Head pressure

[ch...]

Im having head pressure like squezzing skull i drives me crazy im suffring bad i Want to know if this thing heals im tapring but i suffer from it will it ever end ??

I have the same symptom, and I believe it's a very common one. It comes and goes in intensity and duration and should eventually subside when the brain heals. I try to distract myself and not think about it much

Edited by [...]

• 2 weeks later...
[Sc...]

I have this constantly for 11 years it has got worse over the years. Neurological damage in my case.

[Gr...]

Scooby99 I’m certainly sorry you’re going through that I sure hope mine don’t last 11 years. My head pressure is at the base of my skull on the left side. It really throbs at night when I try to lay down I don’t get much sleep but it wakes me up a lot I have to go sit on a heating pad, which seems to bring some relief I’m 18 months benzo free, but this did not occur till about two months ago. I do get some relief. It comes and goes sometimes during the day. I hope that is a good sign.

• Like 2

[Bl...]
On 08/03/2024 at 01:11, [[G...] said:

Scooby99 I’m certainly sorry you’re going through that I sure hope mine don’t last 11 years. My head pressure is at the base of my skull on the left side. It really throbs at night when I try to lay down I don’t get much sleep but it wakes me up a lot I have to go sit on a heating pad, which seems to bring some relief I’m 18 months benzo free, but this did not occur till about two months ago. I do get some relief. It comes and goes sometimes during the day. I hope that is a good sign.

Are you feeling more stressed than usual ? I used to get neck pain here years before Benzo’s when I had a hell of a lot going on . 
Get a BP monitor and if all is ok with that when you have been laid down resting , I’d go for a good head and neck massage to relieve muscle tension. 
Id then let it pass . It will 

[Gr...]

Thanks Bluepilled my blood pressure is pretty good. It stays around 125/75 or 80 whether I’m relaxing or or laying down goes up a little bit when I do some work but I have been massaging the area with my hand and started doing some neck exercises that I seen on YouTube. It seems to be better but still wakes me up at night though. thanks again. Chat at you later.

Edited by [Gr...]

[Co...]

The head pressure and squeezing especially at the base has been a thing that grates on a persons nerves . Like a tight band . It will get better , for me , distraction helped a lot , but some days it just gets to you . When it first happened to me in withdraw I thought I was having a stroke , I didn’t realize what was happening . But I’m 10 months off benzo completely and that sensation is coming and going more now instead of staying all the time , I believe extra stress makes it worse and when we get in high stress situations. 

• Love 1