I can’t do this anymore

[Sh...]

I wasn't attributing the adrenal surges/cortisol rushes with Xanax WD but maybe that is what is causing it. Every morning at about the same time, whether I sleep or not, I get adrenaline rushes that come with extreme anxiety and worry. When I go to bed and (at least try to) sleep, I am feeling much happier and less anxious than when I wake up. Every morning sucks, every day. I hope it is related to WD because then it might go away.

Shayna, sorry you are also having to deal with the adrenaline surges in addition to the insomnia. I believe it will get better in time. I keep you in my prayers.

HM

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [An...]

• [Be...]

• [He...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi shayna, just checking on you. Have the COVID sxs gotten any better? Are you getting a little more sleep or is the insomnia still pretty bad?

Hey ab. Insomnia still bad. Had to take combo last night and get a couple of patchy hours. Exhausted x  still getting bad pain and had to take pain relief last night. That Feeling like I have a cold coming on. I need some sleep tho to fight it. X all these people who said they caught it and slept all day are so lucky. I wish it did that to me x

Hey ab. Insomnia still bad. Had to take combo last night and get a couple of patchy hours. Exhausted x  still getting bad pain and had to take pain relief last night. That Feeling like I have a cold coming on. I need some sleep tho to fight it. X all these people who said they caught it and slept all day are so lucky. I wish it did that to me x

So sorry, Shayna!  I wish viruses made me sleep, too!  So hard to heal when you can't sleep.  Sending hugs and love! 

Just saying hello! I am stuck in a rut where I don't sleep more than an hour to hour and a half at a time and wake up with HORRIBLE anxiety and depression. It takes me a few HOURS to shake it off.

Shayna, I am thinking about you! Keeping you in my prayers that you will turn a corner soon and start sleeping better.

Have a great day,

HM

Thanks girls. Slept ok last night except coughing and snoring woke me up, many times. Ugh x adrenaline surges have stopped again so I’m greatful for that x I hope u both get some better nights soon xx

@ sage hill, same here. I too wish the virus would at least make you sleep. Like shayna, it did the exact opposite and disrupted my sleep. This is like so cruel bc your sleep is already messed up from trying to detox these drugs. Ugh--

Thanks girls. Slept ok last night except coughing and snoring woke me up, many times. Ugh x adrenaline surges have stopped again so I’m greatful for that x I hope u both get some better nights soon xx

That's wonderful!  I had a great night on Sunday - 9 hours.  First time since the early days of Covid.  Last night was awful, predictably. 

Yippeeeeee! This is awesome you got some sleep last night.  Amazing,  you are doing really really well. So proud of you xxx

:hug: that's good to hear Shayna  :hug:

Thanks girls  :) sending u a hug. God it’s nice to feel human for a day. Then u go, oh that’s right, it’s just a window  :-[

But I’ll take it.

9 hours sage!!!! Omg I would kill for that! Things are slowly getting there for u tho. It’s a good sign x

Thanks girls  :) sending u a hug. God it’s nice to feel human for a day. Then u go, oh that’s right, it’s just a window  :-[

But I’ll take it.

9 hours sage!!!! Omg I would kill for that! Things are slowly getting there for u tho. It’s a good sign x

A window for a day is so good - xxx

So happy for you, Shayna that you got a good night's sleep! You so deserve it! It's proof that healing is happening.

I slept about 7 to 8 hours last night. First time in a while! Looks like we all got the sleep bug. I'd LOVE to sleep 9 0r 10 hours every night. Heaven!

HM

Ditto, good to know shayna you got in some good sleep.

HM, I am happy for you also. :)

My sleep last night was decent too.

Maybe, we are all on a roll. LOL

Oh how nice to be in a roll together! I’m not sure what happened last night but I got some. But also lots of bizarre dreams which felt like thoughts and being awake but my Fitbit showed no movement for 3 hrs so I must’ve at least been asleep then. Wow my head feels like it’s going to explode!

I'm so relieved that you're doing better, Shayna!  I was so worried about you.  I know you're not out of the woods, but at least you're better from Covid and back to work and at least sleeping some.  Such good news.  As for me, a really great night always seems to alternate with a really bad night, which for me is just misery.  I'd rather have a lot of so so nights in a row than all this crazy up and down. 

I’m just usually the same most nights, 0-3. But last night Fitbit says 4.25 but it sure doesn’t feel like it. Head pounding again this morning. Lots of dreams in and out feel exhausted. God it’s a punish isn’t it.

I’d love a big 8 hrs. Just one would be so lovely. Being awake for so long is hard. All u want to do is fall into nothingness and stay there for a while.

Yep, you are right shayna. Sleep is the only escape some of us have from this Madness.  During our waking hours, we endure the pain and struggle to get through the day, hoping tomorrow, when I awake, might be better. Being unable to sleep almost destroys this tiny glimmer of hope we have, esp. those of us who are hanging on by a thread.

I’m just usually the same most nights, 0-3. But last night Fitbit says 4.25 but it sure doesn’t feel like it. Head pounding again this morning. Lots of dreams in and out feel exhausted. God it’s a punish isn’t it.

I’d love a big 8 hrs. Just one would be so lovely. Being awake for so long is hard. All u want to do is fall into nothingness and stay there for a while.

I'm glad your fitbit says you got 4.25 hours...The odd, paradox when sleep returns (for most) is that you don't feel refreshed at first.  I remember one night in particular where I got maybe 7 hours in the middle of 3  - 4 zero nights per week average, and I felt worse than when I'd only get 2, 3 or 4 hours.  It took some time to even out and now 7 or 8 hours is wonderful.  You'll get there too.  Dreaming is a good sign.  REM rebound is very common, in fact, I would start to dream almost immediately and that lasted a few years after my sleep started to come back.  I read in a Psychology Today article that REM sleep is the most restorative psychologically, so it's highly possible your brain goes there right away?

How did I know I would start dreaming almost immediately?  Because many times I'd wake up after only being asleep for 5, 10 or 20 minutes and I would vividly remember my dreams.

Hoping your hours become consistent nightly and increase!

Ditto for me. I go from 2 to 5 to 8 then back to zero.  I hope you're doing good, Shayna.

HM

HM,

At 3 months off 2 to 5 to 8 to zero is FANTASTIC!  The zero nights are not, but getting that much sleep this early is!  At 3 months off, I entered the worst of my sleep issues and began averaging 5-10 hours per week for about 3  - 4 months.

You're doing great!

Thanks, theway2,

So glad all of us are getting SOME sleep. Last night was a dip down again. I got maybe 3.5 hours after getting 8 just the other night. But I do dream immediately when I fall asleep and I know it for the same reason that you did, theway; because I have woken up after just a tiny bit of sleep and I was dreaming. I wouldn't even know I slept last night at all if it wasn't for remembering my dreams. I wake up and wonder if I had slept at all. I remember a dream I had and then realize I must have slept some. You are also right about not feeling refreshed after getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep. I am always still tired in the morning regardless. My anxiety is slightly less this morning. I need my 8 hours to come back AND to feel refreshed AND to have no anxiety/cortisol rush when I get up.

Wishing you all a great day and full nights rest.

HM

You're on track to get that 7-8 hours per night back sometime in 2022.  If I were a betting person, and I'm not...LOL, I'd say by sometime in June or July you'll be getting 5-7 hours or more most nights!  :thumbsup: