Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Finally jumped after 1.5 year

[an...]

On 15/12/2023 at 12:47, [[a...] said:

Almost two months after jump. 

Everything fine. Don't even think about Xanax anymore

Thats awesome!!...could you give us a sense of the last few weeks of your taper and at what level u jumped?  Any info helpful to those of us getting closer :)

5 hours ago, [[K...] said:

Thats awesome!!...could you give us a sense of the last few weeks of your taper and at what level u jumped?  Any info helpful to those of us getting closer :)

The timeline is in my first post.

I think the most difficult part was overthinking it.

I was already in very slow dose at the end, but I was thinking the taper thing all day. That gonna give you extra anxiety

Just make a schedule and do it. Reschedule if needed,but don't consume yourself in it.

On 22/10/2023 at 02:38, [[a...] said:

My timeline:

Xanax

01/07/2022: 0.50  mg

03/09/2022: 0.25  mg

25/03/2023: 0.125 mg

05/05/2023: 0.0625 mg

03/07/2023: 0.03125 mg

10/07/2023: 0.0125 mg (increase)

06/10/2023: 0.0625 mg

18/10/2023 jump!

I am now on day 5. No withdrawals or anxiety

Lower mg where more difficult to deal with, but happy ending i hope

congrats on your taper @[an...] it looks like mostly you held for a good amount of time, thinking until you felt stable!  That's how I'm doing my taper as well, and I've also heard it can get tougher as the doses become smaller.  Thank you for sharing your progress, really very encouraging ;) oregonlady

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, [[a...] said:

The timeline is in my first post.

I think the most difficult part was overthinking it.

I was already in very slow dose at the end, but I was thinking the taper thing all day. That gonna give you extra anxiety

Just make a schedule and do it. Reschedule if needed,but don't consume yourself in it.

Looks like you held for long periods towards the end too.  Very good advice 

• Like 1

On 22/10/2023 at 18:25, [[G...] said:

@[an...] Have you had tinnitus? If so, did it start before or after SSRI?

Are you feeling stable with Paxil? Do you plan to taper off that a a later date?

Wonder if I should try SSRI. I have no idea what I am doing.

I'm only off benzos but have a bad tinnitus. I can't stop being intrigued (lol) on why and how benzo wd induce tinnutus. Mabeyvthe brain is on high alert and boiling.

I put my head under the kitchen fan when it's to much. White noice mask my type of tinnitus good. I have a high tone pitch in both ears. Some fading and chorus effect.

But I have had it for a year now and most of the time I manage not to think of it.

I have also readbbthat it's one of the symptoms that stays the longest.

But will end thank God.

There are many tinnutus masking vids on YouTube but I think fans and other static sounds work best.

17 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

I'm only off benzos but have a bad tinnitus. I can't stop being intrigued (lol) on why and how benzo wd induce tinnutus. Mabeyvthe brain is on high alert and boiling.

I put my head under the kitchen fan when it's to much. White noice mask my type of tinnitus good. I have a high tone pitch in both ears. Some fading and chorus effect.

But I have had it for a year now and most of the time I manage not to think of it.

I have also readbbthat it's one of the symptoms that stays the longest.

But will end thank God.

There are many tinnutus masking vids on YouTube but I think fans and other static sounds work best.

@[ne...] Here's something I found interesting. If you are not on Benzo’s and go to a Dr. for tinnitus one of the first go to meds they offer is.......BENZODIAZEPINES....Yep, a\long with possibly old school Tricyclic antidepressants like Amitrypline , imipramine etc. So I think damage is done to the vestibular area.

• Like 1