Insomnia

[Me...]

Hey all

I had a terrible bout of insomnia last night. Just when I think I’m healed I don’t sleep all night long!

Can someone please comfort me and remind me this won’t hurt me if I go without sleep for a full night? I have a daycare to run tomorrow ;(

This usually doesn’t happen but I had a panic attack last night around bedtime and I was wired from it

Hey all

I had a terrible bout of insomnia last night. Just when I think I’m healed I don’t sleep all night long!

Can someone please comfort me and remind me this won’t hurt me if I go without sleep for a full night? I have a daycare to run tomorrow ;(

This usually doesn’t happen but I had a panic attack last night around bedtime and I was wired from it

It's just a bout...It happens to many normal people...

May be you have had some stressors...

Relax and rest as much as you can....

It should get better sooner...

You can’t blame everything on withdrawals. People without coming off benzos get insomnia all the time. Did you drink coffee, did you eat a food that didn’t agree with you, are you overwhelmed starting daycare. Lots of factors other than withdrawals.

[27...]

I'm comparing my Fitbit logs from up to 2 years ago, before the Z-Drug sleighride to hell.

Based on the #'s I'm seeing, I'm about 95% healed now. Just a bit of stress, particularly an hour or two before bedtime = BAM!! No sleep.

But the next night I recover it, so it's not as terrifying anymore.

I'm comparing my Fitbit logs from up to 2 years ago, before the Z-Drug sleighride to hell.

Based on the #'s I'm seeing, I'm about 95% healed now. Just a bit of stress, particularly an hour or two before bedtime = BAM!! No sleep.

But the next night I recover it, so it's not as terrifying anymore.

Wow. Exactly same for me! It was a 1 night thing after feeling panicky. Didn’t sleep a wink. And then slept super hard the next 2 nights after.

You can’t blame everything on withdrawals. People without coming off benzos get insomnia all the time. Did you drink coffee, did you eat a food that didn’t agree with you, are you overwhelmed starting daycare. Lots of factors other than withdrawals.

I think it was withdrawal. Yes I had a panic attack around 9-10pm but I dont think that would keep most people up until 7am. I calmed down from it pretty quickly. I remained upset because I couldn’t sleep and felt wired. But the panic attack was long gone. That doesn’t sound normal to me. I think wd caused me to be wired afterward. But then my sleep returned to normal the next day. So strange. Anyway, I slept 8 hours super hard the last 2 nights. I guess little blips can still happen when you feel healed

I am 5.5 months into my taper and down to .8mg from 4mg's of Xanax and my sleep (and other WD symptoms are just starting to come back. The sleep is so unpredictable and inconsistent though. I had a 4 hour night, then a zero, then a 2 hour night, then a 4 again and then another 2 and then an 8 hour night.

I am happy with anything over 4. At least I can function on that.

I hope your zero night was a once-off and you get good sleep from here out. Prior to Xanax WD, I only had insomnia once in my life. I have always been a good sleeper. I can't wait for my organic sleep to come back. 8 to 9 hours a night. If it ever does.

HM

[27...]
I think it was withdrawal. Yes I had a panic attack around 9-10pm but I dont think that would keep most people up until 7am. I calmed down from it pretty quickly.

Believe it or not it does. I know because I measure my heart rate when I go to bed and my entire night heart rate stays up when I am stressed out.

This is why I'm slowly getting back to normal, slowly stopping of being more fearful of not sleeping.

I'm also slowly finding out how many things have hidden caffeine. I had a Buddha Coconut keto bar last night around 7pm. Went to bed at 11pm and was wide awake until 5am when I finally got some light sleep until 9am. Two months ago I would have been terrified I was going back into a wave, but what I do is the next day, I eat only things I know are caffeine free, and drink only water, and bam! I get a full 7hr.

But even if I had zero caffeine, if I was stressed out by anything, it will take a while to calm down. I've had nights when I go to bed at 11pm and still take until 6am to finally fall asleep, even if all I ate was meat and veggies and drank only water.

But when I go to bed with no stress, sometimes I've fallen asleep as quickly as 15min.

sometimes I've fallen asleep as quickly as 15min.

Before my Xanax debacle, in my previous life, I would fall asleep almost as soon as My head hit the pillow. Often, in less than 5 minutes. Now, it takes me a couple hours to fall asleep unless I get lucky like last night when I fell asleep in about 30 to 45 mins.

Precious sleep! Come back to me!

HM