Vitamin B12 makes me feel super anxious..anyone relate?

[wi...]

Specifically vitamin B12 almost makes me feel like I've taken a street drug. Any vitamin B I suppose, but B12 especially. I am NOT going to take it. I'm staying away from any multi-vitamin, too.  I thought it would be good for me, maybe give me a little more energy since most days (at least where I'mat right now in the process), this w/d makes me a zombie and sometimes bedridden.  I'm reluctant to take any supplements.

I take Nature's Bounty B12 gummies, but slice them up in quarters.  I can't take a huge dose of B12 either.  It gives me bad anxiety and insomnia.  I did test low for B12 and do take a bit each day I get up.  Doc wanted me to take 1000 ugms. but that's too much.

Same here, I get allmost nuts from it.

Same counts for b6.

And smoking too.

When combined and go outside I got overwhelmd by extreme stress.

I now only smoke in the evening with a full belly and take a low vit. b-complex.

Some say you have get through this with symptoms ease after a while and even benefit from it.

I try sometimes a drop hydroxy b12, ~ 100mcg in water and drink

half of it, so 50mcg b12

For b6 p5p I try to stabelize on 4 or 8mg, but its though. It allways rev me up.

Yeah, B12 is notorious for causing anxiety.  Unfortunately it's a nasty catch 22 because we need even more B12 in withdrawal because of the stress.  I can't touch it with a 10 foot poll right now. 

• 2 weeks later...

What type of B12 did you try?

I am trying to get it from foods only right now (meats and eggs)

I was thinking of trying brewers yeast for the other B vitamins. I thought maybe because its a natural food, maybe it would be better absorbed?

What type of B12 did you try?

I am trying to get it from foods only right now (meats and eggs)

I was thinking of trying brewers yeast for the other B vitamins. I thought maybe because its a natural food, maybe it would be better absorbed?

It's a good source, but if you have any trouble with histamine, it could cause a reaction.  Freeze dried liver might be another good option, although it does have a lot of B12.  It worked for me about 6 or 7 months after my CT.  Not sure if I would have been able to handle it before then.