Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Addict od benzos,ssri,my way and my questions

[...]

Hi @[...], I’m not sure using a benzodiazepine to taper from another benzodiazepine is a good idea, it kind of defeats the purpose.  Wouldn’t it be better to taper the Klonopin slowly enough so you don’t need to substitute with diazepam?  

I know the symptoms are awful but the only way out of this mess is to rid yourself of benzodiazepines, do you think you can taper from the Klonopin without using the diazepam? 

5 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Hi @[...], I’m not sure using a benzodiazepine to taper from another benzodiazepine is a good idea, it kind of defeats the purpose.  Wouldn’t it be better to taper the Klonopin slowly enough so you don’t need to substitute with diazepam?  

I know the symptoms are awful but the only way out of this mess is to rid yourself of benzodiazepines, do you think you can taper from the Klonopin without using the diazepam? 

I dont know,right now I nered to little stabilize without diazepam to see full picture

@[...], what was your last dose of diazepam, how much was it?  In the past when you’ve made a reduction of the diazepam, what days did you start to feel increased symptoms?  I guess we need to know when and what to expect this time. 

2 hours ago, [[P...] said:

@[...], what was your last dose of diazepam, how much was it?  In the past when you’ve made a reduction of the diazepam, what days did you start to feel increased symptoms?  I guess we need to know when and what to expect this time. 

We'll,last time I stopped from 1mg diazepam and it last 5-6 days and I the symptoms was unbereble,chest pain was unbereble,like I was going to have Hart attack,this time I stopped easier from 0.5mg diazepam and there was chest pain first 5-6days but it was Lither then the first time,now chest pain is  away,Here is just  mild anxiety now and cravings,I think that the worst is behind me,but I dont know,I wasnt in this situation ,tomorow day 9,I am ok when take klonopin in the morning,in the middle of the day is harder,but it is menageble,I hope IT Will get better

27 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

1mg? You mean 10mg right?

No,first time,I tapered to 1mg,and didnt manage 6 days,and this time I tapered to 0.5 mg diazepam,using scale,and stopped 8 days ago

1 minute ago, [[n...] said:

Oh ok that clears it! How long was your taper?

This last time from 5mg daily to stop 2 months

Just now, [[n...] said:

5mg at your highest? That's a low dose and a taper for 8 weeks sounds fast but in your case reasonable. As your dose was so low. 

I take Also Klonopin 1mg daily and luvox 100 mg daily so this is just begining

Just now, [[n...] said:

Ok I get it.. you start with the diazepam. Good job this far! :balloon:

Yes,I hope so,Klonopin is biggest problem but when I will be on one benzo picture Will be clearly with symptoms

• Like 1

Please allow your body enough time to settle after eliminating the diazepam before tapering again.  Perhaps if you fully stabilize and make very small reductions to the Klonopin you can stay away from the diazepam, I hope so. 

On 15/01/2024 at 19:19, [[P...] said:

Please allow your body enough time to settle after eliminating the diazepam before tapering again.  Perhaps if you fully stabilize and make very small reductions to the Klonopin you can stay away from the diazepam, I hope so. 

Well,I am now 14 days away from diazepam,still Halving cravings,and not stabilize  that I could start reducing klonopin,I Will wait for at least 2 weeks more then I Will see,I have ups and downs

I’m glad you’re going to wait awhile longer before attempting to taper the Klonopin @[...], your body is telling you its not time yet, glad you’re listening.

What is your current dose of Klonopin? 

15 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I’m glad you’re going to wait awhile longer before attempting to taper the Klonopin @[...], your body is telling you its not time yet, glad you’re listening.

What is your current dose of Klonopin? 

My dose od klonopin is 1 mg separated on two doses,morning 0.5 mg and evening 0.5 mg,I am now more stable but not comfort to start taper,10 days ago my psyhiatric give me larger dose of luvox,So I am on 150 mg od luvox 10 days now but without diazepam,I think when everything settle few weeks from now I hope I could start tapering by small amounts of Klonopin,hope so🫣

• Like 1

Well,I did mestake,It start in friday to have sleeping problems,so I did take diazepam,becouse IT helped for one day and then I start to be more destabilized,I started to taking 1,5mg off klonopin daily to stabilize and it is working ,diazepam no way that I Will take another time,,what to do when I start to have sleeping problems,can I try with sleep tablets for day or two,becouse when I dont sleep well I am devastited and I am totally destabilized,tnhank you 

I think I need to reinstate valium becouse without switching eaesily from klonopin to valium my klonopin taper could be few Years,I have valium as I need to switch eaesily,any sugestion apricieted

On 05/02/2024 at 01:05, [[P...] said:

Hi @[...], I’m sorry I didn’t see your post, what did you decide to do? 

No problem,I am on my own mess right now,I tried to reinstate diazepam but it isnt working Like I was thinking IT Will do,now I did take 4 days in a row diazepam and I Will stop that again,becouse IT is now just 4 days I Will try just not to take then anymore,21 day without diazepam,then 1 day I did take 10 mg,then 3 days without and now 3 days on 1.25-2.5 mg,must survive this without diazepam,I dont feel ok with IT anymore,good in this mess is that way that I am feeling doesnt give me problem in everyday life,I have prescription for  1.5 mg od klonopin but I just take 1mg,maybe IT is better to increase klonopin to 1.5 just to try to stabilize without diazepam,you were wright,this wasnt a good idea to reinstate diazepam after 21 day without IT,but it is what it is,if you have some sugestions IT Will be Great,my psyhiatric sugested me to try with depakote but I did refuse,I did see that depakote helps some People with benzodiazepine withdrawall so I am thinking to try with IT,what do you think

I'm not a fan of using medications off label but I have no experience with Depakote so I really can't comment.  My friend has epilepsy and uses that medication, I don't know how it would help in this situation. 

I hope you can arrive at a plan, your brain craves consistency and your medication usage is not consistent so I'm afraid you're going to have a difficult time stabilizing. 

5 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I'm not a fan of using medications off label but I have no experience with Depakote so I really can't comment.  My friend has epilepsy and uses that medication, I don't know how it would help in this situation. 

I hope you can arrive at a plan, your brain craves consistency and your medication usage is not consistent so I'm afraid you're going to have a difficult time stabilizing. 

Yes,I know,I didn't been on this situation when I stoped benzo after Long usage so I was confused,I Will do my best to stick to one dosage of klonopin mi matter what,just to BE on one benzo,must do IT,my braun trick me,tnx for fast answer ,IT gives me strenght for what is coming,thank you