• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Je...]

• [Ka...]

• [He...]

• [Pa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

just checking in. day 94 and feel all over the place.

i get these rushes of anxiety that come and go , cortisol i think ,

and regular anxiety. i hope this isn’t as good as it gets. i was feeling better ay better then i crashed now i feel kinda low. i heard 6 to 18 months to get over most of it so i pray that is what happens but it’s tough. I will be ok just been a rough week. but very grateful to be alive

I think ups and downs are pretty typical for the early stages of healing, especially after the euphoria of finishing your taper wanes.  And for me, beyond that came the acceptance of living life with all of it's challenges without benzos to rely on.

I'm glad you are checking in here.  Having a place to connect with others who have been there was so helpful to me.

Yea it comes and goes. I didn't realize it was with a wave. still trying to understand this.

I am 103 days out and processing feelings is so weird/hard/uncomfortable.

• 2 weeks later...
hey everyone, do you guys get a day or two of extremely anxiety? Where it’s hard to sit still and your mind is racing? the last two days were really intense then all of a sudden i calmed down.

hello everyone, is there a sense of being hungry even after you eat extra hungry. is this a symptom. i swear i’m hungry all the time. has anyone dealt with this and if so what did you do other to manage it?

Hi Jeremy,

I went through this at one point in the first year.  I was ravenous! And that was after years of barely any appetite on the meds.  I was like a bottomless pit.  That settled itself after a while though. 

Hope you are doing ok!

Helen

good morning helen. thanks for the response. Well i’m gonna work on self control and doing my best not to eat al the time. I’m ok not bad not great just kinda bumping along. everything is weird and i’m anxious but i’m sure that will calm down in time.

You have a good attitude, Jeremy. It's a tough journey for sure!  I went ahead and ate because I'd lost a ton of weight over the years from not being able to eat much while on them. You're probably smart not to over indulge though!  I remember another buddy, (FeelingFire) going through a ravenous phase too.  I understand about the weirdness!  Yes, it will get better.

Take good care,

Helen

jeremyrocks, I craved carbs something fierce during withdrawl.  I ate loads of Lifesaver gummies - to the point I finally had to swear myself off of them!!

Jeremy,

Salads and oatmeal sound good! When I was in the ravenous phase, I also stuck to healthy foods (for the most part...haha).  it's a good idea as you know to avoid sugar and processed food as much as possible. You are doing all the right things!

Helen

• 2 weeks later...
happy sunday everyone. here is a update. i am 138 days off and feel decent most the time. I do still get really tired and my have muscle / tendon tightness that hurts bad. Other then that i feel pretty good. I have developed many new coping strategies to help me work thru all my issues. I also have been using a little cbd and it has really helped when i get anxious to calm myself. I feel very good and pretty peaceful. I am learning to work thru all my emotions that are very intense. Hope everyone is going well today.

This is such good news jeremyrocks.  Learning new coping tools is so smart and it will help keep you from even considering going back to benzos.  You truly are rockin' your benzo recovery.    :thumbsup:

Jeremy!!

This is great news. I'm so happy to hear this from you.  You're doing really well.  Learning to work through our stress without benzos is a fabulous life tool. 

Keep it up!

Helen

yes i’m very grateful even on the days i get flare ups. my worst day off is better then my best day on klonopin.

when do you guys think i’m in the clear? is 6 to 18 months when you are in stage 4 of recovery and things go back to normal for the most part?

I considered myself completely healed when I stopped thinking about benzos and my recovery for the most part and also when the insomnia resolved.  That time came for me at about a year off off them.