Parenting in Recovery

[tr...]

I know how hard those calls are. My little boy got suspended 3 times in the first term of school in his first year. It’s only natural u feel it’s ur fault but when u really sit with it u know it’s not because of anything u did or didn’t do, they are at the age where they are pushing boundaries to see what they can get away with. They’re too little to understand rules alot of the time. They’re just learning x he’ll be ok mumma xx

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [La...]

• [Sh...]

• [tr...]

• [ki...]

I have 12- and 10-year old boys and 8- and 5-year old girls. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!! Cool weather moving in over my area...we’re sure ready for it.

Beauty

Lovely to hear everyone’s kiddies ages. We are all doing amazing considering what we are going thru right now. Even in my worst moments I know I’m strong. We are all doing the best we can x

I got invited out with some of the mums at school and had to say no again, I miss being a regular person. Never being able to make concrete plans.

Although a bday party I was taking my son to has been cancelled due to bad weather so I am glad to dodge that bullet. Small talk is so hard with no sleep!

Yes I agree. Being sleep deprived isn't easy. But bedridden is hell on top of hell. You guys are blessed to be able to drive, socialize, go out with your kids, bathe/dress yourself, grocery shop, do laundry, garden, get your hair/nails done, go for a walk and talk to people. I wish I could! I'm parenting laying in a bed ALL day EVERY day! Unimaginably difficult. But I do it with a smile because this won't be for too much longer compared to the rest of my life.

I cannot imagine lady x I am so sorry to complain about such trivial things. As u all know sleep deprivation is my worst symptom, so that’s huge in my world. But I need to flip it and think about what I can do. It’s hard for me coz the one thing I need to heal I cannot have x I’m so sorry to sound ungrateful x

No ma'am don't apologize. My worst symptom feels just as bad as yours feel to you. I'm not upset at all sweetie. This is the place where we are free to express ourselves and receive feedback that may help us cope. None of it is easy and trying to parent our kids. My intention was not to make anyone feel bad.

I know u didn’t want to make me feel bad and u didn’t, but u did make me realise I should be greatful for the things I can do. Today I am going to go for a walk for you lady. I will think of u the whole way. Sending u so much love

Yes I agree. Being sleep deprived isn't easy. But bedridden is hell on top of hell. You guys are blessed to be able to drive, socialize, go out with your kids, bathe/dress yourself, grocery shop, do laundry, garden, get your hair/nails done, go for a walk and talk to people. I wish I could! I'm parenting laying in a bed ALL day EVERY day! Unimaginably difficult. But I do it with a smile because this won't be for too much longer compared to the rest of my life.

Hoping you really feel a shift for the positive soon in regards to getting out of that room! And yes this is a blip on the screen compared to the rest of our lives. ( But its a heck of a blip....) :smitten:

So we're gonna need you to "blip" out of bed soon ;)

I know u didn’t want to make me feel bad and u didn’t, but u did make me realise I should be greatful for the things I can do. Today I am going to go for a walk for you lady. I will think of u the whole way. Sending u so much love

Walk for me thx! That's so sweet! I love y'all too. I see that many people who have healed don't come on this forum except to tell their success stories. That's great. But as for me, I'm going to stay on here even after my recovery is complete because I want to help others. I want be an example of being one of the worst cases that healed. If I told y'all half the things I've endured since I began this journey, you would wonder how am I even sane or even alive. On purpose I'm not telling some things because I want to save them for my success story. Having said that....we are ALL miracles for enduring this!

Hoping you really feel a shift for the positive soon in regards to getting out of that room! And yes this is a blip on the screen compared to the rest of our lives. ( But its a heck of a blip....) :smitten:

So we're gonna need you to "blip" out of bed soon ;)

I appreciate that Trina. I'm heading into my 5th month. It's funny you said that because my daughter said the same thing. " mom I have a feeling that next month will be better for you. Then we can do art together like we used to." Girl, I've got to get out of this bed. It's not an option to remain like this. My canvases are calling me!  :laugh:

I can’t wait for our success stories. I cry every time I think of what I will write. And I will be staying on too, I’ll always try to help others thru this awful ordeal no one deserves. It wouldn’t feel right to walk away.  :smitten: Trina u must be getting close to writing urs?

umm no Shayna...there's stuff I don't always share. I'm far from where I was, but I def am not there yet.

I did think about writing a rough draft of a success story though..putting down that which I do know, and how things have progressed so far. Keep it saved on the computer. Add to it as needed... ::)

Oh kits Xxxx I think we all struggle with that guy x I know I do. Lets call him voldemort! . Lady and I like to name our symptoms It makes them feel a little less serious (sometimes). I call my insomnia Maggie thatcher (apparently she was a hardcore insomniac) and my heart palpitations Jason mamoa (coz he gives everyone heart palpitations) :laugh: . Lady’s boatiness we call jack sparrow (coz he’s a drunken pirate)

Silly but sometimes it at least gives us a giggle which god knows we need. X  :smitten:

:laugh: :laugh: I wondered what you two were talking about! 😂😂😂 I think Voldemort is an excellent name for it! He who shall not be named!

Exactly!  :laugh: Flipped it  :thumbsup:

Voldemort does go I promise. He doesn't even come across my thoughts anymore.

As a moderator we need to stop it here ok guys? Sorry.....

Shayna - as for holding back..its not necessarily bc I need to hold back..its just by 9 months you really do surrender to the process and say "whatever..." to the symptoms. Almost like you're just tired of talking about it.

For example vibrations. They visit intensely then leave. So I say, " Oh..you again. ok whatever"... simply bc I know it will go again. New symptoms will grab my attention for a bit and give me a little freak out - then I'm like "ok..this too. it will pass".

Parenting..daughter gets wisdom teeth taken out tomorrow..I'm going to record her post-op to see if she does/says anything hysterical. Anesthesia can produce some funky aftereffects lol.

I'm wishing your daughter a smooth surgery, Trina. Now don't use that recording as blackmail  :laugh: yes symptoms pop in out with varying intensities. I've also experienced a couple of new ones that popped up for an hour or two then poof...gone. I've not had it again. I felt like it was a drop of water on my arm. I looked down it was nothing there. So I wiped my arm anyway.  :laugh: next hour it was gone. Really weird! And you're right it's best to just embrace the symptoms. I say oh ok today we're having a storm on the boat. Some days just sailing over small waves. My daughter brings me a lot of support when I'm very boaty. She's in here every 15 minutes asking if I need anything. So sweet.

Trina please keep us posted on how things go. I'm praying for her.

Voldemort does go I promise. He doesn't even come across my thoughts anymore.

As a moderator we need to stop it here ok guys? Sorry.....

Shayna - as for holding back..its not necessarily bc I need to hold back..its just by 9 months you really do surrender to the process and say "whatever..." to the symptoms. Almost like you're just tired of talking about it.

For example vibrations. They visit intensely then leave. So I say, " Oh..you again. ok whatever"... simply bc I know it will go again. New symptoms will grab my attention for a bit and give me a little freak out - then I'm like "ok..this too. it will pass".

Parenting..daughter gets wisdom teeth taken out tomorrow..I'm going to record her post-op to see if she does/says anything hysterical. Anesthesia can produce some funky aftereffects lol.

Sorry about v comment just trying to be silly to make us laugh x

I understand what u mean. Guess that’s a good coping mechanism x think when wave is too big tho how do u keep that in. Ur a strong lady Trina x

So funny u are going to record ur daughter haha x

When my daughter was 3 she fell off bunk bed onto her head (awful I know) we were trying to get her into mri so drs gave her a sedative coz she wouldn’t go in. When it kicked in she said “ooooh mummy funny “and started giggling was so funny. My hubby and I looked at each other and said, she doesn’t take after me at the same time!

I hope it all goes smoothly Trina x

So I def recorded my girl today...hysterical post op comments! I was laughing so hard I was crying! I wish I could post it! Surgery was success :)

Day 2 after wisdom removal is def hard on my girl. She's tough though - already diving into homework! I can't repeat some of the stuff she said..potty mouth was part of her response to anesthesia ::)

She did however have a hard time "finding her chin". When she finally felt it I said, "there you go that your chin.." - she replied" Oh no....this is NOT my chin...". Dead serious.  she was also deeply touched that the surgeon had given us a bag to take home (full of cause etc). "AWE..thats soooo nice of them.AWe they gave US a bag?!!!".

Loopy as heck...

But she had hiccups after....which must have annoyed her bc she dropped the "F" bomb after every hiccup - and literally has no recollection of this.So any moral upbringing she had flew right out the window.

For me this morning felt like acute for like 6 hrs...than it literally left. So weird.

Day 2 after wisdom removal is def hard on my girl. She's tough though - already diving into homework! I can't repeat some of the stuff she said..potty mouth was part of her response to anesthesia ::)

She did however have a hard time "finding her chin". When she finally felt it I said, "there you go that your chin.." - she replied" Oh no....this is NOT my chin...". Dead serious.  she was also deeply touched that the surgeon had given us a bag to take home (full of cause etc). "AWE..thats soooo nice of them.AWe they gave US a bag?!!!".

Loopy as heck...

But she had hiccups after....which must have annoyed her bc she dropped the "F" bomb after every hiccup - and literally has no recollection of this.So any moral upbringing she had flew right out the window.

For me this morning felt like acute for like 6 hrs...than it literally left. So weird.

Well she’s made of tough stuff just like her mum x

Wow mini wave that is strange... any foods might have triggered it?

So glad to hear your daughter has done well. Sounds like she was very high. Too funny. I think the stress of the surgery caused your wave. I had a big one this morning from the stress of my son and now my daughter having covid. My wave lasted 4 1/2 hours. It's been 11 days since I had a big one. My daughter was very upset to learn that she's positive for covid. She thought she might die. She's heard of all the deaths. I assured her that she will be ok. She's quarantined to her room. Bless her heart she's worried about who's going to help me.

Trains you and hubby did a great job! And she could have heard potty mouth from anywhere. It's funny how they can hear those words but can't hear you calling them.  :laugh:

• Popular Now