ELBOW TENDINITIS EXPERIENCE

[va...]

Hi @[va...],

I don't have your type of pain, the worst pain I get though puts me in bed at times, rolling around praying for it to stop.  The only thing that will hold off the pain for me is Tylenol Regular, no caffeine, and it's 500 mg.  I don't take more than label says, ever, which is every 6 hours.

I don't have a clue if this might help you but Ibuprofen, even the 800 mg which is maximum of an actual prescription, doesn't stop migraine pain for me.  I can't imagine what you are going through but I would call my doctor and ask to be "on call" for an appointment someone might cancel, and you could get in earlier??

Also an emergency-room doctor may prescribe stronger pain-killers for you.  I don't know about where you live, but here in my small town, our hospital has done that for me if I have to go in for any severe pain. 

Other than those things I have several ice-packs (gel type) in my freezer I use, and I also will take an Epsom Salt Bath which seem to relax me a lot, plus lessen the pain.  I use a full cup of the Salt, About Epsom Salt and inflammation..

Inflammation is what causes the pain, so anything anti-inflammatory in your diet would be helpful, maybe no cure, but even a little relief is better than none. Denise :hug:

Here's just a short bit on Epsom Salt - "Epsom salt contains magnesium and may help the body get rid of toxins responsible for exacerbating inflammation while also reducing swelling, stiffness"

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 1

Also wanted to add that according to Ashton Manual on page 76, it says:

There is no need to avoid ordinary pain killers such as Tylenol,
Feldene etc. for everyday aches and pains.

I got to thinking about my use of Tylenol regular, but as long as I don't abuse or use it unless I absolutely need it, then I think it's find.  I have a lot of faith in the Dr. Ashton's studies.

• Like 1

Thank you dear ORegonLady for your replies :smitten:

I am using benzo wd survivor tools ( take it hour by hour - survive day by day - ect) to keep going...

this week was very strange different night pain symptoms- they were changing - like pulling radiating pain through whole arm, then just a shoulder very painful, then my distal biceps tendon felt very painful all night....

and of course I can not move it during the day cause whole arm very painful , weak and heavy ....and moving means - more irritation for inflamed tendons...

Dafalgan 1000 mg helps 

I am telling to myself just keep going with not moving my arm till 10th March - to see how it will progress my arm and then the worst case scenario will be to see my rheumatologist on 9th April- well 9th there will be Easter vacations - so I will call him on 15th April to fix rendez-vous.

V:smitten:

• Like 1

Ok @[va...], I hesitate to mention foods, or drink because in your type of pain, I really don't know if you can even eat at all.  But I do believe it's important what we eat or drink. By watching out for any foods or drinks that are known to be, by some, inflammatory.

You have probably already considered all this, as for me, it's the first thing I think of to ease any pains I have. I do eat an anti-inflammatory diet.

I know I harp on Nutrition, but I so see it helping me, I have to share it.

If you feel up to it, maybe you can let me/us know what you are eating, and drinking, while you go through this painful time :hug:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
[va...]

Night elbow pains continue strong... i never lived in such a horror ... 

I will stay invalid for life

[An...]

My last case of tennis elbow came from using a hedge trimmer, over-extending using my right arm / hand only to reach instead of always using both hands and arms. I watched a lot of the youTube videos and tried some of the things that were suggested, to no avail, unfortunately. The strange thing is it would really only hurt at night and wake me up from sleeping sometimes.

I did have an earlier case of tennis elbow that occurred (same arm btw) from doing too many lightweight hammer dumbbell curls in a gym. That case resolved by itself after about 3 months IIRC. I just had to be careful and not do certain right arm exercises to prevent further aggravation and injury. I did nothing special. Eventually, things healed up and the pain went away.

Now this second case was super stubborn. It has finally subsided after nearly 6 months I am happy to report. Again, I did nothing special. I tried using a Hand Grip Strengthener that I purchased from Amazon, but that only made things worse.

image.thumb.png.aa33e0b62268c0d6410932ab97bcd068.png

Only time finally has resolved things again. I was careful trying not to do anything that stressed my arm. I suspect tho that I could easily reinjure so I must be really careful and mindful when doing yard chores for my mother or when I am at the gym working out.

Tennis elbow can be a really PITA. I hope your case will eventually resolve itself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
[Li...]
On 21/02/2024 at 10:00, [[o...] said:

Hi @[va...],

I don't have your type of pain, the worst pain I get though puts me in bed at times, rolling around praying for it to stop.  The only thing that will hold off the pain for me is Tylenol Regular, no caffeine, and it's 500 mg.  I don't take more than label says, ever, which is every 6 hours.

I don't have a clue if this might help you but Ibuprofen, even the 800 mg which is maximum of an actual prescription, doesn't stop migraine pain for me.  I can't imagine what you are going through but I would call my doctor and ask to be "on call" for an appointment someone might cancel, and you could get in earlier??

Also an emergency-room doctor may prescribe stronger pain-killers for you.  I don't know about where you live, but here in my small town, our hospital has done that for me if I have to go in for any severe pain. 

Other than those things I have several ice-packs (gel type) in my freezer I use, and I also will take an Epsom Salt Bath which seem to relax me a lot, plus lessen the pain.  I use a full cup of the Salt, About Epsom Salt and inflammation..

Inflammation is what causes the pain, so anything anti-inflammatory in your diet would be helpful, maybe no cure, but even a little relief is better than none. Denise :hug:

Here's just a short bit on Epsom Salt - "Epsom salt contains magnesium and may help the body get rid of toxins responsible for exacerbating inflammation while also reducing swelling, stiffness"

Hello,  one thing that may help you it hydrotherapy.  You do 3 mins as hot as you can stand it and 30 seconds as cold as you can stand it.  Alternate about 4 times.  When I do this I use heated damp towels that I heat up in the microwave (be careful not to get too hot, you don't want to get burned and I you can us cold packs for the cold or you can get large bowl with ice water and pull it out and put on your elbow). This increases the blood flow to that area and will help to lower the inflammation and control the pain. I hope you get to feeling better.  

• Like 1

[Ra...]

I hesitated to write this but I have had TE for 2 years. Nothing manages the pain. I’ve tried everything from physio to acupuncture to laser and am now waiting to see an orthopaedic surgeon. That said apparently I am an outlier. 

[An...]

@[va...]

What caused the initial injury? Do you know? Are you right-handed or left-handed? Is the TE in the right or left elbow? Is this your very 1st case of TE?

[Ra...]

It’s my first and only case of TE. I had very mild pain when I started to do some basic bicep curls with light weights. At that stage it was an annoyance but one day I provided care to my mother with dementia because the staff in the nursing home did nothing. The next day I couldn’t move my right forearm. And I am right handed. Another factor is for a number of years  I worked 8 to 10 hours typing on the laptop. I am hopeful that surgery will finally resolve the pain. Apologies if that last question was not meant for me.

Edited by [Ra...]
Error

[An...]

Thanks @[Ra...]. I got my very 1st case of TE from doing too many lightweight / high-rep hammer curls at my fitness center. I found your comment about typing 8-10 hours on a laptop interesting. I also discovered that using my laptop's mouse really aggravated my condition. I learned to use my touchpad instead of the computer mouse and this helped immensely IMHO and aided in my recovery process.

• Like 1

[va...]
5 hours ago, [[R...] said:

It’s my first and only case of TE. I had very mild pain when I started to do some basic bicep curls with light weights. At that stage it was an annoyance but one day I provided care to my mother with dementia because the staff in the nursing home did nothing. The next day I couldn’t move my right forearm. And I am right handed. Another factor is for a number of years  I worked 8 to 10 hours typing on the laptop. I am hopeful that surgery will finally resolve the pain. Apologies if that last question was not meant for me.

no worries Rachel ... you can post here ... I am resting my arm - it was multiple injuries with slings - actually I tried to heal faster with arm braces and slings and all I diid - was reinjure more....

I am in my 3rd month- night pains are slowly subsiding , there is new pain that is coming this week- pain at the elbow while not moving... but I keep every faith up that eventually it will get better and changing pain is a sign of healing especially when I am not moving my arm !!!!

I talked to Graeme on FB group - chronic tendinitis-he had it many times and he told that they always get better - but it will take months !

I do not believe in PT cause when I had my frozen shoulder - the dude provoked shoulder bursitis and cubital tunnel in my elbows....

I learned my hard lesson that not only pills are evil , but physical therapy and all those slings and braces!!!!!

I am having huge nervous break downs daily in public regarding my elbow cause Its killing me ....but there is nothing I can do about it- but wait and wait and wait .... just so much suffering since 2013.... 

• Love 1

[or...]
5 hours ago, [[v...] said:

no worries Rachel ... you can post here ... I am resting my arm - it was multiple injuries with slings - actually I tried to heal faster with arm braces and slings and all I diid - was reinjure more....

I am in my 3rd month- night pains are slowly subsiding , there is new pain that is coming this week- pain at the elbow while not moving... but I keep every faith up that eventually it will get better and changing pain is a sign of healing especially when I am not moving my arm !!!!

I talked to Graeme on FB group - chronic tendinitis-he had it many times and he told that they always get better - but it will take months !

I do not believe in PT cause when I had my frozen shoulder - the dude provoked shoulder bursitis and cubital tunnel in my elbows....

I learned my hard lesson that not only pills are evil , but physical therapy and all those slings and braces!!!!!

I am having huge nervous break downs daily in public regarding my elbow cause Its killing me ....but there is nothing I can do about it- but wait and wait and wait .... just so much suffering since 2013.... 

You are doing so good @[va...] was so glad to be notified of your post today.  I know you are going to heal your injury and your attitude towards it is so good.  I doubt mine would be that good with what you are dealing with.  Yes, it is not always the benzo, I know that for sure.  Personally, no longer will I just blindly trust a doctors advice, sometimes the wisest thing I've done is turn down their advice, and anyone else's for that matter, ;) oregonlady hoping for more quality of life in your very near future ♥️♥️♥️

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 1

[Ra...]

I don’t know if my elbow surgery will be minimally invasive arthroscopic or open. After I meet the surgeon, he will probably tell me what type he recommends, but I have read he has expertise in the minimally invasive type of surgery which is reassuring. I’ve read that type of surgery heals faster. I’ve even bought a vertical mouse.

Edited by [Ra...]
Addition
  • Like 1

[An...]
4 hours ago, [[R...] said:

I don’t know if my elbow surgery will be minimally invasive arthroscopic or open. After I meet the surgeon, he will probably tell me what type he recommends, but I have read he has expertise in the minimally invasive type of surgery which is reassuring. I’ve read that type of surgery heals faster. I’ve even bought a vertical mouse.

@[Ra...]

Vertical mouse, hmmmmm. Interesting....I did not even know such a mouse existed. I had to google it. I just read some Amazon reviews That should really help if you use a computer a lot. I hope your surgery goes well. Please update after the surgery.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
[va...]

just quick update: night pains stopped... but shoulder and elbow are painful at the range of motion ... its been 3 months of sheer horror , disability and pain and it looks like April will continuer to torture me ... no way Arm will heal on 9th April as doctor promised! 

I am currently seeing other doctors for other issues and planing to go back to my Rheumatologist mid May to see why arm is taking so long....

• Love 1

[or...]

Such good news!!  Something has improved and I just know you will see more and more @[va...] oregonlady~~Denise :hug:

• Like 1

[An...]
On 03/02/2024 at 10:39, [[v...] said:

Im seeing my doctor on monday but internet is full of horror stories that this painful and limited range of motion condition can last for years--- I am barelly making through the day and people from my circle considering to put me into psychward... My life is over - elbow tendonitis is worse than 8 years of never ending benzo withdrawal.... I wanna be happy and have my arm back...

@[va...] How long have you been dealing with the tennis elbow? Refresh my memory. When did it start?

[va...]
Posted (edited)

I am not well... I hope I will survive this April

Edited by [va...]

• 2 weeks later...
[va...]

Just wanted to update, that i am almost healed with my arm... I do not think anymore about it since REAL HORROR took my joy forever - Iam starting multiple check ups for HPV virus in my body and this is will be fear that will stay with me for the rest of my life... Anxiety became constant - just so sad about my life that I took foolish choices in the past which destroyed my future....

[va...]

AB7 who cares anymore about elbow when you facing HPV Cancer scare for the rest of your life !!! 

and men get away with HPV contaminating women and women who suffer afterwards with this deadly virus...Im on HPV group - majority of women there are on psych drugs due to 24/7 fear and anxiety