3 nights of no sleep

[Sh...]

I could never break the cycle as it was on and off for months.  I had somewhere around 11 three and even four nights in a row with no perceived sleep.  Time was the healer and things evened out over time.

I can’t break the cycle. Had unisom last night and only got 2.5 hrs after a zero night. It never breaks x

It will break after you are completely off of the Valium.  I would not expect it to break even on a small amount of Valium.

Remember that you need 2 things to sleep:

Sleep Drive / Circadian Rhythm

These have to be in balance.  Benzos destroy your sleep drive by binding to GABA receptors and replacing your body's normal ability to sleep.  As the drug is withdrawn, the GABA no longer functions normally so your sleep drive is temporarily ruined.  Your body knows how to repair the damage, but Time is the only healer.

I know the way. Not long now. 6 weeks tops . And honestly, it’s really hard but I’m glad I’m going faster because my body after 2.5 years of severe insomnia feels like it’s falling apart. I could barely walk yesterday I was in so much pain. I’ll be glad to put this behind me. Thanku for ur support and encouragement theway. U don’t know how much I appreciate it x

I have been where you are. My taper was devastatingly slow , I could not physically go any faster and at the end of 5 years my body was done . I still had 2 mgs left to go too but it was coming down  to it or me winning . So I had to go too fast at the end , and it was a good while before I had any sleep , I had many 0 hour and 90 minute nights .

Hi blue dutchess

Thanks so much for ur reply.

I’ve read some of ur posts so I know u had a rough time. Yep that’s how I feel like it’s really not helping a lot so rather put it behind me and get on the other side of it.

Are u sleeping ok now?

• 1 month later...
I'm going on two nights, even took 5 mg melatonin and that didn't work, night before I took 3 mg and didn't work either.  I'm used to taking my klonopin but trying to cut down on taking it and that's why I didn't sleep. Just bought some L-trytophan I hope it will work.

Maybe u need to taper the k? Did u taper or just stop? I hope ur sleep comes back soon, it’s very difficult to navigate the insomnia x

Maybe u need to taper the k? Did u taper or just stop? I hope ur sleep comes back soon, it’s very difficult to navigate the insomnia x

I stopped it, been taking it regularly for sleep. I figured at such a low dose I didn't need to bother with taper. Am I wrong?

.25mg of klonopin is equivalent to approximately 3.8mg of Valium. That’s considered a high dose to ct from..It depends how regularly u take it?

I took it almost every night for 6 mos so maybe thats what it was, I cut it abruptly and shouldn't have. might need to do a longer taper.  I cut one .50 pill in half.