Open Group  ·  69 members

Music Lovers

If You Could Pick a Song or Songs That Describe Your Benzo W/D, What and Why?

[Be...]

15 hours ago, [[E...] said:

@[Ja...]

This song actually made me cry such an awful lot. Got my "reactions" blocked after giving only seven. Really hoping @[Co...] would fix this. I saw he released the BB use data for the last month and I want to read it.

Overall, so tired and depressed, nauseated for no reason. Maybe it's like in Sartre's "Nausea"... Not in the best shape today though I got plenty of sleep. 

5 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

@[Ja...]

This song actually made me cry such an awful lot. Got my "reactions" blocked after giving only seven. Really hoping @[Co...] would fix this. I saw he released the BB use data for the last month and I want to read it.

Overall, so tired and depressed, nauseated for no reason. Maybe it's like in Sartre's "Nausea"... Not in the best shape today though I got plenty of sleep. 

Don’t worry at all about the reaction limit.

I sure hope you feel better soon. 💙

On 03/09/2023 at 20:26, [[J...] said:

Becky had this song and I love it. 

Me too. The official vid itself is superb, but non-native will not understand the words. This is why I prefer to post these songs with lyrics. Missing Becky... Will try to get some more sleep...

• 4 weeks later...

The theme from the movie The Exorcist

Because there are too many strange things with this. I may be looking for a good one with good references.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Because there are too many strange things with this. I may be looking for a good one with good references.

@[Gr...]

Sorry, it's laughter through tears. I loved the movie, but can't remember the original soundtrack. I'll check it out. The book is even better, very philosophical, about the conversion of a priest who was about to lose his Faith.

I guess you're one of those folks who hates horror movies? Well, I'm obsessed with them. Especially the Japanese ones about ghosts, like "Ringū". 

I mean what can be more scary than life itself? I love being scared while knowing that I'm secure. I remember reading the book "Ringū" by Kōji Suzuki and having these goosebumps all the time... I was the happiest person on Earth, totally detached from the horror story that's my own life.

Edited by [Es...]
  • Like 1

On 01/10/2023 at 03:37, [[G...] said:

Tubular Bells was written by a then 19 yo self-taught English multi-instrumentalist Mike Oldfield. It gained fame after being used as the opening theme for the opening of The Exorcist.  Oldfield composed New Age Prog-Rock music, and plays most of the instruments on the recording. The album was a huge success, launching his career, and he's probably more known for that recording than any other. 

ETA: Still can't get used to the new forum and format. Bleh. 

Edited by [Be...]
  • Like 2

SEAL - Crazy

It's my post-acute song. Because we all got to get a little crazy (waves) to see through that fractal wall (windows) to touch the face of the life we once had, and will get once again. We have to get a little crazy to survive, we won't unless we do. If we only knew before we took the first crazy pill. Only some of us want to be free of these meds, most just take the pills. Isn't that crazy? We are told we need the pills, and criticized for wanting to get off. We try to unlock the door, while those criticizing us sleep because they don't think we should get off. They don't see the harm. They're not the ones who are crazy. I am touching my friend's face (my friend is myself before benzos) through the fractal wall now. 

“Crazy” is a song by Seal from his eponymous debut album released in 1991. The song was inspired by the events of 1989-1990, particularly the fall of the Berlin Wall. The lyrics of the song are about how people need to be a little crazy to truly live and experience miracles. The protagonist talks about a man who spends his life trying to unlock the door to something while others criticize him and sleep. Through a fractal on a breaking wall, he sees his friend and touches his face again.

See more

In a church, by the face he talks about the people goin' under

Only child know

A man decides after 70 years
That what he goes there for is to unlock the door
While those around him criticize and sleep
And through a fractal on a breaking wall
I see you my friend and touch your face again
Miracles will happen as we trip

But we're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy
No, we're never gonna survive unless we are a little (crazy) crazy

Crazy yellow people walking through my head
One of them's got a gun, to shoot the other one
And yet together they were friends at school
(Oh, get it, get it, get it, get it, no, no)
If all were there when we first took the pill
Then maybe, then maybe, then maybe, then maybe
Miracles will happen as we speak

No, we're never gonna survive unless we are a little crazy
No, no, never survive, unless we get a little bit...

Oh darlin', in a sky full of people, only some want to fly, isn't that crazy?
In a world full of people, only some want to fly, isn't that crazy, crazy?
In a heaven of people, there's only some want to fly, isn't that crazy?
Oh babe! (Oh darlin')
In a world full of people, there's only some want to fly, isn't that crazy?
(Isn't that crazy, isn't that crazy, isn't that crazy?)
Oh, but we're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy
No, we're never gonna to survive unless we are a little (crazy)
No, we're never gonna survive unless we are a little crazy
No, no, never survive
Unless we get a little bit...
And then you see things
The size of which you've never known before
They'll break it
Someday, only child know
Them things
The size of which you've never known before
Someday

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/10/2023 at 15:31, [[E...] said:

@[Gr...]

Sorry, it's laughter through tears. I loved the movie, but can't remember the original soundtrack. I'll check it out. The book is even better, very philosophical, about the conversion of a priest who was about to lose his Faith.

I guess you're one of those folks who hates horror movies? Well, I'm obsessed with them. Especially the Japanese ones about ghosts, like "Ringū". 

I mean what can be more scary than life itself? I love being scared while knowing that I'm secure. I remember reading the book "Ringū" by Kōji Suzuki and having these goosebumps all the time... I was the happiest person on Earth, totally detached from the horror story that's my own life.

I saw The Exorcist on opening night in NYC. The line was around the block. (The same with The Godfather.)

The Exorcist scared the crap out of me and still does to this day. Soneone bought me the DVD, I think it was a prank. I can't watch Night of the Living Dead either. 

I used to watch horror movies, but they started giving me nightmares so I don't watch them much anymore,  not alone, and not when I'll be alone that night 

Edited by [Gr...]
correction
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dr Who original soundtrack from 1963.  It has everything, the whooshing and other strange tinnitus sounds, the horrible repetitive droning guitar with sense of imminent danger, the visual disturbances and general surreal quality. Didn't see Dr Who until late 60's but my God I can't believe this was designed for children, horrible.

• 2 weeks later...

There is this line that cannot be crossed under any circumstances. But some do cross it and still manage to stay alive. Some don't. I feel like I may have crossed it. And it's not only the BZD or other psych meds. I cannot put a finger on what had contributed to it. My life disintegrates at an enormous speed and I'm just an observer, feeling totally helpless. I wonder how it was with Lane Staley when he stopped leaving that appartment in Seattle...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Off their new album, this song immediately reminded me of w/d. I know Billie Joe has done a couple rounds of rehab from different stuff including benzos. Adeline St. is apparently a bar strip in Oakland. (The entire new album is fire for anyone who likes Green Day.)

I'm 5 years off and I'm "still waking up with a hangover" as the song says. Cheers, all,

Pickl

• 2 months later...
[PE...]

La La Land- Green Velvet.

It's a song about pills and going to la la land :D

Screenshot_20240413_040055_Chrome.jpg

Edited by [PE...]

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody knows you and that was a good thing!

Nobody Knows When You're Down and Out
Song by Scrapper Blackwell

Once I lived the life of a millionaire
Spending my money and I did not care
Carryin' my friends out for the good time
Buyin' bootleg liquor, champagne and wine
Lord, but I got busted and I fell so low
Didn't have no money and nowhere to go
This is the truth, Lord, without a doubt
Nobody wants you when you're down
I mean, nobody wants you when you're down
Lord, the other day I asked the man for my rent