What are your plans for this weekend?

[An...]

GM Benzobuddies,

Not much on the agenda for me this weekend. I am currently listening to a Kim Komando computer podcast. I may go outside today and give my 20 year old car a bath, LOL. It desperately needs one. I try to wash it at least once a year. 😁 I also need to clean the interior. It looks like a landfill.

I still can't mow the lawn for my mother bc it rained heavily last night. Maybe, I will start next week Monday or Tuesday if the weather permits.

I hope you guys are having a pleasant weekend despite the benzo madness. 

Edited by [An...]
grammar correction

I took the dog on a walk this morning. It’s a lovely day, just a bit windy. Next I cleaned out a closet and then we took stuff to Goodwill. Not enough, there is still a lot of detritus we need to get rid of. 

Good luck with the car cleaning @[An...]

Enjoy the weekend everyone. 

Hello @[Hu...] and fellow benzobuddies.....

I have not been on much today. I spent most of today outside doing yardwork for my mother. I am not done yet. I will try and finish up tomorrow.

On Sundays I often watch movies. Recently the Netflix adaption of All Quiet on the Western Front came out. Really a outstanding movie. But today I'm going to watch Warhorse again which also is very tragic. 

On 28/10/2023 at 18:03, [[H...] said:

I was practicing the 3rd movement of Beethovens Moonlight Sonata. Which is almost impossible with my foggy head, but I'm stubborn also.

Wow, that’s a very difficult movement. I’m impressed that you are able to practice it while in withdrawal. The arpeggios move at warp speed.

10 minutes ago, [[p...] said:

Wow, that’s a very difficult movement. I’m impressed that you are able to practice it while in withdrawal. The arpeggios move at warp speed.

It is really difficult now. It only do 4 measures a day and some days I only repeat. I have to admit I only practice in the evening when I'm most stable. In the daytime I do things like photography or creating clay figures. 

Edited by [Hu...]

Good morning buddies. No real plans for me this Saturday. I may start up my leaf blower and clean up my mother's front yard, provided my tennis elbow will allow it. My right arm has been hurting now for almost 3 months. Ugh!

22 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Good morning buddies. No real plans for me this Saturday. I may start up my leaf blower and clean up my mother's front yard, provided my tennis elbow will allow it. My right arm has been hurting now for almost 3 months. Ugh!

I had tennis elbow when I wasn’t using good technique to hit the ball. I used ice and compression to help and improved my strokes and it went away. So the. I blew out my shoulder! 

1 hour ago, [[p...] said:

I had tennis elbow when I wasn’t using good technique to hit the ball. I used ice and compression to help and improved my strokes and it went away. So the. I blew out my shoulder! 

Thanks PainoGirl. Fixed your tennis elbow only to blow out your shoulder. 😁

I just ordered a compression sleeve from Amazon. I will also try some ice as you suggested.👍 The pain wakes me up from sleep. This is the second time I have suffered from tennis elbow. It is not from playing tennis tho. It was from using a hedge trimmer and overreaching using one arm/hand to trim the really large hedge bushes. Ugh--

My 1st case went away after about a month but this last case is really stubborn.

2 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Thanks PainoGirl. Fixed your tennis elbow only to blow out your shoulder. 😁

I just ordered a compression sleeve from Amazon. I will also try some ice as you suggested.👍 The pain wakes me up from sleep. This is the second time I have suffered from tennis elbow. It is not from playing tennis tho. It was from using a hedge trimmer and overreaching using one arm/hand to trim the really large hedge bushes. Ugh--

My 1st case went away after about a month but this last case is really stubborn.

At least I got 15 years of tennis playing before my shoulder gave out.

My weekend is pretty much the same as every day. I have long covid (LC), so it's another day of dealing with POTS and MCAS from the recliner, while wishing my benzo taper were already over so I could focus on trying some new LC treatments. Recently started watching Supergirl on Nextflix and am blown away by how super cute it is. It is really cute! 

Good Morning Buddies,

Not many plans for me this weekend. I worked in the yard yesterday so no yard work today. 😁 I need to wash my car, clean the interior, do a visual inspection under the hood, and install some ignition coils I purchased from Amazon. Will I do any or all of these things today? LOL, it is anyone's guess.

Have a great weekend everyone and be good to yourself and to the ppl you love in your life who love you back.💖

4 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Good Morning Buddies,

Not many plans for me this weekend. I worked in the yard yesterday so no yard work today. 😁 I need to wash my car, clean the interior, do a visual inspection under the hood, and install some ignition coils I purchased from Amazon. Will I do any or all of these things today? LOL, it is anyone's guess.

Have a great weekend everyone and be good to yourself and to the ppl you love in your life who love you back.💖

Same to you @[An...]! Being good to ourselves and our loved ones is far better than cleaning the car any day!

Happy Friday Buddies.  Any plans for the weekend?

It has been raining off and on where I am located so no outside work for me.

I do have a small inside plumbing job I need to do for my mother and I am not much of a handyman. I hope I don't make things worse with this DIY job. Wish me luck! LOL🤞

Going to a new health food store (wild excitement, right?). If the weather is okay I need to clean the birdbath. Ugh. Still, they need water to drink in the winter, too. Then I might read. 

• Like 1

I’m going to plan my Thanksgiving dinner. My son will smoke the turkey, it turns out amazing! I will make our favorite sides.

I have to hem a pair of pants and teach a couple of makeup lessons. 

Yes, I live a wild and exciting life!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[p...] said:

I’m going to plan my Thanksgiving dinner. My son will smoke the turkey, it turns out amazing! I will make our favorite sides.

I have to hem a pair of pants and teach a couple of makeup lessons. 

Yes, I live a wild and exciting life!

That sounds so enjoyable Pianogirl. I also enjoy the really simple things in life with family and friends. Even tho I am mostly vegan, I do eat a certain amount of meat in my diet. I love smoked Turkey.😋

I have recently started eating sugar again after abstaining for a long time. Yes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, LOL. I have to get back on the wagon. I love sugar but it does not love me back. I am sure I have been spiking my blood sugar to the moon and back. Today, I am going to put the brakes on again. Nothing wrong with a little sweet treat every now and then but when I eat sugar, it is very hard for me to turn things off and I overeat it and that is not good.

Have a great Saturday buddies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [[p...] said:

Must be college, what teams do you support?

Yes, college football!  I support Tennessee!   Also pull for Alabama and Auburn when they aren't playing Tennessee. 

• Like 1

Happy Saturday Buddies.....not much going on for me this weekend.

I need to run to my local library and pay some late fines today. Other than that, I will probably just binge-listen to some true crime podcasts while surfing the internet. I also need to watch a few how-to DIY videos on youTube about a car repair project I need to do next week.