Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Lovenox - anticoagulant medication

[Tr...]

I need to take Lovenox which is blood thinning medication. Anyone have experience with anticoagulant medications before? I’m too scared of a set back but need to start taking this medication, it’s daily 40mg injections.

I hope you can find some posts using this search function.  Site benzobuddies: lovenox

Injections, ugh, I’m sorry.

It’s been a few days since I started lovenox which is an anticoagulant. I’m on a daily injection of 40mg and have had no reactions. I’m very cautious and nervous about taking medications as I don’t want a setback and had severe sensitivity earlier in withdrawal. It’s now 3,5 years and it seems my sensitivity is less, I also take some vitamins now and do OK, I couldn’t take vitamins either. So this is just reassurance for those who may have to take lovenox, if you are far out and doing better, you may not have a negative reaction. All the best.

Thank you for documenting your experience because you know someone will come along hoping for information, you’ve helped someone else.  :smitten: