Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

95% Healed after 14 Months. Healing is REAL!

[Be...]

2 hours ago, [[h...] said:

Thank you for sharing your story, @[Be...], instead of moving on. I hope we will all do the same when we've healed. Those of us just starting out or in the middle of what can be a very long and seemingly endless taper get so much hope from these positive accounts of healing from a period of unimaginable trial. I am in my six month off K, and stories like yours remind me that healing does happen, which is so helpful when I'm having a bad day and I start believing the opposite. Like you, I only have about two or three symptoms left to shake, and they ebb and flow from day to day. Some days can be pretty intense, some days are not so bad, and some days things come back that I thought I'd beaten months ago, but things always get better again and are trending in the right direction. Eventually, I know this will all resolve, and I'll be "normal" again. I already feel like I have those super powers your speak of, because life came at me hard during my taper, and I couldn't handle it; now, life still comes at me hard, but I can roll with the punches, even better than before this all started. Stuff just doesn't bother me like it used to. It's wonderful. Congratulations on getting off the drug and getting to this point in your healing. I wish you continued healing and hope you hit 100% very soon.

Hi @[he...] I'm so glad you could take something from my story. Congrats on 6 months off, that's a great milestone. 2 or 3 symptoms is really good for 6 months and it sounds like you have the right attitude towards making a full recovery. I can totally relate when you say stuff doesn't bother you like it used to. It's important to recognise that and see the progress you've made. It's only going to get easier and easier with more time. I wish you all the best!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Hi , thank you. Did you use any medication that helped you deal with the symptoms. Please help. I am dealing with alot of the withdrawal symptoms.

Hi @[Av...] I didn't use any pharmaceuticals but I tried lots of natural remedies such as vitamins, herbs and supplements. I honestly don't believe any of them actually helped me but I guess I did get the placebo effect with some of them. I took Magnesium Glycinate and L-Theanine in the evenings and I also drank lots of tea with calming herbs such as chamomile, lavender, lemon balm and valerian. I also tried CBD which seemed to help a little bit but honestly, it was probably all a placebo. The only thing you can really do is take care of your health as best as you can. A clean and balanced diet will help a lot. And a proper sleep schedule and light exercise. Stay away from alcohol and my personal recommendation is to stay away from all medications if you can. It will only complicate things and lead to further long-term problems which means your recovery will take even longer.

Edited by [Be...]

@[Be...] Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing. You don’t know how much it helps. This stuff is awful, it really is. Just knowing that the superpower of increased resiliency is there makes it better. It feels like I have something tangible to look forward to. 

• Like 1

Hi Bengal cat congratulations on your recovery such an achievement. 

I'm finding it difficult to taper off 1mg clonazapam over ,6years mg gp won't help 

What were you on and for how long if you don't mind me asking 

Thankyou 🙏

On 26/10/2023 at 00:03, [[m...] said:

Hi Bengal cat congratulations on your recovery such an achievement. 

I'm finding it difficult to taper off 1mg clonazapam over ,6years mg gp won't help 

What were you on and for how long if you don't mind me asking 

Thankyou 🙏

Hi @[me...] thank you. I was on xanax daily for two years at variable doses. Highest dose was 4mg. Tapered from 3mg to zero in 7 months. My taper did not go smoothly at all, I actually updosed many times when I couldn't sleep. But I still somehow completed my taper and never looked back. It can be done. Don't rely on a GP to help you, most of them are clueless about benzo withdrawal anyway. The only person who can do this is you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, [[G...] said:

@[Be...] Do you remember how far along were you when you felt 50% better?  I am 2 months since X short taper. Mistake not knowing how to do it right. 

@[Gr...] It's difficult to answer that question but roughly I'd say I felt 50% better at month 7. Things seemed to get much easier from this point. By month 10 I was feeling 75% healed.

On 27/10/2023 at 02:08, [[B...] said:

Hi @[me...] thank you. I was on xanax daily for two years at variable doses. Highest dose was 4mg. Tapered from 3mg to zero in 7 months. My taper did not go smoothly at all, I actually updosed many times when I couldn't sleep. But I still somehow completed my taper and never looked back. It can be done. Don't rely on a GP to help you, most of them are clueless about benzo withdrawal anyway. The only person who can do this is you.

Thanks Bengal cat I'm beginning to realise the medical establishment are useless..they dish out these drugs and district lives 

Love and healing🙏

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much for keeping your own promise and coming back to us. Your words of reassurance are surely saving a lot of people here including me. I hope you get rewarded with twice as happy life. Much love…

On 27/10/2023 at 10:55, [[B...] said:

@[Gr...] It's difficult to answer that question but roughly I'd say I felt 50% better at month 7. Things seemed to get much easier from this point. By month 10 I was feeling 75% healed.

How about Tinnitus?   I too am a Xanax victim….tapering now and Tinnitus is debilitating.