Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

This place has gone very quiet l really hope everyone is ok.l know this can be soul destroying but like all withdrawal it will end one day not a quick as we would like but in it's own time.l know l have been frustrated by this process in fact l am bored with it however it will take as long as it takes and no amount of wishing it away works.

Meems eat as much as you can anxiety and stress burns a lot of calories so keep your weight up if you can.You have a lot of responsibility so for now try to keep yourself as healthy as possible.l wish you had more support however you appear to be on your own so please take time for yourself if you can.love to you.

Morning Suzy how are you honey feeling any better?l think you need to work on your mind as well as your body.l know you are doing amazingly well so try to be kind to yourself my love.love you.

Lady Mary l wish you were feeling better l miss you but l do believe a good long hold will help.l know Tim will be with you for a week or so let's hope he can help you with the pain.l am thinking of you hen and willing you on.love you my lady Mary.

Morning Trish you are amazing there is nothing worse than watching your child self destruct.l really hope this time he gets the strength to overcome his addiction.He has you in his corner and that is a great comfort.Stay strong my lovely.love you my lST.

Morning Intend, Feeling,Bill, Janice,Free,Olive Gilly,GP and everyone l really hope you drop in and let us know how you are doing.Stay strong my friends.love and hugs Stut X

Stutt I hope you're finally getting a break from taking care of everyone. Are you feeling any better now that things seem to be settling? I really hope so. I hope being by the seaside helped you heal. The sea always makes me feel better and you're a water sign too, but you're the dangerous type  :laugh:

Stutt I hope you're finally getting a break from taking care of everyone. Are you feeling any better now that things seem to be settling? I really hope so. I hope being by the seaside helped you heal. The sea always makes me feel better and you're a water sign too, but you're the dangerous type  :laugh:

[/quote

Lol l have a sting in my tail lol.l am ok Janice not great but holding my own.l get a lot of ups and downs every day which is exhausting and my mood can go up and down as well but nothing l can't handle.l am hoping by Xmas l will be ready to slide off.How are you doing my love?How is your little girl is she doing ok?

[/quote

Lol l have a sting in my tail lol.l am ok Janice not great but holding my own.l get a lot of ups and downs every day which is exhausting and my mood can go up and down as well but nothing l can't handle.l am hoping by Xmas l will be ready to slide off.How are you doing my love?How is your little girl is she doing ok?

My baby is super happy in her new school. My symptoms suck and I honestly doubt I'll ever get over this. I went into acute wd, should've updosed immediately but then I knew nothing so I stayed in the low dose flooding my brain with glutamate for another month. Now the improvement is so slow, as slow as the people who go CT, and they sometimes take years to stabilize. Add to that that I'm very kindled from previous CTs and tapers, plus twice on Lexapro, with a very difficult second taper. It's too much to stabilize perhaps. I look normal from the outside. In my brain however there's a permanent storm going on. I never relax. I have never relaxed since months ago o. Trying to accept that I will probably have to stay on 2.5, and completely depressed and anxious, and that this is my new life. I put on more makeup than ever though, trying to look my best while I'm feeling my worst. At least I'm fooling everyone. The asshole tenant now has decided not to pay some receipts. She's really crazy this one. I never had such a difficult tenant. I really think she's nuts. Sends me like fifteen audios??? I told her I'm not listening to her delusions, that she has a husband for that. Monday I'll go to the town where I have the rented flat, an hour drive, to talk to a renting agency and see if they can deal with her for me. Well sorry for the rant. Hope you continue improving, you will, just tell everyone it's your freaking turn to take care of yourself first.

Hi everyone,  need some support on this awful day. This morning was more or less OK, even went for a 10 minute walk. The pain set in all over my body after that. The  Paracetamols I took, do nothing for me. Ibuprofen is out of the question because of my history with stomach ulcers. After I had lunch I became extremely tired. Went to bed for one and a half hour. Didn't help one bit. Now I'm sitting here alone, trying to survive another shit of a day. Still no joy of the hold. Will have to wait for weeks or months I guess. Ahhh! 

Hi troschetter! I see on your signature that you tapered a huge amount in seven months. I'm glad you've decided to hold and as you say, usually it will take several months until your symptoms improve enough for you to feel good enough to taper again. I'm glad you could at least go for a walk and I'm so sorry about the pain. Let's all hope we keep improving.

Hi Val, thank you.  More people commented on my taper as being fast,  but it was according to the Ashton manuel. The start wasn't that hard to do. Below 5 it became harder to do, so I slowed it down a lot. But I will take your ( and others') advise and keep holding for as long as it takes. Hope we all come out well of this most horrible time of our live. Take care!  :thumbsup:

Hi Val, thank you.  More people commented on my taper as being fast,  but it was according to the Ashton manuel. The start wasn't that hard to do. Below 5 it became harder to do, so I slowed it down a lot. But I will take your ( and others') advise and keep holding for as long as it takes. Hope we all come out well of this most horrible time of our live. Take care!  :thumbsup:

Troschetter we'll be so happy to have you holding with us in the LHSG! We have very few men here. Be careful with the girls, don't let them harass you. We're all a bit crazy here.

Hi Stut,

Hope your having a good say. I didn't lnow you were almost done with your taper. Wow, you must be so relieved that you dont have to do this tapering anymore. No.more benzos!! I cannot wait till that day.  :smitten: I do need to work on my mind. I gave always had crippling anxiety, but this wd it can be terrifying. The what ifs..I am goimg to read about cbt. I am hoping once I get off tjis drug nothing will phase me and all of us. I always needed to toughen up but this is not how I wanted to do it 😂😂 Love you Suzy

I posted this on the Withdraw Support board.  I guess it belongs here so I can get better insight with my issue: 

My copy/paste:

I’ve been tapering for more than a year.  I’ve been off alprazolam for 45 days now.  I’ve moved forward with the clonazepam taper (a crossover gone wrong). 

I’ve decreased clonazepam from 1mg/day to .70mg/day (divided into 3 equal doses) beginning 9/24/19.  That’s a 30% decrease in 8 weeks.  I thought longer acting than alprazolam, I would decrease faster.  Nausea has been my nemesis since before any tapering began.  It hasn’t decreased at all.  It may have increased somewhat.

I don’t think I was bothered by manufacturer changes when I was tapering alprazolam. I’m not even sure there were any changes.  Ten days ago I started on another clonazepam 0.5mg manufacturer.  I’ve been taking Actavis for the majority of clonazepam taper.  It’s now Teva.  I’m not sure if that’s causing me to be more symptomatic or not but the last few days nausea wise have been exceptionally brutal.

I had every hope of getting off this faster than alprazolam. I was considering dropping from .70mg/day to .50mg/day to move along in the taper to reach a dose that may improve my symptoms.  I don’t believe that will help now.

I think it’s time to hold though holding through the alprazolam taper never helped nausea symptoms.  No antiemetic helps either.  I’ve tried them all.  I am awakened at 4:00 in the morning with severe nausea which is less than 6 hours from my last dose.

I’m just wondering how long a hold I should do?  I don’t think I’ve ever been stable.  I think the longest I’ve held in either taper is about a week. 

I would really appreciate your input on what you think would be best if you were in my shoes.

Thanks.

SG

💜

I posted this on the Withdraw Support board.  I guess it belongs here so I can get better insight with my issue: 

My copy/paste:

I’ve been tapering for more than a year.  I’ve been off alprazolam for 45 days now.  I’ve moved forward with the clonazepam taper (a crossover gone wrong). 

I’ve decreased clonazepam from 1mg/day to .70mg/day (divided into 3 equal doses) beginning 9/24/19.  That’s a 30% decrease in 8 weeks.  I thought longer acting than alprazolam, I would decrease faster.  Nausea has been my nemesis since before any tapering began.  It hasn’t decreased at all.  It may have increased somewhat.

I don’t think I was bothered by manufacturer changes when I was tapering alprazolam. I’m not even sure there were any changes.  Ten days ago I started on another clonazepam 0.5mg manufacturer.  I’ve been taking Actavis for the majority of clonazepam taper.  It’s now Teva.  I’m not sure if that’s causing me to be more symptomatic or not but the last few days nausea wise have been exceptionally brutal.

I had every hope of getting off this faster than alprazolam. I was considering dropping from .70mg/day to .50mg/day to move along in the taper to reach a dose that may improve my symptoms.  I don’t believe that will help now.

I think it’s time to hold though holding through the alprazolam taper never helped nausea symptoms.  No antiemetic helps either.  I’ve tried them all.  I am awakened at 4:00 in the morning with severe nausea which is less than 6 hours from my last dose.

I’m just wondering how long a hold I should do?  I don’t think I’ve ever been stable.  I think the longest I’ve held in either taper is about a week. 

I would really appreciate your input on what you think would be best if you were in my shoes.

Thanks.

SG

💜

Hi Septgirl,

How long one holds is individual but we hold until sxs subside and we get to a place where they are manageable. A good rule of thumb for a hold is generally no less than 3 months. Others have held longer including myself. I can tell you it always gets worse before it gets better. My last hold of 3 months was horrible for the first 2 months of it. It gradually gets better. Holding has only benefited me. The trouble people get into when they hold is either they don't hold long enough to see a difference or they get worse and think they're in tolerance wd. Holding takes patience but it truly works. So hold until your symtoms improve to the point where you feel you are well enough to taper again and usually it's months not days or weeks.

Hope that helps.

Trish

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

This place has gone very quiet l really hope everyone is ok.l know this can be soul destroying but like all withdrawal it will end one day not a quick as we would like but in it's own time.l know l have been frustrated by this process in fact l am bored with it however it will take as long as it takes and no amount of wishing it away works.

Meems eat as much as you can anxiety and stress burns a lot of calories so keep your weight up if you can.You have a lot of responsibility so for now try to keep yourself as healthy as possible.l wish you had more support however you appear to be on your own so please take time for yourself if you can.love to you.

Morning Suzy how are you honey feeling any better?l think you need to work on your mind as well as your body.l know you are doing amazingly well so try to be kind to yourself my love.love you.

Lady Mary l wish you were feeling better l miss you but l do believe a good long hold will help.l know Tim will be with you for a week or so let's hope he can help you with the pain.l am thinking of you hen and willing you on.love you my lady Mary.

Morning Trish you are amazing there is nothing worse than watching your child self destruct.l really hope this time he gets the strength to overcome his addiction.He has you in his corner and that is a great comfort.Stay strong my lovely.love you my lST.

Morning Intend, Feeling,Bill, Janice,Free,Olive Gilly,GP and everyone l really hope you drop in and let us know how you are doing.Stay strong my friends.love and hugs Stut X

Hey twin,

Thank you but amazing I am not. It is heartbreaking to watch him and know I can do nothing but encourage. It was so nice when the kids were little and I had total control but then they grew up..ah twinny what can I do 🤷‍♀️ gotta keep moving forward and living each day as it comes.

Did I read you're going to be sliding off after Christmas???? What?? Aren't you on .5 mgs?! That would kill me if I tried to do that. Actually, it almost did when I tried to meet old Drs ridiculous demand. Anyway, you be careful don't rush yourself off this at the expense of your health. I know you're a smart lady and you know what you're doing but for goodness sake watch your tiny Irish ass going down the benzo slide!  ;)

Love you woman,

LST♥️

Hey sweet Mary D,

I just want you to know that I'm going to be a mother again!  :D My third child, it's a girl, will be moving in with Rich and I in about 3 weeks! It's a cute tabby kitten and I think we're naming her Bella!  ;D  Rich and I are ready to bring another fur baby into the house 🤗

Hope you're improving girlfriend.. Miss you around these parts.

Love ya,

TT ❤️

Hi trishy.. 0.5 of Valium is not much. 0.5 klonopin is equivalent to 10 mgs Valium, imagine.

Hi VNM,

I'm on xanax almost at 1 mg which I think is equivalent to 10 mgs of Valium maybe more I'm not sure. I'm hoping before December is over I'll be at 1. I did make it there but had to updose bc of the pots like sxs. I probably have another couple of years before I'm off. 😔

My copy/paste:

Thanks.

SG

💜

Hi Septgirl,

How long one holds is individual but we hold until sxs subside and we get to a place where they are manageable. A good rule of thumb for a hold is generally no less than 3 months. Others have held longer including myself. I can tell you it always gets worse before it gets better. My last hold of 3 months was horrible for the first 2 months of it. It gradually gets better. Holding has only benefited me. The trouble people get into when they hold is either they don't hold long enough to see a difference or they get worse and think they're in tolerance wd. Holding takes patience but it truly works. So hold until your symtoms improve to the point where you feel you are well enough to taper again and usually it's months not days or weeks.

Hope that helps.

Trish

Thanks Trish.  Great information.

I know something needs to change.  I can’t keep feeling like this every day.

I’m hoping for a positive result.  Holding does seem to be my only option right now.

SG

💜

My copy/paste:

Thanks.

SG

💜

Hi Septgirl,

Hope that helps.

Trish

I’m hoping for a positive result.  Holding does seem to be my only option right now.

SG

💜

You're welcome glad to help. 🙂

Have you tried doing a search on nausea to see what others who have the same problem are doing to help combat that. I know some people try ginger tea, CBD oil etc.. but if you type in nausea in the search box in the upper right corner on withdrawal support you'll get a bunch of posts from people on the subject.

Trish ♥️

My copy/paste:

Thanks.

SG

Hi Septgirl,

Hope that helps.

Trish

SG

You're welcome glad to help.

Have you tried doing a search on nausea to see what others who have the same problem are doing to help combat that. I know some people try ginger tea, CBD oil etc.. but if you type in nausea in the search box in the upper right corner on withdrawal support you'll get a bunch of posts from people on the subject.

Trish ♥️

I have done that. Believe me...I’ve tried everything!  Nothing helps much or at all.  I just had an umbilical hernia repair a week ago. Maybe I’m more symptomatic from that?  I don’t know.

I try to eat three small meals and a couple of snacks during the day trying to maintain my weight. I’ve lost more than 50 pounds.  I’m too skinny.  I’d love to gain weight but right now all I can do is maintain it. 

It’s been very difficult feeling this sick for more than a year. Really hoping to feel better.

Thank you again!

SG

Hey sweet Mary D,

I just want you to know that I'm going to be a mother again!  :D My third child, it's a girl, will be moving in with Rich and I in about 3 weeks! It's a cute tabby kitten and I think we're naming her Bella!  ;D  Rich and I are ready to bring another fur baby into the house 🤗

Hope you're improving girlfriend.. Miss you around these parts.

Love ya,

TT ❤️

EEEEkk!! A new kitty???? You will have to post pictures. What a joyous occasion!

Trishy please don't worry about the high dose. I've seen signatures of people coming off the equipment of 200, yes, 200 Valium, and unfortunately I have seen signatures and youtube videos of people who have never been able to get below 2 mgs Valium. This is not uncommon, unfortunately. The founder of this group Oscar for instance, I read his plog, very depressing in fact. We was at 2.5 Valium like me, awfully depressed and symptomatic, held for a year, was still awfully depressed, and one day he disappeared. I think with this insidious drug, being on a low dose is no guarantee for success, and being on a high dose is no obstacle y to success. I think it depends on how damaged our brain is, and that depends on each individual. I'm so glad you have a new kitty. I agree with OK, pics please!

SG, welcome to the long hold support group. Trishy has given you great info. We have a member called NJstrength who also struggles with very bad nausea. She finds some relief in medical marihuana. Some people have said that MJ can be a hindrance to benzo recovery so I would give it careful thought. I read about the ginger tea a lot too, as trishy said.

Hi guys,

I was redirected here by Trochsetter.

What is a reasonable timeframe to hold Valium for?

I was thinking at least a month or two.

I'm down to 3.240mL of my DLMT and want to know a reasonable timeframe to hold Valium for.

I'm getting hit with some wild s/x. Rocky boat feeling, bad cog-fog, aching jaw and teeth clenching.

Trochsetter said a 3-12 month hold is reasonable.

Thoughts?

Dave.  8)

My copy/paste:

Thanks.

SG

Hi Septgirl,

Hope that helps.

Trish

SG

You're welcome glad to help.

Trish ♥️

I have done that. Believe me...I’ve tried everything!  Nothing helps much or at all.  I just had an umbilical hernia repair a week ago. Maybe I’m more symptomatic from that?  I don’t know.

I try to eat three small meals and a couple of snacks during the day trying to maintain my weight. I’ve lost more than 50 pounds.  I’m too skinny.  I’d love to gain weight but right now all I can do is maintain it. 

It’s been very difficult feeling this sick for more than a year. Really hoping to feel better.

Thank you again!

SG

SG: CBD oil helped me with nausea; medical marijuana helps more. I had persistent nausea; it is one reason I gave up my taper and updosed. I couldn't deal with it.

[2d...]