Pre existing OCD group

[fu...]

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
i was recently diagnosed by a physiatrist with OCD, i dont know if i believe her. I still have meds she prescribed me and never took them...im really scared about drugs cause they affect me so much...and really? ive never thought of myself as OCD. I do have panic and anxiety, i think its cause if i dont fall asleep i ruminate about it over and over until i go into full blown panic attacks and stay up for days.

I developed OCD type symptoms after being forced to CT zopiclone. Was mild to start with. Stupidly tried SSRI’s which made it ten times worse. Then had bad reaction to flu jab which created even more crazy thoughts. Never had any any existing OCD or anxiety. Have read intrusive thoughts very common symptom. None recommended stuff for OCD worked, some have eased just have hope in time they will go. They are too quick to “ label” you something rather than admit it’s withdrawal symptom.

Well thats the thing, i was in middle of having xanax interdose withdrawls badly and was drinking to stop them. I go to a Dr. who diagnosis me with OCD after 5 min of her time, well.....how do you know its not just symptoms. That cost $450 visit, stupid.

In the past, paroxetine and also clomipramine (not together, of course) helped me a lot with the ruminating thoughts or obsessions that were taking so much energy and time of my day.

But I experienced OCD since a kid and I am almost surely autistic so in my case it's from before all the benzos. But benzo withdrawal made OCD harder and I can't updose the SSRI because I had a tinnitus spike the 3 times I tried.

I wish I could max out the dose of a good antidepressant for OCD without worsening tinnitus. Maybe I will try changing mine, I don't know.

Anyway, none of this is profissional medical advice, I am only sharing some experiences of mine. Maybe it's worth reading more about the different types of OCD (there are very good books on the subject, some CBT based) and also trying to find a good professional to help you. I am sorry that you have such a expensive and bad experience with a doctor, I know how it is and how common is that.

Well thats the thing, i was in middle of having xanax interdose withdrawls badly and was drinking to stop them. I go to a Dr. who diagnosis me with OCD after 5 min of her time, well.....how do you know its not just symptoms. That cost $450 visit, stupid.

I think it was Baylissa who said if you didn’t have OCD before withdrawal , which I didn’t, it will eventually go. Mine is definitely caused by withdrawal and got lot worse after the flu jab. I’ve done all the stuff meant to do with OCD nithing helped. I also saw a psych charged £300 prescribed really high dose duloxetine sent me crazy had stop it after 4 days . Think all they want to do is dope you up. Just started zoom therapy in hope might help.

[05...]
I have ocd around my sleep (super great during benzo wd) and pure O. I have been on Sertraline for 2 months now (200 mg) and I have tinnitus… not sure if it’s because of the dosage or the benzo wd.

Excess glutamate is considered one of the potential factors contributing to OCD. That would explain why benzo withdrawal could cause this symptom.

That does explain it. I know people who had it before worse in withdrawal. Just wish there was a pill I could take, but SSRI’s just made it worse, then flu jab created lot more crazy thoughts. Therapist getting me to try mindfulness, dud you find anything apart from meds helped?

What do you guys consider as OCD? I was wondering cause that Dr. said i had it but i dont agree....but you know how it is we cant see our own problems. Can you give me some examples of whats OCD?

I have fear of hurting people, so hard going out as keep glancing back. Did the exposure therapy but makes no difference. The flu jab gave me sort of contamination fear, but only in my house, so keep washing my stuff. I think mine is severe anxiety rather than. OCD, had lot emotional stuff over the years. If was true OCD I would have improved with the exposure therapy, and recommended meds. If you Google it seems to be myriad of different things. But if it’s caused by withdrawal , as mine is, usual treatment doesn’t seem to help.

Thank you for sharing about OCD. I am 67 and my OCD has restarted with benzo withdrawal. It has been horrible, but I am treading water. Doc put me on prozac and after 2 weeks seems to be working. Got to hang in there. The benzos made me a uncaring, selfish adult for over 12 years. Not going there

anymore.

I think she diagnosed me with OCD because of rumination of thoughts. If i dont fall asleep within the first hour of laying down i go down a rabbit hole of bad thoughts thinking i wont sleep all night then i get anxiety from it laying there in dark all night then by morning of course i havent slept then i start freaking out with all the anxiety. But you know what, i went through this 10 years ago coming off of benzos with terrible insomnia which led me to being up for 3-4 days at a time over and over the course of a year....who the F wouldnt freak out at this point? I basically got PTSD cause of withdrawing from this Shit last time. I just dont think these docs know what its like to come off this stuff. She can stick her ocd diagnosis after the bill of $450 and seeing me all of 10 min.

Mine is extreme anxiety as well, they haven’t got a clue. GP said mine was OCD, if that was the case the AD’s would helped instead making me worse. Been doing exposure therapy for couple years done nothing to help it. I had insomnia for years just have to read on here to know it causes people all sorts anxiety. Trouble is they won’t acknowledge withdrawal can last fir months/years.

It can still be OCD, but maybe SSRIs doesn't help because they target serotonin. I don't know if boosting serotonin could treat the symptoms of excess glutamate, maybe it could for some users, but introducing/increasing those meds can be hard, typical doses for OCD are usually higher and the time to get a therapeutic response I guess is also higher at least I read or heard about it somewhere.

Some have good results with NAC but I think that was tough on my stomach and each one of us might react differently.

This isn't a professional medical advice, please, I don't want any of you to feel worse. I hope you find someone you can trust.

Mine definitely not OCD, never had it before withdrawal so the advice is it will eventually go. SSRI’s are recommended go to treatment for OCD, even on small dose made my symptoms much much worse, no way could tolerate higher dise.They do seem effective on pre existing OCD. Mine git lot worse after flu jab, so def medically induced. I was fine yesterday, back to feeling f***ing awful again today.