Insomnia

[Do...]

I took half a pill at 6pm and was up until 11pm.  Then, I slept from 11 to 2am.  I had no muscle relaxants so I had to updose .5 a pill at 2 as I was exhaustedand couldn't wait until 4 to take my morning half a pill.  I will have to go without my morning .5 apill as I have only roughly one pill a day to take.  My sleeping is bad on .5 a pill a night, but even when I took a whole pill a night I would only sleep a few hours sometimes.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Do...]

• [Th...]

• [Be...]

• [Tr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the way Benzos work, until they don't.

At first, you get the results you want with your current dose, but then the results drop at the same dose...it's called reaching tolerance or where

your current dose doesn't do what you want it to. 

In order to get the results you want you have to take a higher dose.  That's why it's a dead end road

I'd focus on trying to get off of the drugs, instead of worrying about what combination of Benzos or Rx drugs helps you sleep as eventually no matter how much you take it won't work.

Look to get sleep back on your own, over time.  It won't be easy, but it's so worth the battle, especially on the day you cross the finish line and get your life and sleep back!

Good luck.

So are u gunna do it Dom? Or are u gunna just stay on the merry go round?

Time to man up. Ur not going to sleep for a while. U will have insomnia!

Once u have read this, read it again.

If u keep taking the shit, nothing is going to change. Do something about it it. Listen to what u are being told.

[04...]

So are u gunna do it Dom? Or are u gunna just stay on the merry go round?

Time to man up. Ur not going to sleep for a while. U will have insomnia!

Once u have read this, read it again.

If u keep taking the shit, nothing is going to change. Do something about it it. Listen to what u are being told.

Sadly, he'll have to man up no matter what at some point.

• 1 month later...

I tired to reduce to a quarter pill.  It worked at first.  Last night I took .5, but tonight I can't sleep and took a whole pill.

When I went home, I took a whole pill to go to sleep and only slept 6 hours.

Dom,

Many on the insomnia board would love to get 6 hours.  You need to figure out a safe, slow taper plan and stop acting like if you get some poor or even zero nights your life is over; far from it.  After you are off of the Benzos, your sleep will even out over time.  Is it easy?  No.  But you can do it.  I did it and so did many others.

Good luck,

[04...]
He can't get away from the 6 months to a year of hell that are coming, no matter what. Sadly there is no magic pill. All he can hope is to be one of the luckier ones who heal quicker.

Yes, Andros is right, you'll have to pay the Benzo insomnia reaper in full and unfortunately he demands payment without any mercy.  But you can get past this.  It will be tough and many times you'll believe you'll never heal or get sleep back, but you will.  Lack of sleep won't kill you until it evens out.

Note:I will not read any mean or abusive messages.  If you haven't got anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

I know I can quit temoazapam as I quit it cold turkey in 1990 and slept fine with no withdrawal symptoms.

Note:I will not read any mean or abusive messages.  If you haven't got anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

I know I can quit temoazapam as I quit it cold turkey in 1990 and slept fine with no withdrawal symptoms.

There is a huge difference between being mean or abusive and telling the truth.  No one is being mean or abusive to you.  What part of what post is mean and abusive?  We shared our experiences and gave you reassurance that you can get past this.

This is my first night with no sleeping pill..

I tried some unisom, but it is not working.

When I take a sleeping pill I used to go to sleep by 7, but it is 930 and I am exhausted.  I read somewhere to take d, but it is not helping.  I read a d deficiency  can cause insomnia.

Dom,

Unfortunately not much works after stopping Benzos or Z-drugs.  For most people, even much higher doses of Benzos and Z drugs don't work after a certain point!

That was my experience too.  I pretty much took everything Rx and OTC for sleep, but nothing worked for more than 1 night or 2 and that was the Rx stuff.  The OTC stuff never worked for me

Some BBs told me the best thing to do was to get off of everything (Rx and OTC) and "tough" it out until my sleep returned.

I'll admit, it was the hardest thing I've done in my life (and that includes going through Army basic training) but I got through it.

You have to do what is right for you, but I know that Rx drugs are a dead end road as they all stop working...eventually

Your brain knows how to sleep on it's own, you just have to give it a chance to heal. 

Unfortunately getting sleep back typically takes much longer than we'd like it to, but it does return, although it is very UP and down for some time until it evens out for good!

Good luck!

4th night with no pill to sleep.  I only slept from 9 to 10.  It is 230 and I can't sleep and having anxiety.  I am hoping to sleep 3 to 4 hours.  I am worried about my brother.

I manged to fall asleep for an hour.  I was hoping I'd sleep for 3 to 4 hours.  It's hard to manage on 2 hours sleep a night broken up.  I just want to sleep 12 hours like i did on the pills.  I am having anxiety too that i might collapse because one time I started to black out in the store and throw up.  Another time I fainted when I ran out of pills and slept only 1 hr.  I feel sick from detoxing and anxiety.when will I sleep 8 hours uninterrupted sleep?I just want 9 to 20 hours sleep.

Dom,

Please try to get off of Benzos safely...that means via a taper

All Rx drugs eventually stop working, so maybe look to let sleep return on its own, instead of inducing it with an Rx drug, which isn't really very restorative sleep anyway..

If you absolutely need to take an Rx drug for sleep, I'd stay away from Benzos and Z-drugs and look at Seroquel or Mirtazapine.  Both could have they own side effects and possible WD, but in low doses they seem to work for many?  You do what is best for you and for others reading this post, I am not advocating Rx drugs...I am suggesting that if Dom feels that is best for him, then the options I listed are better than Benzos and Z-drugs IMO!

Good luck.

I went  old turkey for four days then tried to taper.

I took .5 around 12pm and .5 around 6.

I can't sleep because I got in an argument with my brother and his girlfriend.  He told me to go home so I am going home tomorrow, but I don't want to be up all night

Because I have to travel 2 hours tomorrow with heavy bags. It is 130 and I can't take another because he is guarding the pills

I went cold turkey for almost 5 days, but my anxiety was extreme so I took 1 pill for anxiety for a few days and nothing to sleep.  I can't sleep tonight and have taken 1 for anxiety this morning.  I think I will take .5 to go to sleep as I can't sleep without my brother's support.

I was planning on tapering down to .5 a day and then .25, but I was at my brother's and he always helps me quit and taper, but I was had to go home because of family problems. I can't taper when I am home alone without my brother's support as I have no support or any friends to talk to-it is complete isolatio.

I took a whole pill to go to sleep an it's not working it is 1255 am.  I can't handle not being at my brother's as I sleep rhere, but not at home.

First of all - congrats! 1 day is already a huge step. Second - did you try to replace sleeping pill with gummies for example? I didn't have such a strong condition but those help me a little