We Regret to Announce that Christy Huff (BIC) has Passed Away

[Co...]

[Ta...]

This is absolutely devastating news. My thoughts are foremost with her family and closest friends, of course. Her advocacy truly saved lives and created awareness about the dangers of these drugs. She was taken seriously because of her lived experience and medical background. She was truly one of a kind. The impact of her loss will be felt far and wide. 

• Like 1

[Ti...]

Such a devastating loss. I looked up to her with great respect. She was definitely one of my favorite advocates in the prescribed harm space. She will be missed dearly.
Rest in peace, Christy 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[Ta...]
44 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

I'm a little shocked that there are assumptions that benzos had anything to do with her passing.  Cause of death, as far as I am aware, has not been stated/released.  Let us have some respect for the process.    

Yes, indeed!!!

[ro...]
52 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

Edited by [ro...]

[Co...]

Hello all,

While we appreciate that members are understandably shocked and upset, and emotions are running high, please do not speculate about Christy's cause of death. More information will be released in due course. Right now, our thoughts should lie with Christy's family, friends and colleagues.

Thank you.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

[An...]
47 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Hello all,

While we appreciate that members are understandably shocked and upset, and emotions are running high, please do not speculate about Christy's cause of death. More information will be released in due course. Right now, our thoughts should lie with Christy's family, friends and colleagues.

Thank you.

I agree with you Colin. I guess it is just something in most of us who would like to know what caused the death, esp. when the person is younger and seemingly in good health. People in general are like this IMO. I know when any celebrity dies, young or old, when the death is publicly announced like on TV, the 1st thing I do is a Google search for the cause of the death unless it was disclosed during the announcement. I recall when I told my mother Tina Turner had died. Her 1st question to me was how did she die?

• Like 3

[Co...]

I am very saddened by this news. Christy's blogpost was the first thing I found before the Ashton manual when I realized what had happened to me. She saved me because thanks to her post I found this forum.

[Bl...]

I’m really saddened to hear this. Christy was very understanding and sympathetic towards others even though she too was dealing with the same issue that brought us all to this place. It is truly a beautiful thing to have that mindset. She will be missed. My sincerest condolences to her family and friends.

[Nu...]

Dr. Huff was such an advocate for our community. We value her role in advocating for us and she will be missed. Thoughts and prayers are with her, her friends and family, and our community.

• Like 1

[tr...]

Oh....my heart is very heavy hearing this. ....prayers for her family and close friends. 

And please lets not speculate. Honor her memory by creating awareness.

Hugs BB friends...

• Love 2

[ji...]

This is so sad.   Christy gave so many hope and encouragement in the benzo struggle.   She was a bright light to so many.

May she rest in peace.   May her family find peace during this time of great loss.

[Be...]

Let us know the cause of death when it's announced.  I'm very curious about that.

[Ju...]

I may be mistaken, but I believe she was healed. There's quite a few people asking how she died, but I'm pretty certain it did not have anything to do with benzo withdrawal.

I watched her interview a while back, and she talked about how it took several years to get over the benzo withdrawal. She spoke about going back to work and home duties, so I'm assuming this is an unrelated event.

• Love 1

[lo...]

I was devastated to learn that Christy had died. She did so much to try to help our community and she will be greatly missed.  

[Ya...]

I really think it doesn't matter how you grieve or no matter what. Does the family or anyone have to tell her she didn't die from benzo withdrawal suicide. because there are many who suffer so much. who, like me, are speechless. It sucks not to talk about it. I mean Dr. Reg Peart was also told that he died of cancer. ours immediately.

• Like 1

[Co...]

Hi all.

I repeat:

13 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hello all,

Thank you.

12 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I thought I'd share a link which details some of the work Christy did for BIC and the wider benzodiazepine community over the years.

Christy Huff, M.D. - Benzodiazepine Information Coalition (benzoinfo.com)

• Love 1

[de...]

Let's honor Christy and show respect to her family, friends and colleagues by not speculating on her cause of death.   She served our community tirelessly and her family deserves the privacy they have requested especially from us!!!  If you are tempted to comment/speculate on her cause of death, please take a moment to consider the tremendous grief her family is experiencing.  Why would you want to add to their sorrow?

• Like 7
  • Love 2

[Na...]
14 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I thought I'd share a link which details some of the work Christy did for BIC and the wider benzodiazepine community over the years.

Christy Huff, M.D. - Benzodiazepine Information Coalition (benzoinfo.com)

Christy knew the horror of what benzodiazepines can do to a person, and she did her best to get the word out to her fellow medical professionals. 

It’s a rare person that will go to the lengths she did to try to make a difference and right a great wrong.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

[Pi...]

Watched many of her videos. Very sad. She was an inspiration to all of us.

• Like 1

[La...]

My condolences to Christy’s family as they grieve her passing. The benzo-zdrug community thank her for her dedication to bringing further awareness and help. I agree with Colin and the Mods that there shouldn’t be any assumptions made about her cause of death. After all, Christy herself was 5 years or more healed with a pretty high percentage of recovery ( perhaps even 100%). She did announce during her taper that she had breast cancer. Having said that, she did receive surgery for it and stated it wasn’t even required to need radiation or chemo. But, perhaps, it will be disclosed or not. Either way, let’s not forget that she had a daughter who I believe is about 12 years old. This will be difficult going into teen years and young adulthood without her mother. So, may the family be Comforted by our Heavenly Father who is the. Comforter! 
🕊♥️🌹

• Like 7
  • Love 4

[ec...]