I have a toothache and may need root canal can I have nitrous?

[St...]

I haven't heard of anyone using nitrous oxide for dental procedures in awhile in my area, but NO only weakly interacts with GABA receptors and there are many anesthesias that you might use that would be significantly worse in terms of possibly aggravating any benzo related issues.

Checking around the BB archives it seems a few people have had NO without issue.

You can see the threads involving nitrous oxide on BB here: https://www.google.com/search?q=nitrous+oxide+site%253Awww.benzobuddies.org

BTW - if you do get the nitrous or any other anesthesia drop us a line and let us know how it goes for you. Maybe your experience will help someone else in the future.

Stardust62,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having tooth issues. They’re the worst-especially with all of the other stuff that plagues our days.  About 3 months ago, I had to use Nitrous for a root canal, and I didn’t notice that it triggered me into any extra symptoms.  However, I’m still tapering, and down to .229 mg of clonazepam daily, so not exactly comparable.  But, I thought you might like to hear that nothing earth shattering happened to me when I had to use it.

Be well, and I hope that your tooth pain resides soon!

Selkie