We Regret to Announce that Christy Huff (BIC) has Passed Away

[Co...]

[Pa...]

So saddened to hear this news. She was a true warrior, and a tireless advocate for this community. My heart aches for her daughter; for her family and friends; and for those in our community who connected with Christy and her story. Rest in peace. 

• Like 2

[Co...]

I have really been thinking a lot about this. Poor daughter. Christy was such a strong, kind woman. So sick for so long over dried eyes and minor insomnia and then now gone too soon. She leaves behind many people's lives she has influenced positively and a hell of a legacy. 

• Like 4

Our organization convened an emergency meeting, during which we made the following decisions:

1. We are committed to continuing our mission as an organization.
  2. Nicole Lamberson, PA, has been appointed to serve as our Interim Medical Director on the Board of Directors.
  3. We have established the Christy Huff Memorial Fund.
  4. We are collecting memories of Christy to commemorate her, including stories, photos, and videos.

You can find more information here: https://www.benzoinfo.com/2024/03/07/the-future-of-bic/

We thank everyone for respecting our privacy during this difficult time. Per her wishes, we do plan on sharing exactly what happened to Christy in the future, in conjunction with her family.

• Like 13
  • Love 1

[Sh...]

This just breaks my heart. She fought so hard to be here. What a wonderful human she was. ❤️

• Like 4
  • Love 1

[sh...]

She will be so treasured by our community forever. What she accomplished here in her life was nothing short of heroic. Finally, be at rest Christy. 

Edited by [sh...]
  • Like 3

[Sa...]

💐My condolences to Christy’s family and friends. 
My thoughts and prayers are with you all. 
May all the beautiful memories of yesterday give you comfort in your time of grief while knowing that the best is yet to come when you reunite with Christy again forevermore. 
To all the benzobuddies that are grieving. You are never alone and God will never forsake you💜

• Like 3

[Je...]

Rest in peace Christy! You helped me so much, a total stranger in another country that just sent you a message on Twitter. She took the time to answer all of my questions and so many more! She was one of a kind, such a generous spirit and soul!
I have no idea how she died, but let’s all remember life is unpredictable and unfair and sometimes it doesn’t turn out as we expected. Hold your love ones close and live a life full of love, as Christy had. 

She certainly was 1 in a million and will be greatly missed. 

❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

[he...]

Christy was a wonderful person who fought valiantly through her own Xanax/Valium taper, cancer, and ongoing benzo injury and became a champion in the benzo community, tirelessly advocating for all of us and fighting to bring awareness of BIND and effect positive changes in the medical community to protect potential future victims of benzo injury. My prayers go out to her family, friends, and all of us who knew her through the community. She will be terribly missed.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

[Co...]

Thank you for posting Christy's obituary, @[...] I appreciated learning something more about her life.

I wish to reiterate @[...]'s request to please be respectful of the situation and feelings of Christy's family in your comments here or elsewhere.

• Like 7

[mr...]

I read her obituary.  It states 

"She overcame so much, but the damage caused by these medications was deep and ultimately cost her, her life." 

I really hope she did not end her life.

• Sad 1

[Li...]

Thank you for sharing Christy’s obituary with us @[...].  She was an amazing human being who truly did make a difference in the world.  

The obituary also reminded me about the importance of respecting the family’s wishes and focusing on what she accomplished in her life not engaging in speculation about her death.  Everything we write here is available to anyone on the Internet — including Christy’s young daughter.

• Like 8

[re...]

MrCybershow:

I don't wanna get into too much speculation here as more details will most likely become available as time goes on.

But I would have to say could be a big possibility that is what happened as benzo withdrawal does a number on the psyche and nervous system. The damage can be overwhelming with how much your worldly life has been taken from you, but rarely kills on it's own. Benzos on their own are also hard to OD on unless you mix them with an additional substance such as alcohol or opiates. 

• Like 1

[Co...]

Hi all,

As I and others here have already requested, please avoid speculation. Christy's family have stated in the obituary what they are comfortable sharing right now. None of us have the right to additional information. More will be shared as and when and if the family are ready to do so.

Thank you.

• Like 3

[Co...]

Due to some inappropriate comments (now removed), I've locked this thread to maintain respect for Christy's family.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[9f...]