Had the Covid Vaccine yesterday (For the sensitive ones)

[su...]

I can't find where I posted prior, where there was like one other person who got the jab and was put into a wave.  She had been off 8 years.

Well, I was getting a bit better, some hours I'd feel normal, and the first shot ended that.

It's been 12 days now ;(

I am just very set back-- like when I took an antibiotic and vibrated worse, couldn't think, in bed. 

Not sure will get the 2nd dose.  I will postpone it, at the least, since next week would be when I'd get the Pfizer, part 2.

Every one I know who has got it is fine... at the most like 2 or 3 days of aches/ flu/ chills.

One symptom I got that is not the most common is wheezing... hurt to breathe.  And my cough (chronic) got worse.  The wheeze went away, at least.

So Suzi, me, and one other person is all I think got a bad result, really.  ?  Hard to know as these boards hard to monitor.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [su...]

• [Ma...]

• [Ga...]

• [Ba...]

Hi Barbara

Im sorry you are having a setback too.

Unfortunately BWS seems to set off some sort of major hypersensitivity in some of us. It can be quite disheartening being the one of the only few that react to stuff like we do.  It just seems to add an another torturous element to our journey. I have friends in the benzo world who have developed this extreme sensitivity and the reason you dont hear about their reaction to vaccine is alot of them flat out refuse to have it. I personally felt like I didnt have a choice, due to have no spleen and young children who are forever bringing germs into the house.

Your setback will eventually settle down although it may take some time, know that it will. You were very brave to have it knowing you are sensitive too.

Thanks, Suzi.  Appreciate that.  I am very upset and sad.

I am flashing hot and cold again, just as I was over 4 years ago.  And my memory and mood just terrible again.

I hope it settles but guess I am going to forget jab #2.  How many years is this supposed to go on for?  I don't have any life left to go back to.  I can see why you got it with your spleen and kids and all, yes. .

Thanks for the kind words. Maybe I can PM you?

I got my initial Pfizer shot on 2/24, and it put me in a wave for a little over a week. I could not sleep, had shortness of breath, wheezing, and air hunger. My knees and hips hurt and ached; going up and down stairs was brutal.

I went back to watching what I ate and drank, started using sleep hypnosis videos again, and one week later, finally got more than 90 straight minutes of sleep. Within three days after that, I felt better than I did before the shot.

Just got my 2nd jab today, about 10.5 hours ago. I’m a little lightheaded at times, and dizzy when I turn around too quickly, but none of the bad symptoms have started yet.

When I was tapering in July, I had a horrible reaction to Cefdinir antibiotics that mimicked my reaction to Pfizer no. 1.

Right now, lying in bed, staring at the ceiling, hoping this round goes OK.

Hi Love

Hopefully 2nd Jab wont be as bad as the first and you wont get the nasty wave. Im doing lots of CNS relaxing stuff in preparation for the 2nd. Anything i can do to calm my nervous nervous system. I find the Gupta Programme helpful

I got my initial Pfizer shot on 2/24, and it put me in a wave for a little over a week. I could not sleep, had shortness of breath, wheezing, and air hunger. My knees and hips hurt and ached; going up and down stairs was brutal.

I went back to watching what I ate and drank, started using sleep hypnosis videos again, and one week later, finally got more than 90 straight minutes of sleep. Within three days after that, I felt better than I did before the shot.

Just got my 2nd jab today, about 10.5 hours ago. I’m a little lightheaded at times, and dizzy when I turn around too quickly, but none of the bad symptoms have started yet.

When I was tapering in July, I had a horrible reaction to Cefdinir antibiotics that mimicked my reaction to Pfizer no. 1.

Right now, lying in bed, staring at the ceiling, hoping this round goes OK.

What sleep hypnosis works for you?  I believe at this point ahve seen everything that exists on you tube.

Wheezing.... wow.  I got that.  A new symptom for me and scary.  It hurt breathing in.  At least that makes me feel a bit more normal, your report.  Yes, I took a Z pak a while back and was so revved up had to quit it.  Sounds like your antibiotic reaction.

Have to say I took bit more ambien and a 50 mg lyrica and got some sleep feel at least not so deathly depressed and freezing cold and myoclonic jerks stopped.  Maybe I'm stable.  Still have to decide on the 2nd shot... can't believe what it did to me.

Thx for posting!  Helps me.

Suzi... can you talk about the Gupta program??

Barbara, I just google “sleep hypnosis,” and pick one off of YouTube that I haven’t used in awhile. I find that I can use the same one for maybe a week before my brain gets used to it, and I have to switch up. This is the one I have open on my iPad right now:

I also have a loud sound machine that plays a heartbeat, and once I’m asleep that keeps me asleep, when I’m not so bad off that I have to use the sleep hypnosis links. The heartbeat knocks my dog out, too.

So, I’m 24 hours into my 2nd Pfizer shot, and it’s completely different than the first. I slept hard last night, without the hypnosis link, or the sound machine, woke up to use the bathroom several times, and kept going back to sleep. I work for myself, and cleared my schedule for today, and it was nice being able to keep dozing off. I slept from probably 3:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., with maybe an hour’s worth of bathroom breaks, and letting the dog out. Best sleep I’ve had since I can remember.

No breathing troubles, some moderate morning anxiety about work projects I need to follow up on, but nothing too bad. Fingers crossed that the first one was the worse of the two.

Suzi, I googled the Gupta program, and I’ll probably try that out tonight. Thanks!

Hate to even post this, but will start by saying I have been having some pretty bad waves recently, so I have had a pretty bad reaction to both the first and second Pfizer vaccines!  The first one had me in bed for about six days (I was in a bad wave when I got it), and the second one I got this past Monday!  Was so ill since Tuesday with nausea, headache, and GI issues, that I saw my GP yesterday.  He originally thought he would take blood, but in looking at my timeline after both shots, and the repeat symptoms, he said he was quite sure that I am having a bad reaction to both.  As I am 73, he said he has seen more than a few cases of this age group experiencing the same symptoms as me!  He said I should expect to feel better in a couple of days....I sure hope so, as I am really feeling quite ill today.  I tend to be quite sensitive to many medicines and vaccines since going through the horrors BWD.  I am 100% sure that I would get the vaccines again, as the long term rewards are much greater than my temporary symptoms!  Good luck to all🙏😀

GG,

I was worried about you getting that second vaccine, but you said with the first one you were better after 6 days, therefore I knew you'd be ok. There are some people who are not in WD who were sick for a week with headache, feeling flu-like, etc.

Even though it's still challenging for you today, you will be better here soon. You're lucky you can get the vaccine and then move on.

Yes, that sounds bad but six days is doable.

Still osrt of thinking about the 2nd vac, but after almost 3 weeks, maybe not.  Also where we were getting them ran out for now.

Maybe wait a month see where things are?

Thank you suzi for creating this thread and sharing your experience and to everyone who is sharing their experiences as well. It is tremendously helpful. I am super-sensitive as well and cannot take any vitamins supplements and eat anti-inflammation based diet and therefore, I'm concerned about how I will respond to the vaccine. I think that after reading everyone's stories that I getting the vaccine and dealing with possible symptoms of it is far better than getting Covid-19 or living a life of total isolation for the foreseeable future which is no life at all. Already spent so many years in a lockdown of sorts due to drug withdrawal complications and am eager to resume some activity! And help contribute to global well-being, of course. 

Hey Tatertot,

Its so hard for us who are sensitive to knowingly inflict more suffering on ourselves for the greater good. I really think its such a brave thing to do. I really do hate this extra sensitivity and like you I cant take supplements and have to stay on such a restrictive/low inflammatory diet. Sometimes I just want a burger and fries!!!!  I hoping it will improve as our nervous systems repair.

I wish this vaccine was only one dose but to have to put ourselves through it twice is disheartening.

I hope you don't get a reaction and just walk away with a sore arm - i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. All the best and let us know how it goes

This looks like the BEGINNINGS of a "light at the end of the tunnel" for the world with this pandemic.

Hopefully in time, every country will be at the point where Isreal is at.

*Please keep replies upbeat and non political with the point for the entire world to eventually EVENTUALLY get here - a Pandemic Endgame.

Article dated April 2nd 2021.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/02/really-good-place-israel-nearing-covid-endgame

I just want to thank you for being SO BRAVE and willing to share with others for our benefit in what must have been an agonizing decision for you.  That is very compassionate and we very much appreciate your generosity.

I wish you a very smooth experience going forward  :smitten:

Totally agree, thank you for helping others by sharing!

Hey Tatertot,

Its so hard for us who are sensitive to knowingly inflict more suffering on ourselves for the greater good. I really think its such a brave thing to do. I really do hate this extra sensitivity and like you I cant take supplements and have to stay on such a restrictive/low inflammatory diet. Sometimes I just want a burger and fries!!!!  I hoping it will improve as our nervous systems repair.

I wish this vaccine was only one dose but to have to put ourselves through it twice is disheartening.

I hope you don't get a reaction and just walk away with a sore arm - i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. All the best and let us know how it goes

Thank you Suzi! It is is a big scary proposition for us benzo-harmed people to allow Big Pharma to put a needle in our arm after all we have been through. We understandably are not trusting as well as being scared of side effects. I just dont want to live inside my house forever after being inside for years recovering and think I will take a chance. I hope it all turns out okay, and from the majority of the vaccinated benzobuddies it seems it will. But you're right, I am nervous. And now I am not sure which company's vaccine to go with, if I have a choice. I was thinking Pfizer but now not so sure!

Good thread..this is a question I think all of us in this boat are weighing the pros and cons on.  It looks like after reading on the site many are having the same experience those who are not in wd are having while others have had set back...unfortunately  it's hard to know which one you are going to be and can only go on knowing your body at this point.  I think any set backs would be just that a set back.  I haven't gotten the vaccine  yet but wanted to come on here and see what everyone else is doing and feeling about it.  I will keep reading others experiences on here.  I did have covid and it was terrible back to acute for me but better now.  Hang in there everyone we will get through this!

Hello All,

I was at high risk for a reaction to the vaccination. I put off getting it and finally made the decision to move forward.  I have Hashimoto's and have had adverse reactions to IV medications (Benadryl and Prednisone which included tachycardia and depressed breathing).  This was a HUGE step for me to make as FEAR had it grip.  I like you weighed the pro's and con's and decided to move forward.  If you don't get the vaccination you are faced with possibly needing Prednisone and other drugs that could make withdrawal a complete nightmare, not to mention the potential to die.  In addition you are always going to worry about getting it from someone you love or just picking up groceries.

I had the injection and my heart began to race a bit, I had blurred vision and my jaw clenched and my arms and back felt heavy.  These symptoms lasted about an hour although I was released after 45 minutes.  It quickly resolved.  This is the same reaction I had to IV Benadryl in the hospital a year ago.  I had the shot at 8:30am and  it is now 2:00 and I am feeling like I am coming down with something.  My father also had the Johnson and Johnson and no symptoms for two days and on day three developed a fever of 101 for four hours.  It resolved and he felt great.

I will try to keep you posted over the next few days to let you know of additional symptoms or set backs with withdrawal. I hope this helps.

I think this is true for everyone sensitive going ahead with the vaccine - we are weighing up pro and cons.

I mean the possibility of being further medicated with possible covid complications is a much worse choice than than having the vaccine, well definitely true in my case. I know for sure that I wouldn't be able to tolerate steroids or antibiotics in any form, but I have been able to cope with a vaccine setback and it has set me back unfortunately.  At least I can deal with this setback at home and not having full blown akathesia whilst in hospital hooked up to oxygen (worse case scenario obviously).

Maybe if I could stay isolated I would consider waiting on vaccine until my CNS had healed a bit more, but I am just not protected enough. I have my parents who live in a flat upstairs with my Mum around all the time to help me with my children, a husband who works with lots of the other people and two young kids in primary school. At some point I will be exposed to covid.

I could not agree with sizing more!!!  I feel exactly the same.  I had an uptick in my withdrawal last night but it was minor.  I did however sleep a full 8 hours which was such an a blessing!!!

Don’t let this decision steal your peace, it is worth doing.  It’s far better to have a few days of manageable withdrawal that to run the risk of covid.

• 4 weeks later...

So I got the second Astra Zenica vaccine and I hope im not speaking too soon but it was so much easier than the 1st one. Mind you I did hear the 2nd Oxford dose was easier.  I was terrified about it due to length of time it took to recover from the 1st (about 8 weeks)

2 hours after Jab:  Immune system response was extremely quick this time - Dizziness, slight headache, muscle aches, Numb foot, head pressure increased, severe neck pain, internal vibrating. Went quite acute for about 2 hours and then it calmed down with a bout of akathesia for half that time.

6 hours after dose: Things settling down

24 hours after vaccine - slight revving of symptoms (very very thick DR) but nothing I couldnt handle

48 hours after - about the same as yesterday but nothing to write home about.

Overall, so far its been ok and I am so relieved . Fingers crossed it stays this way

Wow, good for you!

Been to scared to get the second one.

Hope you have dodged the bullet there!

Yes - it was night and day compared with the 1st one. I feel almost back to baseline already