Taper complete "New Thread of my journey off completely"

[Je...]

Thank you for putting this resource here MamaRaven.  I've heard of LifeRing now that I think of it.  Here is the link to LifeRing, a secular, non-profit recovery organization, for anyone who is interested:

https://lifering.org/

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Je...]

• [Ka...]

• [He...]

• [Pa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

that is amazing your on your last dose. good job. as i am about 51 days i i realize the real healing is when we get off all the way. people use to say this but now i am experiencing it. I will check out the group. I already attend aa and have for the last 15 years as it has made my life amazing but i was wondering if there were meetings specific to this recovery. I might check out the group you posted mama.

if you need anything please ask. i’m in here every couple of days.

jeremyrocks, I should clarify that LifeRing is for any addiction - alcohol, benzos, meth, etc. It does not have a program to follow per se is accepting of all who join. Perhaps I will see you there. ;) Today is my last dose of ativan and I still plan on attending meetings - been so supportive and I know I will have some withdrawal post dose.

I have completed my taper and now K free for 2 months. I do experience anxiety which is the reason I took it. Shakes, nausea, insomnia big time.

I have found that BENTYL eases the anxiety attacks as it relates to the serotonin receptors in the stomach. My doctor steered me towards this drug, it’s for IBS but prescriber off label for this.

I want this feeling to go away, the negative thoughts and the constant loop in my brain sending me into a scary place.

Any positive thoughts are appreciated

hello everyone

I am on day 59 and i have some good days and some where i am tired as hell. For some reason one thing i like to do is mindlessly scroll tho ads online to destract myself. weird =i know lol

It’s crazy how you go from feeling decent to exhausted and not able to move and then back to feeling ok.

all and all i am grateful to be off the meds.

what a blessing that is

hello everyone

I am on day 59 and i have some good days and some where i am tired as hell. For some reason one thing i like to do is mindlessly scroll tho ads online to destract myself. weird =i know lol

It’s crazy how you go from feeling decent to exhausted and not able to move and then back to feeling ok.

all and all i am grateful to be off the meds.

what a blessing that is

Yes, I was grateful to be off meds also.  I knew that at least I had that part of recovery behind me.  Distraction is an odd thing and very individual thing - I got into watching cooking shows on YouTube.  I had never been into watching this sort of content before but I figured out that these were appealing to me because there wasn't a plot to follow and no violence or loud noises and usually just one character to follow - the chef!!

i know. it’s so weird how i can just look at random things for sale and find pleasure in that. i think i have become weirder off the meds 😂

Hey guys, so the last few days i haven’t been able to sleep barely at all. what do you guys do for insomnia. i kinda feel like i’m losing it somewhat. Should i lay in bed all night or do you recommend getting up if i can’t sleep.

Hopefully this will get better

any helpful ideas would be awesome

[2b...]

Jeremy, I went through a long period where I did not sleep.  It's almost like I had to re-train my brain how to get to sleep and stay asleep.  Here's a few things that I did that may be helpful to you...

1) Even if I could not sleep, I rested in bed.  At some point I stopped stressing about going to sleep and just accepted that just resting was enough.  I wouldn't recommend getting up.

2) Use the Calm app.  It helps a lot to rest, get back to sleep, and take your mind to a better place day or night.

3) Have a diligent sleep routine.  I went to bed and got up the same time every day regardless of how much sleep I got. Some days were brutal but I was able to function.  It's surprising how you can function without sleep. Nap or rest if you can. Also, wind down routines to get your body ready to sleep are important (no electronics, etc.)

4) Work on coping skills.  I got really creative to help myself feel better when I was up in the middle of the night exhausted and frustrated.

It will get better.  I mostly sleep through the night now and usually get 8 hours.  I sleep less when I'm stressed or get stuck in my thoughts and I work on those things.  Post withdrawal I definitely have had a harder time letting thoughts go and they hold on. 

a thank you roger that for the reply.

I use the calm app and listen to white noise currently

also i take a little melatonin and valerian root. should i just stop that if i’m not gonna sleep anyway. or go off slowly not to shock my system

i’m gonna try to meditate at night.

i will be ok. just need to keep developing the skills of staying calm and out of my head. staying in acceptance of whatever happens i will be ok and not getting upset at the sit.

• 2 weeks later...
hey guys, just checking in. i am 70 days off. been ok just feel a bit off. nothing in life is that exciting. i am very non emotional. juts feel like i’m going thru the motions and hoping i feel better. I was on klonpin for 25 years so i guess what to expect is very unclear. it’s kinda scary since life doesn’t feel or seem the same anymore. i will say everything has lessened withdrawal wise but i juts feel all that great. i would imagine it will take time just feeling kind of hopeless. no one understands about this so i’m positing here again. 🙏

hey guys, just checking in. i am 70 days off. been ok just feel a bit off. nothing in life is that exciting. i am very non emotional. juts feel like i’m going thru the motions and hoping i feel better. I was on klonpin for 25 years so i guess what to expect is very unclear. it’s kinda scary since life doesn’t feel or seem the same anymore. i will say everything has lessened withdrawal wise but i juts feel all that great. i would imagine it will take time just feeling kind of hopeless. no one understands about this so i’m positing here again. 🙏

I get it jeremyrocks - I was on Klonopin for 21 years and getting off was life-changing for me too.  I can't even put into words how different I feel and how different life feels without benzos although for the most part, things are much better for me.  And I finally came to the conclusion that no one could possibly understand how benzo withdrawl unends one's life unless they had been through it themselves.  Glad you posted here.

Kate    :smitten:

hey kate. Thanks for the response. you are right no one will understand so just talk to people that are going thru it also. One day at a time

hey guys, has anyone had rage and inability to deal with intense emotions.

i got into a argument with my friend and i got really angry. Do these things work themselves out or do i need counseling

i got into a argument with my friend and i got really angry. Do these things work themselves out or do i need counseling

Jeremy I hope you get some replies to this. I don't want to derail your post, but was wondering if your sleep has gotten any better? Mine was okayish during taper, even on a crumb, but got bad again after, and I tapered all the way down-or tried. I've been off ativan for 9 days.

[2b...]

Therapy is always helpful for me. 

I haven't had anger or rage, but I've found that my overall fuse is just shorter on everything. I don't seem to have the patience or tolerance that I used to.  Like if someone raises their voice it overwhelms me immediately whereas I used to have a higher tolerance for sound. The sounds hurt me in a way I've never experienced before.

roger that, exactly the conversation got loud and intense and i couldn’t handle it and that turned into a argument. i guess my fuse is shorter also. i need to start mediation cause i don’t like that.

Jeremy I hope you get some replies to this. I don't want to derail your post, but was wondering if your sleep has gotten any better? Mine was okayish during taper, even on a crumb, but got bad again after, and I tapered all the way down-or tried. I've been off ativan for 9 days.

i sleep about 5 to 6 hrs a night. last night i was actually tired and i feel asleep like a baby. i still loon tired in my eyes but my sleep has improved

jeremyrocks, I am so glad to hear your sleep has improved.  It took a long time for my sleep to straighten out but I find that I do so much better if I've had decent sleep the night before.

Just wanted to add that I am definitely less tolerant than usual. Not really rage, but much more emotional in general and get angry easier.

Hey guys, i am 80 days off and I must say i am having many of my days feeling very peaceful and serene. I really hope this is part of my recovery for good. I have other symptoms but i haven’t felt this happy and joyful in many years. I still have many many moments but it’s nice to enjoy these good moments when they come.

Jeremy,

That's wonderful news! Enjoy every second. The peace that can come from knowing you are off the med and the body learning to calm itself is the most wonderful peace ever.  :thumbsup:

Helen

hello everyone, i’m on day 86 and i feel pretty damn good almost at my 90 days. i still have symptoms but i stay very busy to not think about it. how everyone is ok