What are your plans for this weekend?

[An...]

On 30/09/2023 at 07:29, [[A...] said:

Me: Tomorrow ---I am going to cut the grass in the backyard for my elderly mother using a push mower and then clean-up everything with my leaf blower. I know, exciting right and so much fun. LOL

Have a great upcoming weekend benzobuddies. I know some ppl in acute w/d are just holding on for dear life and trying to make it through the day. I hope this weekend might bring you a little relief and respite. These drugs rob us of so much. I am now grateful for the most simple things in life like a good night of restful sleep.

Are you off them now? I'm day 33 off and it's still like being tortured :(

On 28/11/2023 at 03:11, [[L...] said:

Are you off them now? I'm day 33 off and it's still like being tortured :(

No Lisa, I am still tapering. I am a little below 2 mgs currently.

Hello Buddies,

Another rainy and cold day here so I won't be doing much outside.

I may try to read some today to just kill some time.

Happy Saturday buddies. 

On 03/12/2023 at 05:38, [[A...] said:

On 03/12/2023 at 05:38, [[A...] said:

I'm day 39 and have been hit by a massive wave.  Can't leave the house.  Feel like my whole CNS is on fire.  My quality of life is ZERO 🥺💔

I sure hope so Lisa. Sorry to hear you are still feeling so crummy. Hang in there friend. You are still very early in recovery + your CNS endured a rapid detox so feeling bad is quite understandable at this point. Your brain is always striving to restore homeostasis. The disruptive influence caused by benzodiazepines can take some time to reverse.

• Like 1

On 04/12/2023 at 20:00, [[A...] said:

I sure hope so Lisa. Sorry to hear you are still feeling so crummy. Hang in there friend. You are still very early in recovery + your CNS endured a rapid detox so feeling bad is quite understandable at this point. Your brain is always striving to restore homeostasis. The disruptive influence caused by benzodiazepines can take some time to reverse.

@[An...] It's amazing how much healing has gone down just this week !! Day 43 now and the chemical itself has definitely left my body.  My fowl body odour has ceased altogether, my PVC heart beats have completely stopped, my 24/7 state of panic has stopped, amongst many other things.

Now my CNS is healing, slowly but surely, day by day ❤️

6 hours ago, [[L...] said:

@[An...] It's amazing how much healing has gone down just this week !! Day 43 now and the chemical itself has definitely left my body.  My fowl body odour has ceased altogether, my PVC heart beats have completely stopped, my 24/7 state of panic has stopped, amongst many other things.

Now my CNS is healing, slowly but surely, day by day ❤️

This is great news Lisa. You are slowly recovering. I love your optimistic attitude. I am so happy for you. 👏

Are you still getting outdoors and trying to walk each day? Have the balance issues gotten any better?

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

This is great news Lisa. You are slowly recovering. I love your optimistic attitude. I am so happy for you. 👏

Are you still getting outdoors and trying to walk each day? Have the balance issues gotten any better?

4 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Hi @[an...] 

You said:

He also added sertraline 100 mg oncedaily  to my meds as I have been having suicidal thoughts. It seems to have made symptoms worse. 

ADs usually make you feel worse for the first two or
 three weeks before they start their therapeutic effects. Psychiatrists know this, they just don’t tell you. In your situation it’s important to know this, at the beginning they can increase anxiety, or imsomnia or give you GI issues. In the long run ADs are good for anxiety as well as depression symptoms, only that you have to be aware of the strong possibility of their adding more trouble during the first weeks. 

@[An...] I just had a shower and washed my hair.  When I closed my eyes to wet my hair, I nearly fell over, so balance still not the best.  No anxiety at ALL though today and I truly believe now that I'm well on the way.  I might do another small walk tomorrow.  Showering was so exhausting.  I can cope with all of the physical symptoms but that feeling of TERROR is just like being tortured.  I honestly believe that I'm now over the worst of it but my whole CNS still has a way to go.  The big test will be my Grandaughters 2nd birthday party on Sunday 😱😱😱😱

• 2 months later...

chilling, or maybe go somewhere with friends) did you heared about laugh factory? These last few days, I'm really not in the mood and I wanted to find something interesting, so I turned to laugh factory customer service, where there are actually a lot of funny scenes that will definitely lift your mood as well :)

Edited by [Po...]
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

@[Po...]Welcome to BenzoBuddies! 🌿🙂

Very nice of you to revive this thread, wonderful idea 🙂

Would you fill your "History" if you have the time, so we might know where you are in your journey? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, [[R...] said:

@[Po...]Welcome to BenzoBuddies! 🌿🙂

Very nice of you to revive this thread, wonderful idea 🙂

Would you fill your "History" if you have the time, so we might know where you are in your journey? 

thanks a lot !!! sure i will do that later :) 

• 4 weeks later...
[mi...]

This weekend, for the first time in a long time, I want to visit my family. I live in another city and haven't seen them for a long time, I think it would be nice to spend more time with my family

• Like 1

[An...]
21 hours ago, [[m...] said:

This weekend, for the first time in a long time, I want to visit my family. I live in another city and haven't seen them for a long time, I think it would be nice to spend more time with my family

Good for you mia. I think it would be good for you. Have a safe trip and enjoy.

• Love 1

[An...]

This weekend, I plan on doing a little more yardwork for my mother. I said little and I mean little (LOL).

[mi...]
3 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

This weekend, I plan on doing a little more yardwork for my mother. I said little and I mean little (LOL).

It's always a great idea to help your mom ::)

• Love 1

[An...]
On 11/03/2024 at 16:46, [[e...] said:

I plan to clean up the backyard and visit friends

Welcome to BB from me also @[em...]

[An...]

Well, I lied. I have not done any yardwork this weekend. 😁 Maybe, I will get around to it Monday.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
[em...]

Next weekend we are going to visit relatives in a nearby town. They will throw a party in honor of their daughter's engagement

[An...]
6 hours ago, [[e...] said:

Next weekend we are going to visit relatives in a nearby town. They will throw a party in honor of their daughter's engagement

Have fun and stay safe!