Taper complete "New Thread of my journey off completely"

[Je...]

I think Kate makes a good point. When it's out of mind, you'll know.  I'm not there yet but welcoming it soon, I hope!  There is not set timeline unfortunately but you are doing great!

:thumbsup:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Je...]

• [Ka...]

• [He...]

• [Pa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

well that makes a ton of sense. when i stop thinking about it is probably the end.

I have this think when i start feeling good i am fearful of thinking i am better cause i think to myself “is another wave gonna come”

i guess one day waves will be a think of the past

• 2 weeks later...

good evening everyone.

Today marks 5 months off klonopin  in 25 years. I feel so much better. yes i have days that are tough but i feel like i’m getting my life back. Hang in there and keep it one day at a time.

good evening everyone.

Today marks 5 months off klonopin  in 25 years. I feel so much better. yes i have days that are tough but i feel like i’m getting my life back. Hang in there and keep it one day at a time.

It has been 5 months already??  I'm so glad to hear that things are mostly good for you these days.  And yes, one day at a time is my motto as well. 

I have been where you are, about 6 months ago.  The taper took a year and a half.

I go thru periods of anxiety but mostly loss of energy and big time INSOMNIA.

I have tried melatonin and tcp gummies.  Nothing seems to work.

If I could get my energy back and sleep, I will feel off completely.

hey guys, when you get extremely tired/fatigue is the cns just healing. does anyone know what is actually happening?

I have always assumed the extreme fatigue was just my body being tired from working so hard to reach homeostasis. But I really don't know. I do know it's extremely common for being recovering from benzo withdrawal. 

thanks for the reply guys. i guess i have more time before the major fatigue goes away. it’s tough pushing when your exhausted feeling.

• 2 weeks later...
hello everyone, what can you take for a cold other then antibiotics that is safe with what we are recover into from? I am hacking up green stuff and have a slight cough. It has been 4 days like this so i don’t want it to get too bad. I just don’t know what is safe for me to take. I have amoxicillin currently, which i haven’t taken

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone , Just checking in. I now have over 6 months off klonpin. First time in 25 years. It’s been a crazy ride. I feel ok at times then i have major anxiety and i get really over reactive to life. It’s hard to control my emotions sometimes but I will say i am blessed to be off. Gonna keep pushing and i will check back in in a month with you all.

So good to hear from you, it sounds like you still have some challenges but you're focusing on the fact that you're free and soon that freedom will mean freedom from symptoms too.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for this post jeremyrocks. I’m 11 days off of K (to V) after a decade or more of use and going through all that brings. Thanks for posting and normalizing what we all seem to go through. This has been very comforting.  Looking forward to that 80 day “I feel peaceful” feeling.

Just gotta keep my head down and keep going I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

So good to hear from you, it sounds like you still have some challenges but you're focusing on the fact that you're free and soon that freedom will mean freedom from symptoms too.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Pam. I am pushing thru. I am getting allot of anxiety lately cause i can’t work out. I have a big surgery and have to let my body heal from that so i have a few more weeks of light exercise/ I believe stopping rhat has caused my anxiety to come back but i will fight it and keep going.

Tree lover keep going. it’s the only way out. 🙏

Hello all, Has anyone experienced headaches and shooting pain in their brain. Is this a symptom of this? I have these shooting pains in the back of my head and it comes and goes. an thoughts would be great.

Hi Jeremy,

Shooting pains in the head and all sorts of headaches are very common in withdrawal.  I had horrible head pain but it got better!  Sorry  you are dealing with this.  Any natural ways of dealing with it are best.  I took an occasional Tylenol or Aspirin during the worst of it and would get a little relief. 

Hope it lets up soon for you,

Helen

Hello all, Has anyone experienced headaches and shooting pain in their brain. Is this a symptom of this? I have these shooting pains in the back of my head and it comes and goes. an thoughts would be great.

For the first 8 months I had a feeling like there was an icepick in my brain right behind my left eye. It was all day every day. It was so bad it would make me nauseous and have me dry heaving. It finally went away thank god. So I would say its normal and it will go away

Emotions all over the place.  Not sure if coming off Benzos is solely what causes this.    I find that meditation and relaxation techniques help throughout the day.    If there are life events causing stress which causes emotions to be all over the place it is helpful in my experience to accept those situations as stressful and use your coping skills to be as unreactive emotionally as possible.    We now have to fully self regulate without using Benzos and this is a very hard skill to learn in my experience when we used Benzos and other drugs to do it.    Awareness of the triggers.    Self-regulation of emotions.    Ownership of our emotional reactions.    Understanding the triggers.    Understanding the stress reactions and the sensations “fight or flight” anxiety/panic response manifest in our bodies.  Appreciation of what we can learn from the benzo free journey.    Leading our lives with purpose and clarity.   

I hope this is helpful and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
I think i’m gonna go to a therapist and see if they can help me with some of the emotions pain i have. I am 222 days off and i might not be out of the woods but maybe they can help me process this deep emotional pain i have.

Thank you for posting your updates on this journey. Today you have given me the hope I really needed. Happy New Year to you. I pray for your continued improvement.

You got this. just do it one day at a time. i am told it takes 6 to 18 months to fully recover. don’t stop till you’re there.

hello everyone, has anyone gotten depressed and felt hopeless after they quit there meds. i am 7/8 months off and I feel like that. lord of emptiness and emotional pain. Is this normal?