1mg Lorazepam Taper Help- Doctor Switched me to 1mg Klon

[Du...]

Picked up the solution today and it is a 0.1MG/ML Suspension. They used a premade suspension called suspendit by PCCA. The bottle is 300ml's total.

The dosage on the bottle says "take 10mls by mouth each day and taper by .5mls each day as tolerated.

I'm just trying to figure out how to transition to the liquid when I have been doing a dry DMT and am down to .86mg currently.  Any help here would be great thanks!

The math to get your current dose from a 0.1mg/ml solution is...

0.89mg / 0.1 = 8.9ml

Each 0.5ml reduction they're suggesting is 0.05mg. So if you reduced 0.5ml from your 8.9ml dose to get 8.4ml (i.e. 0.84mg), and you'd have taken a 5.6% reduction. I would NOT suggest doing this daily, and I want to point out that this is a linear reduction, so you'll be going up in percent reduction for every dcut.

I'm a proponent of liquid/tablet hybrid, for reasons mentioned, but if I was switching entirely over to this liquid I would updose slightly to 9ml (0.9mg), and hold at this dose for a week to make sure I was tolerating it well. Then I'd reduce by 0.5 - 1ml every 10 -14 days, depending on symptoms. That'd be the simplest way to use this medicine, at this dosage.

If you can use http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/titration/titrationForm.php then you can create a custom DMT schedule, and by combining a 10ml syringe with a 1ml syringe with 100 gradations (lines), you could do a DMT with your formula quite easily.

You'd go through even less liquid if you took most of your dose in tablets, for example taking 0.875mg in tablet pieces (that's 1 and 3/4 of 0.5mg tablets) and 0.15ml in liquid. I'd reduce the liquid to zero with a DMT, remove another 1/4 of a tablet from my tablet portion, and start again at 1.25ml with the liquid.

Options options!

I hope I at least answered how to convert your dose to this new liquid.  :thumbsup:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Du...]

• [sl...]

• [se...]

• [Su...]

Thank you for your help, slownsteady!!

You are absolutely right, options, options! I will likely continue my dry DMT through the weekend and try and make the equivalent switch over to the liquid on Monday.

Thanks, again! I will update here as I progress.

With the liquid suspension, do I take it direct from the syringe or can I add it to juice, water or liquid of some sort to drink to make sure I get the full dose?

I shoot the liquid clonazepam I'm using right into my mouth and swallow immediately; sometimes with a wash of water (usually there's a tablet or tablet piece I'm swallowing soon after). I'm careful not to touch the syringe to my mouth. Afterwards I retract the stopper a little bit (to pull in the extra medicine that stays in the tip), put on the cap, and store my liquid and syringe in a little bag in the fridge.

8+ml is going to be just a few teaspoons. I'd worry that adding it to any liquid would complicate things; there might be a chance of medicine getting stuck to the drinking vessel and getting lost, medicine contents interacting with the drink contents (clonazepam falling out of suspension for example), or who knows. All theoretical concerns, but they crossed my mind so here they are.

My suggestion would be to take it straight from the syringe.

Would you consider a step-wise transition to the new liquid?

Thank you for the feedback! That all makes sense, I will likely make a direct transition to liquid on Monday using the syringe you recommended from Amazon. I will then hold to gauge any symptoms from the transition and continue will a liquid only DMT.

Thank you for the feedback! That all makes sense, I will likely make a direct transition to liquid on Monday using the syringe you recommended from Amazon. I will then hold to gauge any symptoms from the transition and continue will a liquid only DMT.

Okay, so you're using something like a 10ml syringe and then also the 1ml with 100 gradations?

Yup! With the 1ml with 100 gradients I will have a 1ml, 5ml, and 10ml available for me to use.

Awesome! How are you going to structure your reductions?

I am currently at .84mg dry DMT and plan to reduce to .8mg by Sunday. I will then do a direct change to 8ml liquid Monday and hold to see how my body adjusts to the liquid. From there I plan to do a liquid DMT of .1-.3ml a day based on symptoms and how I’m feeling. My body seems to be adjusting a lot better with the DMT than a cut and hold strategy.

Phew, I think that all checks out. Hopping this transition and taper go well and more consistent than the scale and file approach.

I am currently at .84mg dry DMT and plan to reduce to .8mg by Sunday. I will then do a direct change to 8ml liquid Monday and hold to see how my body adjusts to the liquid. From there I plan to do a liquid DMT of .1-.3ml a day based on symptoms and how I’m feeling. My body seems to be adjusting a lot better with the DMT than a cut and hold strategy.

I'm so glad to hear that you're seeing improvements by doing a DMT; I also found daily micro reductions far more tolerable than cut and holds.

I think your tapering quite quickly. 0.1-0.3ml/day is a linear reduction, easy to calculate, maybe tricky to maintain. 0.1ml/day at your current dose is 1.25%/day (17.5%/14 days), and 0.3ml/day is 3.75%/day (52.5%/14 days) if my math is correct and because it's linear these percentages will go up each day. These are pretty far outside the 5-10%/14 day guidelines. I'm not saying you can't do it, I just wanted you to know what you're aiming for.

With the 1ml syringe I suggested it's possible to reduce your solution by degrees of 0.01ml i.e. 0.001mg (with your current liquid formula). That gives you quite a wide range of possible reduction rates so if you need to go slower, that syringe should have you covered.

I'm glad you're listening to your body. Holding at the liquid switch sounds like a wise choice; how long will you hold to monitor your body's adjustment?

Hmm, the math on the liquid is where I am getting lost, unfortunately.

So far I have been doing great reducing between 8-12% per week. 8.24% the first week and 11.74% the second week. So a total of 20%/14 days and am currently at .8mg dry pill. I know this is outside the guidelines, but I have been listening to my body and it has responded well to the DMT. I don't want to rush it and definitely don't want to hit (17.5% or 52.5% /14days... yikes.)

could you break down how you got to those percentages? Thanks!

Hmm, the math on the liquid is where I am getting lost, unfortunately.

So far I have been doing great reducing between 8-12% per week. 8.24% the first week and 11.74% the second week. So a total of 20%/14 days and am currently at .8mg dry pill. I know this is outside the guidelines, but I have been listening to my body and it has responded well to the DMT. I don't want to rush it and definitely don't want to hit (17.5% or 52.5% /14days... yikes.)

could you break down how you got to those percentages? Thanks!

17.5%/14 days is awfully similar to the 8-12% week that you said you're doing; if you're responding well to this rate, why are you upset about doing it again with the liquid? I was just warning you that 0.3ml/day is three times your previous rate, and that looks like 52.5%/14 days at your current dose.

0.1ml / 8ml = 0.0125, i.e. 1.25%/day

1.25 * 14 days = 17.5, i.e. 17.5%/14 days

Really I don't ever do math like this for my reductions; I prefer percent based, not linear, but I also can't seem to go nearly as fast as you are.

I put all my information into:

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/titration/titrationForm.php

This form creates a custom DMT at whatever percentage reduction I want; I'm doing 6%/14 days currently. I can walk you through the four form sections if you'd like to use this tool.

Gotcha, thank you!

Definitely not upset, just worried about the transition to liquid and my body accepting the change. Also, I don’t want to miscalculate and go too fast/taper too much too quickly.

I think I will make the transition as planned and try the 1ml reduction per day (17.5%/14 days)

Thanks for the help!

Gotcha, thank you!

Definitely not upset, just worried about the transition to liquid and my body accepting the change. Also, I don’t want to miscalculate and go too fast/taper too much too quickly.

I think I will make the transition as planned and try the 1ml reduction per day (17.5%/14 days)

Thanks for the help!

Upset, worried, concerned, potatoes... I understand.

Prior planning prevents protracted panics.

0.1ml reduction per day, I hope!  :laugh:

How long will you hold to monitor your body's adjustment to the liquid?

Ha! Yes, .1ml!!

I plan on for sure holding 3 days. Monitor any symptoms if they arise. If so, I will hold for a week (more if needed based on symptoms severity) then taper .1ml a day.

Ha! Yes, .1ml!!

I plan on for sure holding 3 days. Monitor any symptoms if they arise. If so, I will hold for a week (more if needed based on symptoms severity) then taper .1ml a day.

Sounds good. A minimum of 5 days would be my preference.

You'll do great. Keep us posted!  :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to switch to liquid K yesterday...

I have been doing very well with the dry DMT and reducing 8-12% a week. Well, it was going great until Sunday. My wife and I met with some extended family. My stress levels went up significantly; a headache, muscle twitching, depression, GI issues/IBS Flare came out of nowhere...it lasted most of the day and subsided by night time. I contributed this to stress being around that part of the family and continued with my planned cut. Yesterday I woke up and it felt like I hadn't slept at all... we had plans to see friends, so I pressed through it.. GI issues lingered, and I made it through the day and felt okay at night. I made the decision not to switch anything up and stayed with a dry cut last night. I woke up again feeling extreme fatigue, and GI issues continued....

All that said, I think my body is telling me I am going too fast and will need to hold or slow down. So I will finish this week out either holding my current dose: .72mg or reduce my cuts significantly until the GI and extreme fatigue lessens. Then try and make the switch to liquid.

Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to switch to liquid K yesterday...

I have been doing very well with the dry DMT and reducing 8-12% a week. Well, it was going great until Sunday. My wife and I met with some extended family. My stress levels went up significantly; a headache, muscle twitching, depression, GI issues/IBS Flare came out of nowhere...it lasted most of the day and subsided by night time. I contributed this to stress being around that part of the family and continued with my planned cut. Yesterday I woke up and it felt like I hadn't slept at all... we had plans to see friends, so I pressed through it.. GI issues lingered, and I made it through the day and felt okay at night. I made the decision not to switch anything up and stayed with a dry cut last night. I woke up again feeling extreme fatigue, and GI issues continued....

All that said, I think my body is telling me I am going too fast and will need to hold or slow down. So I will finish this week out either holding my current dose: .72mg or reduce my cuts significantly until the GI and extreme fatigue lessens. Then try and make the switch to liquid.

I'm sorry to hear how much you suffered through those events; I can relate with your struggle deeply. I'm really glad to hear that you're listening to your body and slowing down for now. The liquid may offer it's own challenges, so I agree with waiting until you feel better before starting something new.

I hope you feel better soon!  :thumbsup:

Just an update, I am continuing to hold at .72mg. Fatigue is pretty bad, can barely hold head up at times and my GI symptoms are still here.

I hope I can stabilize here over the next few days… this just tells me the DMT was going to fast and once I stabilize I need to slow down.

Just an update, I am continuing to hold at .72mg. Fatigue is pretty bad, can barely hold head up at times and my GI symptoms are still here.

I hope I can stabilize here over the next few days… this just tells me the DMT was going to fast and once I stabilize I need to slow down.

I've had a similar experience with my DMT; I guess with clonazepam the long half-life is double-edged, because while it smooths the cuts it also can build up an unpleasant momentum that takes a while to recover from. Hang in there; you'll feel better soon!  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the follow-up and support slownsteady! Definitely going to get through this and ready to switch to liquid… no more shaving these dang pills

I don't think you'll regret stabilizing first. You'll get there!

Did you consider doing liquid/tablet hybrid for a bit before going to all liquid? I think I mentioned it; maybe it sounded too complicated? You're still at high enough doses that I think it would be relatively simple to do with a pill splitter, and minimize the risk of not tolerating the liquid. If you are interested, could you remind me how many daily doses you take? Otherwise disregard this message! No pressure!

Keep us posted. 8)

Update, I think my cuts are still hitting me… day 4 of holding and I have yet to stabilize. Fortunately, my symptoms are not getting worse. Still hopeful I can stabilize soon so I can resume slowly tapering.

Also, slow steady, you did explain it, I think I would like to at least try the all liquid first before trying a hybrid. Thanks again for the reply’s and support.

Hard when it hits you like this when I was doing so well with the DMT

I just held for 7 days before resuming my cuts, all because my doctor wanted me to trial B6, and I took so very VERY little of the stuff but my WD side effects skyrocketed... so don't get discouraged. I think that's very good news that your symptoms are consistent; I know how hard it can be to wait but wait we must!

I understand wanting to go all liquid; I hope it works for you first try.