• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Do...]

• [Th...]

• [Be...]

• [Tr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I went home because I was having family problems with my brother.  I took .5 and woke up at 1q.  I took another. 5 and can't pileup.  I slept better without Ben!is.  I couldn't sleep when I am not at my brothers

Dom. I'm sorry you are feeling so bad.

Sleeping pills are usually only recommended for a short period of time up to 4 weeks. Occasionally, paradoxical reactions (the opposite of what is to be expected) may occur. Symptoms include anxiety and insomnia.

And I have been in this situation, I couldn’t fall asleep and a terrible anxiety. And increase the dose didn’t help either. So sometimes sleeping pills work for a short period, and then side effects, tolerance and withdrawal.

You have written that you are not tapering (January 05). Maybe it's better to visit a doctor about your anxiety, and they can help you?

I woke up at 1 and took another .5.  I usually have no trouble going back k to sleep when I am not on the benzos.  I have been taking too many since I been home-2 a day.  It is to hard being away from my brother.  He was doling out one a day.

I took once this morning because I was stressed out.

Dom,

I don't think you're grasping the seriousness of what you are doing...repeatedly stopping then starting Benzos may make things worse? 

I'd try to get off via a slow taper.  There are other ways to deal with stress and anxiety than using Benzos or other Rx drugs

No one is going to have much, if any, advice for you as long as your still on Benzos and you want things to change while on them!

Good luck!

Dom, why aren't you doing anything differently to help yourself and your problem with your temazepam?  You have been doing the same thing for all the time you've been posting on the forum.  If nothing changes, then nothing changes, as they say.

Dom. After reading your posts, your life just seems to be about your pills. And as I have written before, maybe it's your pills that cause anxiety and insomnia? And they now no longer work, and only cause side effects? I have been in the same situation.

And as ThEwAys2 has written: ”No one is going to have much, if any, advice for you as long as you on still on Benzos."

Why not contact the addiction care?  :)

I am on two pills again.  I woke up at 230 and took a half at 4 I am exhausted.  I got in an argument with my brothers Girlfriend because she was mo king me and he told me to go home.  I can't go there any more.  I am afraid I will run out of pills as they were guarding them

I have insomnia.  Went back on two a day and only slept an hour.

I got in an argument with my brother so not welc ome there any more.  Can't sleep alone e and have anxiety

I managed to fall back asleep at 7 and sleep until 4.

I Miss brother as I was never alone there and now I am not welcome back.  I will have to cut down to one a day today or o will run out of pills.

Hi Dom81,

Your messages aren't getting deleted, I've been merging them into your thread on this board, it's a good idea to keep your posts in the same thread so you can see your responses and it can help you track your progress to aid in your recovery.

Would you be interested in starting a Progress Log, this is basically a diary for tracking your taper and recovery, other members can't reply so it's a great tool.  Here is the link in case you're interested. Progress Logs

Pamster

I have been taking one pill a day-half a pill in the morning and half to go to sleep, but I only slept 3 hours from 6 to 9pm.  I am short two pills until I am eligble for a refill so I have to go 4 days on half a pill and that's not enough to sleep through the night.

My brother says to take a quarter at a time so I don't take too many pills.

I took .5 to go to sleep and and slept from 6 to 9pm.  I took .25 to go to sleep and slept 1030 to 130.  Now, I am going to have to stay up all night.

Dom81,

I am sorry and know firsthand how frustrating the insomnia problem is.  I struggled with it for many years but it was really bad when I tapered off benzos.  Ultimately, getting off benzos was the answer for me since they weren't holding me asleep all night.  Getting up and redosing was what I used to do also and I had to keep increasing the amounts I took.  Terrible cycle.  Facing not sleeping all night was so scary but somehow I survived it and am on the other side.

Kate

Thanks for your tips.  I plan on tapering.  I slept better when I quit cold turkey for 5 days and didn't take them to sleep when I went on then again.  I need to get a water titration scale.

Kate is right Dom. You appear to be trapped in a vicious cycle. It can be quite difficult to break. Unless you can break it by slowly getting off this stuff, your situation is unlikely to ever change. Insomnia can drive you mad. Had I been able to at least sleep, I could have possibly held onto my job of over 25 years several years ago. The almost complete lack of sleep (1-1.5 hours per 24 hour period) was the nail in my work coffin so to speak. It ultimately led to my total collapse.

I took .5 at 6 and slept from 7 to 1, but kept waking up every hour.  I am exhausted and don't know whether to take another half a pill.

I took .25 and have been awake from 1 to 330-cant sleep.

I sleep better when I am off benzos.

I sleep better when I'm off benzos also Dom.

Insomnia and anxiety, and Benzo was the problem. But now I'm sleeping very well, and the anxiety is gone with the wind.  :)

I found this in an article; "A growing body of case reports suggests that the popular sleep aid can have a profound — and paradoxical — effect on patients. Rather than put them to sleep, both Ambien and its generic twin, Zolpidem, appear to awaken at least some of them."

[39...]

I took .25 and have been awake from 1 to 330-cant sleep.

I sleep better when I am off benzos.

Dom, have you thought about stacking some supplements and trying a couple of nights with them instead of the Benzo?

Have you tried any supplements at all? At this point, I think you'd be better off using like 4-6 supps at the same time if they help you sleep instead of the Benzo?

I tried melatonin and unisom.

The first night cold turkey I barely sleep then nights 3 to4 I sleep better.  I have to go cold turkey again as I only have 1.5 pills left until next Tuesday.  I took melatonin.  I forgot to buy unisom.

I will probably sleep on ly a few nights tonight.  I have a quarter pill a night until Monday, but I don't know if I can control myself.

Thanks for your tips.

• Popular Now