Sleeps Zaps!

[...]

Hello, has anyone had issues when they are just about to fall asleep, they get jerked back awake again?

This happened several times throughout the night last night. For disclosure, I am currently on day three of taking Paxlovid for CoVID and am 2 1/2 years post successful 18 month taper from brand name Klonopin. Anyone else have this? 

All comments/experiences welcome! 

thank you! 

• Like 1

Hello @[...] Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

They are called hypnagogic jerks, and in of themselves, they are nothing to worry about. They occur to everyone now and then, but are more common when there are outside stressors or stimulants. More rarely, there can be neurological causes for them, but they would seem unlikely given what you have described.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

I think you will find the Wiki page reassuring. If you are feeling unwell and/or stressed, these would seem the more likely explanations to me. Though, of course, if in any doubt, talk with your doctor.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
[Rh...]

I have had these and they have become less and less.  If your experiencing them for the first time and you have COVID and also started the medication then I’d assume it’s related to either or both of those.

I know this post is older and I hope you figured it out and are doing better!