressing for many of us to see someone that far into recovery suddenly pass at a young age.  Of course her privacy is paramount, but I can understand the initial reflex of this community to want to know if it is benzo related or not.  I think I speak for most when I say, either way, there would be no judgement at all, but just a desire to understand, and to respect her memory.  She was a pillar to this community and devoted her life to awareness.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

[b0...]