Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Timodine Cream - anyone have experience? - Antifungal/mild corticosteroid

[Br...]

Dear Buddies

I am in the UK and have been prescribed Timodine Cream for a rash from skin rubbing on my inner thigh. The ingredients are Nystatin (anti fungal) Hydrocortisoid (apparently a mild corticosteroid), dimetacone (a water repellent) and benzalkonium chloride (an antiseptic that kills bacteria).

Very worried about taking this due to the anti fungal and corticosteroid as I’m 2mg down from a taper of 10 mg and already struggling a lot.

Any advice from anyone who has taken this cream would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure what else to use and the skin is sore and seems cracked.

Thanks for anyone with experience.

BW

Brian

I don’t have experience but I’ve read several members react to steroids in any form, have you looked into naturally treating your condition?  I don’t want to go against your doctor or have you keep suffering with this rash but I’d sure look for an alternative just to be on the safe side.

As always, thanks Pam,

Not sure what to do really. Benzos really are the gift that keeps on giving.

With gratitude,

Brian

Anyone else have experience of this particular cream. I think UK only prescription. My skin is very raw and broken, so very afraid of increased absorption of the steroid further complicating things. I know if I say to my GP that I can’t take it due to hydrocortisone she will just say I’m overthinking it / won’t happen. Really scared this won’t clear up and I’ll end up with sepsis / complications. Yes I’m paranoid re: medications.

Thanks I’m advance for any help!

I haven't tried yet but I contacted my dermatologist about not wanting cortisone cream anymore and she suggested protopic instead.

Hi Cocodot,

I am very grateful for the information. Do you know if this is available in the UK? (Not sure where you are from)

Many thanks!

Brian