Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Addict od benzos,ssri,my way and my questions

[...]

Hello everybody,I'm on luvox and klonopin-8 months-taperd from 1mg to 0,25 today,and on diazepam ass neded-also tapered from 5 mg every day to 2times a week(trying to stop for good),but I'm stuck now becouse I think im on interdose withdrawall,I wont to go to klonopin 0.5 and get off diazepam completle or I wont to stay on 0.25 klonopin and be on diazepam ass needed,do I need to be stable to continue klonopin withdrawall?Its all so confusing when there is diazepam who dont work any more(build tolerance)and klonopin where 0.25 is now too week that I need diazepam,My goal is to lift klonopin to 0.5 and cut off diazepam completle and then start to taper klonopin when I Will ne stable,ohhh,this is so confusing,sorry about nad English,I'm from Croatia

Hello lav, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I can see you're having a difficult time, being on two benzodiazepines can be challenging so I can see why you want to simplify things.  Is it your wish to cross over fully to Klonopin?  We can help you figure this out but I feel your most important task is to stabilize where you are, which means getting on a steady dose of both so you can assess where you are.

We typically recommend taking your dose every day to try to achieve level blood serum levels, are you currently taking Diazepam only twice a week, and taking Klonopin every day?

Pamster

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Hello lav, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I can see you're having a difficult time, being on two benzodiazepines can be challenging so I can see why you want to simplify things.  Is it your wish to cross over fully to Klonopin?  We can help you figure this out but I feel your most important task is to stabilize where you are, which means getting on a steady dose of both so you can assess where you are.

We typically recommend taking your dose every day to try to achieve level blood serum levels, are you currently taking Diazepam only twice a week, and taking Klonopin every day?

Pamster

Yes,I take Klonopin every day,till 2 days ago 0.25 but I'm now on 0.5,i haved problem at work and i couldnt calm down 24 Hours and I have to call sick and now I'm stabilizing,diazepam as I stoped taking every day,stoped from 1,25 mg from tapering,but exactly every5-6 days from last doze off diazepam I have crises that I cant handle and I take diazepam,,,maybe now when I'm on klonopin off 0.5 wont be Like that.Yes my goal is to be only on klonopin becouse it is very challenging to be on two benzos plus luvox,tnx

If you've settled on .5 Klonopin to be your daily dose, then I'd stick with that for a week or two, your brain is craving consistency so lets try to aid in that.  As for the Diazepam, do you feel you still need it since you've jumped back up to .5 mgs Klonopin?  If you do, then I'd suggest getting on a steady but small dose of that as well, erratic dosing can lead to a whiplash effect of symptoms. 

What size are your diazepam pills?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

If you've settled on .5 Klonopin to be your daily dose, then I'd stick with that for a week or two, your brain is craving consistency so lets try to aid in that.  As for the Diazepam, do you feel you still need it since you've jumped back up to .5 mgs Klonopin?  If you do, then I'd suggest getting on a steady but small dose of that as well, erratic dosing can lead to a whiplash effect of symptoms. 

What size are your diazepam pills?

Yes,i have little trouble with sleeping,yes I dont have xonsistency,it was diazepam one time 5 mg,when I haved breakdown it was 10mg,and sometimes 2.5 mg,my tablets off diazepam Are 5mg,,,,,,,,,and what after week or two off klonopin,slow taper or back to 0.25,just asking🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔,but I cant Still ask you after week or two right

Your body should let you know when you've stabilized, but stable doesn't necessarily mean feeling good, its more about if your symptoms have quit changing drastically or you're able to take care of some of your basic daily tasks.  Once that happens then a gradual taper of about 5-10% off your current dose is a good guideline or what's better is to let your symptoms dictate your taper, good record keeping can aid in this.

Do you plan to use diazepam and if so, what dose?  We need to be consistent with that as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Your body should let you know when you've stabilized, but stable doesn't necessarily mean feeling good, its more about if your symptoms have quit changing drastically or you're able to take care of some of your basic daily tasks.  Once that happens then a gradual taper of about 5-10% off your current dose is a good guideline or what's better is to let your symptoms dictate your taper, good record keeping can aid in this.

Do you plan to use diazepam and if so, what dose?  We need to be consistent with that as well.

Ok,I understand,,,,,,,I dont plan to use diazepam,ok, consistency is the key right now,tnx,you give me hope😁,0.5 klonopin daily💪💪 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Sorry to bother you,but maybe I need diazepam also,I have cravings and chest palpations this morning,it's not klonopin for sure,so what do you advice,I understand consistency is the key

• Like 1

You're going to have symptoms no matter what you do, this is the nature of withdrawal and recovery so I need to ask if what you're feeling is enough to disrupt your life or can you manage what you're feeling through distraction, meditation, calming apps or any other tools?

I'm not discounting your distress and will fully support adding diazepam back in, just need to know how bad this is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

You're going to have symptoms no matter what you do, this is the nature of withdrawal and recovery so I need to ask if what you're feeling is enough to disrupt your life or can you manage what you're feeling through distraction, meditation, calming apps or any other tools?

I'm not discounting your distress and will fully support adding diazepam back in, just need to know how bad this is. 

This morning was situation where I coudn't manage situation,I have taken 2.5mg off diazepam,I have taking diazepam for decades,becouse off drinking problem i have'd and I have back problems,(3 disc protrusions),and when I go to Doc becouse back pain Always get 3 injection of diazepam+ketonal,honestly I'm heapy when I take diazepam as needed,when I work and have craving that is the ugly part,I work on grocery store,I must be stable there,its dificult to calm with so many People around,asking questions and so on,there diazepam is security kit for me,this is so confusing,how to get consistency,I have it when I was on 0.25 clonazepam and 2,5 diazepam daily for some time,,but everything fall apart when I geted off taking diazepam every day,ufff,I have apointment with my psih tomorrow and I dont know what to say to him,they Will give me more luvox for sure,I'm alredy on that so 100 or 150 isn't some difrence,I would must taper from 100 or from 150,Luvox helped me before but this time I'm in biger problems,now I need consistency but I don't wont to go to diazepam every day,or I can yust small doses,1,25 mg,quater od a Pill,maybe that Will help🤔

Thank you for explaining your situation, I can see where the activity and noise at a grocery store would be very difficult to deal with.  

Have you thought about converting your entire Klonopin dose over to diazepam to make things less complicated?  If that doesn't appeal to you then I hope you can figure out a dose of diazepam you can take every day, its important you get stable again before attempting to taper.  What dose do you think that would be?

I don't know if its a good idea to increase the Luvox, that's something for you and your doctor to work out but generally speaking, adjunct medications can only do so much to temper our symptoms, we haven't found anything yet that works for everyone. 

Did you know that benzo's hit the same receptors in the brain as alcohol?  If you have issues with alcohol, I hope you can finally be rid of these drugs, they keep the craving alive and well. 

• Like 1

Yes,I thought to replace klonopin with diazepam with Ashton manual but that didn't work,maybe there is another way?,,,,,with 2,5mg diazepam daily maybe that could work to stabilize,but then maybe I could go back to 0.25 klonazepam,I only Took 3 days of klonopin off  0.5,or to stay on 0.5 klonopin and add 2,5 diazepam,,,,,,I know that benzos work Like alchocol,unfortunetly I am achocolic-tipsoman,,,,,to get all card on the table I must say I haved relapsed 6 days ago 1 day after 14 months I Been sober,but I wosn't good before that,bih mistake I know,but it is how it is,start from begining,every day disulfiram and day by day

• Like 1

Hi lav,

I'm still learning how to navigate the new platform but I've just found you again so wanted to continue our conversation.  

Have you stopped drinking, its important you get a handle on that before attempting to taper.  I've been sober 32 years and there is no way I could have gotten off of the benzo if I'd still been drinking, it would have been too tempting to make the pain go away using alcohol.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Hi lav,

I'm still learning how to navigate the new platform but I've just found you again so wanted to continue our conversation.  

Have you stopped drinking, its important you get a handle on that before attempting to taper.  I've been sober 32 years and there is no way I could have gotten off of the benzo if I'd still been drinking, it would have been too tempting to make the pain go away using alcohol.

Yes,i have one relaps 2  weeks ago after 14 months without alchocol and thats it,no more alcohol, I take disulfiram every morning,,,,Last two days I'm on 0.375mg klonopin and 2.5mg off diazepam,,and I have headaches when I take Diazepam,I know I must stabilize my self but I'm thinking to try with 1,25mg diazepam daily to see how Will it work,if it wont I go back to 2,5mg,,or 2 Times od 1,25 mg of diazepam to reduce headache🤔,there is no hury,I know there is long way ahead od me,what do you think???I'm not stabile but I think gettib back on little dosage diazepam was your good idea,but,,,,what dosage Will it be🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔???

I can see you're stressed about your situation, I understand because this is what the drug does to us when it turns on us.  But its important to understand that stress will increase symptom severity so finding ways to calm yourself will benefit you.

Most of our members will find tools that help them distract from the symptoms and they'll find calming tools.  Mine was work, I did house and yard projects, I worked full time, I walked, I couldn't sit still so I put my distress into productive activities.  Granted, I did everything in slow motion because of my diminished physical state and I was so cognitively challenged I had a lot of difficulty but I just kept putting one foot in front of the other.  Some members will meditate, do puzzles, play video games, find apps to help them cope, what do you use?

I don't know what dose or combination of medications will work for you, this is all about experimentation and unfortunately, you're the subject.  The only thing I can tell you is go slow, build up slowly to the dose you want, this will hopefully keep you from going too high then having taper off a larger amount. Once you find what works, chill there for awhile so you can get your breath and get ready for the next phase, okay?

Please keep a good written record of your doses and your symptom severity, this will help you know what works and what doesn't and it will also help you as you proceed with your taper, let your symptoms guide you.

2 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I can see you're stressed about your situation, I understand because this is what the drug does to us when it turns on us.  But its important to understand that stress will increase symptom severity so finding ways to calm yourself will benefit you.

Most of our members will find tools that help them distract from the symptoms and they'll find calming tools.  Mine was work, I did house and yard projects, I worked full time, I walked, I couldn't sit still so I put my distress into productive activities.  Granted, I did everything in slow motion because of my diminished physical state and I was so cognitively challenged I had a lot of difficulty but I just kept putting one foot in front of the other.  Some members will meditate, do puzzles, play video games, find apps to help them cope, what do you use?

I don't know what dose or combination of medications will work for you, this is all about experimentation and unfortunately, you're the subject.  The only thing I can tell you is go slow, build up slowly to the dose you want, this will hopefully keep you from going too high then having taper off a larger amount. Once you find what works, chill there for awhile so you can get your breath and get ready for the next phase, okay?

Please keep a good written record of your doses and your symptom severity, this will help you know what works and what doesn't and it will also help you as you proceed with your taper, let your symptoms guide you.

Great,tnx👍

This is good news and wonderful to hear you've found something that helps you cope.  

Yes, day six and who knows how it will go?  You've figured out its sometimes one minute at a time, learn to expect the unexpected. :thumbsup:

22 hours ago, [[P...] said:

This is good news and wonderful to hear you've found something that helps you cope.  

Yes, day six and who knows how it will go?  You've figured out its sometimes one minute at a time, learn to expect the unexpected. :thumbsup:

I have'd two really stresed days at work and I have menaged that pretty well,it was stresed hard but I didn't think to go for extra pills,,,,,,I order better scale,precised off this that I have(gemini 20 scale )and its coming im about 3 weeks from now  to my country(Croatia-come to visit to see how beautifull my country is😁),,,,,I hope if everything Will be ok by then I'll start mini tapering,thank you for your responces,I really apriciate that,have good day,,or night😁😁😁

You sound really good lav, and handling that stress is huge!  In my opinion, stress can ramp up symptoms to insane levels so give yourself a pat on the back for making it through without reaching for the drug. :thumbsup:

You're setting yourself up for success by getting the tools you need to taper because having confidence in your method will help your state of mind and as we know, that's important.

I've heard Croatia is beautiful, you have ever right to be proud. 

2 hours ago, [[P...] said:

You sound really good lav, and handling that stress is huge!  In my opinion, stress can ramp up symptoms to insane levels so give yourself a pat on the back for making it through without reaching for the drug. :thumbsup:

You're setting yourself up for success by getting the tools you need to taper because having confidence in your method will help your state of mind and as we know, that's important.

I've heard Croatia is beautiful, you have every right to be proud. 

Thank you🌞

Hi lav, I need you to do us a favor.  Having your medication history and status in your profile will help others help you.  It’s too time consuming to go back through your posts so please use these instructions to fill in your About Me or History in your profile.   Then we can talk about what’s going on with you, okay?

16 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Hi lav, I need you to do us a favor.  Having your medication history and status in your profile will help others help you.  It’s too time consuming to go back through your posts so please use these instructions to fill in your About Me or History in your profile.   Then we can talk about what’s going on with you, okay?

Think I did,,,,,,going to Klonopin on two Times a day,must prepare to good day when I'm going to taper,dont wont interdose withdrawalls,overall I'm better but not good

• Like 1

I have one question,I hope im the near future that I Will be stable to start klonopin taper,I'm on 0.25 klonopin two Times a day and I'm just se wondering becouse its very dificult or inposible in my case to Split tablet to be exactly the same on Grams,have Pill cutter but they are never the same halfs,so is it ok to reduce  5 precent od tablet by shaving and then cut it in half to get two doses,thank you,,,,,,or you have some other ideas