Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

ELBOW TENDINITIS EXPERIENCE

[va...]

Hello, I am going through super scary depression and anxiety flare up due to elbow severe tendonitis ...Internet is full of stories of this condition going on for years. 

PLS if anyone had it before how long did it take to heal and if rest/immobilisation was the ultimate healer .

Thanks

On 01/02/2024 at 16:44, [[v...] said:

Hello, I am going through super scary depression and anxiety flare up due to elbow severe tendonitis ...Internet is full of stories of this condition going on for years. 

PLS if anyone had it before how long did it take to heal and if rest/immobilisation was the ultimate healer .

Thanks

Im seeing my doctor on monday but internet is full of horror stories that this painful and limited range of motion condition can last for years--- I am barelly making through the day and people from my circle considering to put me into psychward... My life is over - elbow tendonitis is worse than 8 years of never ending benzo withdrawal.... I wanna be happy and have my arm back...

That’s awful so sorry. I had to google this condition. So perhaps the Dr can direct you to maybe a physiotherapist to at least manage the severity of pain. 
Can sort of relate. Had extreme pain in arm which weirdly came from trapped nerve in neck! I saw a cranial osteopath who worked on it, encouraged me to have an mri which confirmed what it was, & very slowly over a long time it eased. 
Hope you get some relief and treatment options. 

Take care. 

Edited by [Ka...]

This along with many other conditions is just a label. You might find this interesting. He has lots of other videos about persistent pain which is in reality our fears manifesting in the body. First thing to do is eradicate fear!

my injury is recent and real... this guy is dr sarno follower which advocates chronic pain going beyond 1 or 2 years.... im in my 5th week since elbow shoulder traction with the sling that was wrongly put....

• Like 1

OK sorry I didn't know it is recent for you and so it needs time to heal. Most take maybe 6 months  or less if you rest and take things easy. The guy above is right about eradicating fear, whatever the reason, as fear makes our condition so much worse. I am a great believer in rest and renewing the way we think about ourselves in general. Trying to develop a calmer sense, and when the pain flares to say OK it is healing and thanking the body for doing its job.

• Like 1

I'm sorry for your pain i know how bad it can hurt i screamed in pain the first week and had severe pain and fever in 5 weeks almost not able to walk because it felt like the inside of arm was filled with pain fluid.I was at a hospital, but got kicked out because i refused to take a medicine named prednisone that i knew has very strong psychological side-effects like psychosis anxiety suicide toughs and more .The doc told me not to start taking them that evening because it was risk i will get intrusive thoughts to .not what i need when in benzo hell already.I told them that im tapering on benzo and did not want that medication.After that they just sent me home .

I got that  tennis elbow 5th november 2023.I got it from doing some work on an motorcycle engine .The work is called lapping valves it is basically twisting a stick between hands like the same movement done by surviving in the forest people trying to make fire with a stick.=)

.I think the reason i got this is because of benzo because after i started with benzo i get inflamed tendons easy.

It is now 3th of january and my arm is 98% healed just a minor pain in some movements and that is because i found a incredible effective cure from a guy i think he is called athlan on youtube.

The cure is to use a kettle-bell and swing it .You will have to find the video on youtube so you can see how to do the exercise

I did not believe it would work but ,tried and the elbow almost instantly got better and painless

after i did that kettle-bell swing for a few times i stopped because my arm was fine again !!! normally it can take 1 and 2 years to heal. I recommend you try that exercise

Good luck

Update 2 i now remember another thing i did that may cause the tennis elbow .That was i was in a shop and bought some bags of firewood.It was 3 bags and they was about 18 kg each .When going to carry them in to the car i put one bag under the arm that got hurt and then one bag in each hand .I think that made a tendon tear or something because of the unusual position of the arm that got hurt.

11 hours ago, [[H...] said:

I'm sorry for your pain i know how bad it can hurt i screamed in pain the first week and had severe pain and fever in 5 weeks almost not able to walk because it felt like the inside of arm was filled with pain fluid.I was at a hospital, but got kicked out because i refused to take a medicine named prednisone that i knew has very strong psychological side-effects like psychosis anxiety suicide toughs and more .The doc told me not to start taking them that evening because it was risk i will get intrusive thoughts to .not what i need when in benzo hell already.I told them that im tapering on benzo and did not want that medication.After that they just sent me home .

I got that  tennis elbow 5th november 2023.I got it from doing some work on an motorcycle engine .The work is called lapping valves it is basically twisting a stick between hands like the same movement done by surviving in the forest people trying to make fire with a stick.=)

.I think the reason i got this is because of benzo because after i started with benzo i get inflamed tendons easy.

It is now 3th of january and my arm is 98% healed just a minor pain in some movements and that is because i found a incredible effective cure from a guy i think he is called athlan on youtube.

The cure is to use a kettle-bell and swing it .You will have to find the video on youtube so you can see how to do the exercise

I did not believe it would work but ,tried and the elbow almost instantly got better and painless

after i did that kettle-bell swing for a few times i stopped because my arm was fine again !!! normally it can take 1 and 2 years to heal. I recommend you try that exercise

Good luck

ok thanks, but why if you managed to get better in 3 months - It shouldnt be 1 or 2 years for me???? why all this fear mongering to push me towards suicide...i m already 24/7 suicidal and im living piece of meat

Edited by [va...]

Hi Vasilisa I am not so good in english so i don't understand what you mean with fear mongering . I think you will heal very fast if you do the exercise with a light dumbbell or better with a kettle bell.I wish you all the best and that you heal fast.:hug:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

Hi Vasilisa I am not so good in english so i don't understand what you mean with fear mongering . I think you will heal very fast if you do the exercise with a light dumbbell or better with a kettle bell.I wish you all the best and that you heal fast.:hug:

Thanks for reply, doctor told rest arm... shoulder 2 tendonitises and 1 bursitis getting better, tomorrow he will perform ultrasound on elbow to see how many of that hell is there--- elbow tendonitis is worse than my ongoing protracted wd - im in my 8th year... 

its sheer hell tendonitis -i wanna die every minute

I saw yesterday my rheumatologist- he did not perform ultrasound- told that there are tendonitis in elbow - and that now it s all about patience to do not move my arm, especially avoid these movements that are painful- cause its re injuring those inflamed tendons in shoulder and elbow... last night my elbow and shoulder were very painful... feels like i m not moving ahead.... doctor told to wait till April ...

I am barely making one day - it feels like 1 week each day and my suicidal depression is pure hell each minute....

Have you tried to use a kettlebell  yet ? it is not painful i had extrreme pain in the elbow ,but while doing the kettlebell exercise i had no pain. If you have pain in shoulder to you may have a rotator cuff tear i had that to.I performed a ultrasound and they told me it was a  crystal mass inside the elbow that made it inflamed and swelled up.I still recomend trying do some swings like in the video,but if you have a rotator cuff tendon tear im not sure. Good luck

12 hours ago, [[H...] said:

Have you tried to use a kettlebell  yet ? it is not painful i had extrreme pain in the elbow ,but while doing the kettlebell exercise i had no pain. If you have pain in shoulder to you may have a rotator cuff tear i had that to.I performed a ultrasound and they told me it was a  crystal mass inside the elbow that made it inflamed and swelled up.I still recomend trying do some swings like in the video,but if you have a rotator cuff tendon tear im not sure. Good luck

Doctor told to rest whole arm , its full of tendonitises.... were you having pains in the morning? and slight movement was painful? at some point you were thinking also that your arm will be invalid for life?

3 hours ago, [[v...] said:

Doctor told to rest whole arm , its full of tendonitises.... were you having pains in the morning? and slight movement was painful? at some point you were thinking also that your arm will be invalid for life?

Yes i had big pain all day, but worst in the mornings.The fist days/weeks i had to have my arm in a 90degree angle resting my hand on my belly. I was sent straight to  a hospital in a taxi by my personal doc after she had a look at my arm.I was kicked out of the hospital after they had a ultrasound and said it was an absess or a mass with crystall in there since it was red and swollen.The doc said i will have to stay in hospital overnight so they can discuss what to do.Then I was kicked out because i refused to take a drug named predsinolon.I told them i was scared of taking that drug because i was tapering off benzo .When the doc in hospital heard that she told me to go home !!. I then was in very bad pain crying and screaming and had fever some times for 5 weeks . I tok paracet that is the same as tylenol ,but it did not help.After 5 weeks i found that kettlebell video and tried that and it helped a lot. Now i have just a minor pain, but the arm is stiff in the morning and the elbow joint is cold like no circulation when sleeping. Yes i was thinking that the arm was destroyed for life,but that is benzo fear .The arm is now okay and it will be 100% healed . I am sure your arm will be healed too you just must be patient i guess you are fine in 2-3 months..Benzo wd maybe making you think the worst.I hope you heal fast Best wishes !!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, [[H...] said:

Yes i had big pain all day, but worst in the mornings.The fist days/weeks i had to have my arm in a 90degree angle resting my hand on my belly. I was sent straight to  a hospital in a taxi by my personal doc after she had a look at my arm.I was kicked out of the hospital after they had a ultrasound and said it was an absess or a mass with crystall in there since it was red and swollen.The doc said i will have to stay in hospital overnight so they can discuss what to do.Then I was kicked out because i refused to take a drug named predsinolon.I told them i was scared of taking that drug because i was tapering off benzo .When the doc in hospital heard that she told me to go home !!. I then was in very bad pain crying and screaming and had fever some times for 5 weeks . I tok paracet that is the same as tylenol ,but it did not help.After 5 weeks i found that kettlebell video and tried that and it helped a lot. Now i have just a minor pain, but the arm is stiff in the morning and the elbow joint is cold like no circulation when sleeping. Yes i was thinking that the arm was destroyed for life,but that is benzo fear .The arm is now okay and it will be 100% healed . I am sure your arm will be healed too you just must be patient i guess you are fine in 2-3 months..Benzo wd maybe making you think the worst.I hope you heal fast Best wishes !!

thank you for support and reply !!! It means a lot to me!!! Yes I am trying to move as little as possible my shoulder and elbow... my morning pain is plateauing - and Im starting my 6th week tomorrow! I suppose its a biggest challenge there is for me right nows- to survive this february !!!!!!God help me!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/02/2024 at 11:37, [[v...] said:

I saw yesterday my rheumatologist- he did not perform ultrasound- told that there are tendonitis in elbow

Why didn't he perform an ultrasound if that is the standard for diagnosing this?

On 06/02/2024 at 11:37, [[v...] said:

doctor told to wait till April ...

What does your doctor intend to do in April?

Are there forums online that can offer you some tips to help you deal with this pain, it sounds pretty bad if its worse than protracted withdrawal, I'm so sorry you're living with this. 

he thinks that elbow is a strong joint and recovers well, shoulder he looked - 2 tendonitises and 1 bursitis... he gave me 3 months to wait (since 9th january) ... so I have to wait till 9th April - another 7 weeks , I did 6 weeks and no improvement! 

Tendonitis FB groups are too distressing and making me so scared - cause there people having it for 3, 5, 15 years .... I feel like hope just died for me - the same like it died for Russia.

I'm sorry the online support isn't helpful, the same can be said for benzo groups as well, they/we can be discouraging.

I'm not familiar with your pain, but I've had severe sciatica a couple of times and if I had to endure that pain full time, I believe I would be as distraught as you are, that kind of unrelenting agony makes it hard to endure a life filled with it.

What is your doctors plan in April?

he thinks it will be over and that I should cut off internet - 

I told to him that I was reinjured and first time I noticed healing - after re injury 

it looks like it will take long- 

he doesnt seem to agree... Just told that in april it will be over...

he suppose to be an expert of tendinopaties and I wanna so much that he will be right

but my symptoms are not changing and night pains are back.... 

I know sciatica leg nerve pain- its very distressing - also you have to suffer it out... 

im going since june with torn tendons , then frozen shoulder , then cubital tunnel in both elbows, destroyed cartilage in knees and right shoulder, tendonitis in hip back pain... 7 years of brutal cleanings killed my body

but those elbow shoulder tendonitises - are beyond anything.... I never suffered so much mentally and physically

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, [[v...] said:

7 years of brutal cleanings killed my body

I'm sorry, I don't know what this is, was this what caused your injuries?

You've had to endure so much, one of our admins has experienced a frozen shoulder, its painful and limits so many things we need to do to make our daily lives work.

• Like 1

Pamster, pls help me . its not getting better,,,, I cant do this anymore

i do not wanna suffer every minute day by day

Ibuprofen is not working, Im taking dafalgan- but its not normal that almost 2 months and night , ,on going pains are strong and painful range of movement not improving.... he told me to wait till 9th april... before that i cant go back to him... I havent seen my daughter since december cause im in mental distress and crying every day cause I can not push and pick myself and pretend before her that things are OK! 

last week I was somehow projecting myself towards April, this week every morning I am not even able to make it till the evening

• Sad 1