• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sa...]

• [Wi...]

• [be...]

• [Jo...]

Also, here is a great instrumental playlist that I've made for when I'm feeling down. You do have to have Spotify to access it. The playlist is called Left Speechless.

I wrote two albums, one about acute benzo withdrawal (Get Well) and one about protracted withdrawal (Relearn). Here are the links if anybody is interested in this thread.

Get Well

Spotify

Youtube

Bandcamp

https://comebackk.bandcamp.com/album/get-well

Relearn

Spotify

Youtube

Bandcamp

https://comebackk.bandcamp.com/album/relearn

This is awesome!  Thank you so much for sharing.  Entire albums about what we're going through...that is amazing.  I hope lots of BBs see this.

Also, here is a great instrumental playlist that I've made for when I'm feeling down. You do have to have Spotify to access it. The playlist is called Left Speechless.

Loving this playlist.  We have a lot of the same taste in music.

Loving this playlist.  We have a lot of the same taste in music.

Glad you like that playlist. It helps me feel a little better when I'm having a bad day and I'm at work.

You Are Not Alone - Patty Griffin 

Moon - Dan San (Instrumental)

Just Breathe - Pearl Jam (live) 

Safe and Sound - Taylor Swift (feat. The Civil Wars) 

Close Your Eyes - James Taylor and Carly Simon (live) 

This is one you're gonna want to listen to.  It brings tears to my eyes.  So hopeful!

Light of a Clear Blue Morning - The Wailin' Jennies 

This is one you're gonna want to listen to.  It brings tears to my eyes.  So hopeful!

This has been one of my go to’s during this year!! Love it 💜

They're a huge favorite of mine.  We got to see them live a few years ago and meet them.  Such sweet and extremely talented ladies!

The Water - Johnny Flynn and Laura Marling 

All that I have is a river

The river is always my home

Lord, take me away

For I just cannot stay

Or I'll sink in my skin and my bones

The water sustains me without even trying

The water can't drown me, I'm done

With my dying

Please help me build a small boat

One that'll ride on the flow

Where the river runs deep

And the larger fish creep

I'm glad of what keeps me afloat

With my dying

Now deeper the water I sail

And faster the current I'm in

That each night brings the stars

And the song in my heart

Is a tune for the journeyman's tale

With my dying

Now the land that I knew is a dream

And the line on the distance grows faint

So wide is my river

The horizon a sliver

The artist has run out of paint

Where the blue of the sea meets the sky

And the big yellow sun leads me home

I'm everywhere now

The way is a vow

To the wind of each breath by and by

With my dying

I LOVE THIS ONE TOO! It’s been on my playlist for few years. And Simon and Garfunkel as well! 🤍

The Water - Johnny Flynn and Laura Marling 

All that I have is a river

The river is always my home

Lord, take me away

For I just cannot stay

Or I'll sink in my skin and my bones

With my dying

Please help me build a small boat

One that'll ride on the flow

Where the river runs deep

And the larger fish creep

I'm glad of what keeps me afloat

With my dying

Now deeper the water I sail

And faster the current I'm in

That each night brings the stars

And the song in my heart

Is a tune for the journeyman's tale

With my dying

Now the land that I knew is a dream

And the line on the distance grows faint

So wide is my river

The horizon a sliver

The artist has run out of paint

Where the blue of the sea meets the sky

And the big yellow sun leads me home

I'm everywhere now

The way is a vow

To the wind of each breath by and by

With my dying

I LOVE THIS ONE TOO! It’s been on my playlist for few years. And Simon and Garfunkel as well! 🤍

This one makes me cry.  I've so many times thought I was going to die from benzo withdrawal or some other awful thing.  I'm done with my dying!

They're a huge favorite of mine.  We got to see them live a few years ago and meet them.  Such sweet and extremely talented ladies!

Wow, must’ve been really special  :smitten:

So many songs I would love to share with you, but it would take pages so here’s just a few that have been with me during this  :smitten:

ABBA - I’m still alive (one of the most beautiful songs about surviving, the lyrics are just  :'( )

Miranda Lee Richards - Lifeboat

“ Oh my love

Woncha' stop your cryin'

The sunlight's bringin' rainbows to your tears

Cotton swayin' fields are the pillars of your sadness

The daylight dries the rusted leaves

You wake up it's a dream...

And it's a bright, sunny morning

Each day a new beginning”

Beautiful Chorus - Darling (I have made it through countless hopeless days crying and rocking on my bed by listening to this song and singing along<3 I really recommend listening to Beautuful Chorus’s songs, they are very soothing and uplifting like mantras)

Fleetwood Mac - Never going back again (as in never going on benzos again!!  :laugh:)

Bob Marley - Three little birds (uplifting jam!)

Maneesh de Moor - Flower of Light (so calming and soothing)

I think humming/singing along has in a way saved me. During my worst I couldn’t listen to music but then slowly I got into more mellow music with eastern and Hindu influence, learned many mantra songs and made it my practice to sing them when ever I had difficulty dealing with symptoms. Here are few of my favorites that are such a beautiful practices and I always encourage to google the meaning of the mantras, they are empovering:

Ajeet - Ra Ma Da Sa healing

(This mantra taps into the energies of the sun, moon, earth, and the Infinite Spirit to bring deep healing. It can be chanted to heal the self or to send healing energy to anyone you wish.)

Mirabai Ceiba - Ajai Alai

(Ajai Alai is a powerful mantra that can build your radiant body, bring you out of depression and anger, and dissolve challenges in front of you.)

White sun - Say saraswati

(This mantra praises three different aspects of the Goddess – love, wealth, and power. This is actually a poem written in Sanskrit and in English to bring happiness, victory, prosperity, and fulfillment.)

and many more beautiful songs for chanting like Krishna Das, Snatam Kaur. And then all the shamanistic and rooted ones as well, but that would be a whole another page on it’s own.

Blessings to you all.

So many songs I would love to share with you, but it would take pages so here’s just a few that have been with me during this  :smitten:

ABBA - I’m still alive (one of the most beautiful songs about surviving, the lyrics are just  :'( )

“ Oh my love

Woncha' stop your cryin'

Beautiful Chorus - Darling (I have made it through countless hopeless days crying and rocking on my bed by listening to this song and singing along<3 I really recommend listening to Beautuful Chorus’s songs, they are very soothing and uplifting like mantras)

Fleetwood Mac - Never going back again (as in never going on benzos again!!  :laugh:)

I think humming/singing along has in a way saved me. During my worst I couldn’t listen to music but then slowly I got into more mellow music with eastern and Hindu influence, learned many mantra songs and made it my practice to sing them when ever I had difficulty dealing with symptoms. Here are few of my favorites that are such a beautiful practices and I always encourage to google the meaning of the mantras, they are empovering:

(This mantra taps into the energies of the sun, moon, earth, and the Infinite Spirit to bring deep healing. It can be chanted to heal the self or to send healing energy to anyone you wish.)

(Ajai Alai is a powerful mantra that can build your radiant body, bring you out of depression and anger, and dissolve challenges in front of you.)

(This mantra praises three different aspects of the Goddess – love, wealth, and power. This is actually a poem written in Sanskrit and in English to bring happiness, victory, prosperity, and fulfillment.)

and many more beautiful songs for chanting like Krishna Das, Snatam Kaur. And then all the shamanistic and rooted ones as well, but that would be a whole another page on it’s own.

Blessings to you all.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share!  I will check them out.

“ Oh my love

Woncha' stop your cryin'

Blessings to you all.

That song, Darling made me tear up.  That one is definitely gonna be a go to for me!

“ Oh my love

Woncha' stop your cryin'

Blessings to you all.

That song, Darling made me tear up.  That one is definitely gonna be a go to for me!

:smitten: :smitten:

And please don’t feel pressure, I got a bit carried away with the list and it’s a lot! Just shared them if someone happens to stumble on something that might help them.

Much love.

“ Oh my love

Woncha' stop your cryin'

Blessings to you all.

:smitten: :smitten:

And please don’t feel pressure, I got a bit carried away with the list and it’s a lot! Just shared them if someone happens to stumble on something that might help them.

Much love.

No, I love that you shared!  Those are really good song  :)

Rich Mullins is great.  He died at a young age in a car crash.  He's in heaven now and when I die hopefully  I'll be able to see him there and hopefully he'll sing songs to me.