Healing Through Music

[sa...]

Apart from just listening I sometimes also sing and record (if some musical piece suits my style and colour of voice). The more emotions I put the more it seems to help.

https://ideas.time.com/2013/08/16/singing-changes-your-brain/

"What researchers are beginning to discover is that singing is like an infusion of the perfect tranquilizer, the kind that both soothes your nerves and elevates your spirits. The elation may come from endorphins, a hormone released by singing, which is associated with feelings of pleasure.  Or it might be from oxytocin, another hormone released during singing, which has been found to alleviate anxiety and stress. Oxytocin also enhances feelings of trust and bonding, which may explain why still more studies have found that singing lessens feelings of depression and loneliness. (...)"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sa...]

• [Wi...]

• [be...]

• [Jo...]

Apart from just listening I sometimes also sing and record (if some musical piece suits my style and colour of voice). The more emotions I put the more it seems to help.

https://ideas.time.com/2013/08/16/singing-changes-your-brain/

"What researchers are beginning to discover is that singing is like an infusion of the perfect tranquilizer, the kind that both soothes your nerves and elevates your spirits. The elation may come from endorphins, a hormone released by singing, which is associated with feelings of pleasure.  Or it might be from oxytocin, another hormone released during singing, which has been found to alleviate anxiety and stress. Oxytocin also enhances feelings of trust and bonding, which may explain why still more studies have found that singing lessens feelings of depression and loneliness. (...)"

Thank you so much for sharing this!  I had also heard that singing is one of the things that stimulates the vagus nerve.  One day when I was a having a ton of anxiety, I decided to sing and just keep singing until I felt better.  It really did seem to help.  That is wonderful that you sing!  I also love to sing, but have not recorded anything.  I would like to someday.