Symptoms After Eating Support Group

[...]

Hey Hazel

All of what you say is relatable. There are some carbs I can eat like rice, and gluten-free things. You are affected by all the carbs?

Can't eat any sugar either, Eggs and milk products seem to be a hit or miss for people. I just ate some eggs, but that is not common for me. Somedays can eat more easier than others.

The big thing I have to avoid is fat, gluten and sugar. My body does not digest those well. And doesn't seem to digest the fat at all.

(I wish I could just eat sugar and get fat that way. But sounds like a bad idea)

JBen

I'm about 8 months in as well from when this started. I would like a few of these food problems to go away. I would like to be able to sit down and eat things with fat at least. I have no idea why my chest tightens after eating and all that. Has it been any better for you?

Does anyone have the problem that they have to decide if something filling is worth the amount of calories in it? I'm counting calories all day.

Anyone having problems with weight?

And does the smell of food bother anyone?

Eating candy actually makes me feel better.  I think I need the glucose for energy in my brain or something.

Hi Becks, how long for the candy to kick in?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Just found this thread. I also get major symptoms after eating. Heart starts pounding, muscles start vibrating. Its horrible. It makes me not want to eat but then I get so hungry I have to just prepare myself for it. I hate this Sh*t. I just want my normal life back. I want to be able to eat with my family and play with my kids. I just cant believe how badly these pills messed me up. But at least I know that this is a common symptom and it will hopefully disappear some day in the future.

Does anyone find their sensitivity shifts? Like you know a food sets you off, but sometimes it doesn't? Or later at night you can tolerate more of that food? I mean sometimes it was so bad that bottled water would set me off.

I either get headpressure at the top like inside my head, my left arm either goes heavy, tight or loose like it's dropping or my vision goes crazy almost like a hyper focus or I feel the food moving through my head, not the food but like a weird sensation right after eating

I notjced these set me off

- Carbs (Doesn't matter which)

- Eggs

- All forms of sugar which actually is a blessing, I have a bad sugar addiction so this will help me off. The body doesn't need carbs or sugar, your liver and kidney make it own content for blood glucose through two main processes Glycogenolysis & Gluconeogenesis

- Cheese

- most Veggies

That's all I got so far.

Happy to be a part of this group thanks for starting this

I feel like my symptoms change daily and almost hourly. Sometimes I can eat almost anything and then sometimes a single bite of cake will set me off. I get literally an allergic reaction. Sneezing, ears pop, runny eyes. I tried taking an antihistamine like xyrtec and it made me feel buzzed and wired. I also got a headache from it. But it did seem to help a little. I wonder if there is an antihistamine that we could maybe tolerate?

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone, I'm having a hard time also with eating. For me, after 3 hours of eating I get a very bad sickly feeling. Any tips on how to manage (What is working for you)? Does anyone have distension and DPDR simultaneously? I eat 3 times a day to try to regain weight.