Parker new post?

[Aj...]

It’s just completely bizarre to me that someone who KNOWS how horrific Wd is and how long the suffering is would willingly put the poison in their body again. I’d die before I physically put another pill in my mouth. It’s different if the wd wasn’t as bad or long, but Parker was on here for like 7 years..

It’s like someone who almost died of peanut allergies would risk eating it again.

So your saying if there was a drug that would stop all your withdrawal symptoms you wouldn't take it or just another benzo?

Was referring to benzo

I don't think Parker reinstating had anything to do with her not healing from withdrawal. I think she healed and enjoyed life, but then other health issues came up, and unfortunately this is how most physicians choose to treat symptoms. She knew the risks, but thats a personal decision. People need to realize that women have hormones that play a big role in withdrawal. Women go on benzos and SSRI's for menopause all the time to help symptoms, its not a we never heal issue.

I agree with what you said.  I know of several women who did in fact start AD's during peri-menopause and menopause. They were also given a benzo to take short term while the AD took effect.  Menopause and hormones, what a mix.  I was (long since passed this point) very sensitive to estrogen changes that caused terrible migraines. A small dose of HRT solved this completely. When the data came out about the negative effects of HRT, I stopped and didn't need anything else by that point.

pianogirl  :smitten:

WD seems to have thrown me into menopause. My hormones are a mess and I know that is causing other problems.

Prior to Benzos I had hormone (and food) related complex migraines.

Are you saying the HRT helped?

I am concerned about trying anything because so sensitive to everything.

I don't think Parker healed and then went on drugs after. She was 32 months off and still bad.

Agree. In her last few posts she was still having issues , going to docs, having pretty bad anxiety and panic in the docs office, etc. I’m pretty sure she went back on Benzos around the same time she disappeared from here.

[b6...]
I think what we unfortunately have to remember is that what we were put on the meds for is not just going to vanish. I guess for some people it can, but I was put on for a movement disorder...i still have that movement disorder. I think it gets so bad in withdrawal that when you start to heal its not as big of a deal, you just learn to be grateful. I have read a ton of her posts, and in the end she was so encouraging and positive. She did get so much better than she was before. So unless you treat underlying conditions that cause your health situation you were put on benzos for or you undergo major therapy, its going to come back.

[7f...]

I think what we unfortunately have to remember is that what we were put on the meds for is not just going to vanish. I guess for some people it can, but I was put on for a movement disorder...i still have that movement disorder. I think it gets so bad in withdrawal that when you start to heal its not as big of a deal, you just learn to be grateful. I have read a ton of her posts, and in the end she was so encouraging and positive. She did get so much better than she was before. So unless you treat underlying conditions that cause your health situation you were put on benzos for or you undergo major therapy, its going to come back.

You have to realize many people were put onthese meds for off label issues and now have 100s of symptoms for example.  I was on benzos for 3.5 weeks before they destroyed my mind.  I didn't even know what an intrusive thought was before this mess. I was traveling and backpacking 3 years ago.

[b6...]
Yes we are going to have lots of issues while we withdrawal, but then when all the other symptoms have gone we are still going to have our main issue that we were put on the medication for. For everyone that is different,  with different intensity, and effects our quality of life more than others. When your 100 symptoms go away, you may still have that 1 or 2 symptom you were put on for... Depending on what that was, you may either feel 110% and healed or when you get off now you will have to figure out how to deal with that issue.  For her the intensity was enough that she went on another benzo or tried another psych med. Everyones maim issue is different so you can judge someones situation and say this is how I'm going to be or look no one heals. We are so individual.

Yes we are going to have lots of issues while we withdrawal, but then when all the other symptoms have gone we are still going to have our main issue that we were put on the medication for. For everyone that is different,  with different intensity, and effects our quality of life more than others. When your 100 symptoms go away, you may still have that 1 or 2 symptom you were put on for... Depending on what that was, you may either feel 110% and healed or when you get off now you will have to figure out how to deal with that issue.  For her the intensity was enough that she went on another benzo or tried another psych med. Everyones maim issue is different so you can judge someones situation and say this is how I'm going to be or look no one heals. We are so individual.

It didn’t sound like she was just going through the original issue. She didn’t sound healed at all, just better than acute.

Also a ton of people are left with lingering issues other than their original issue. Like tinnitus (too many success stories list this as a lingering issue) and cognitive issues.

The damage is real, even though some people are fortunate enough to heal completely. Others are not.

You have to realize many people were put onthese meds for off label issues and now have 100s of symptoms for example.  I was on benzos for 3.5 weeks before they destroyed my mind.  I didn't even know what an intrusive thought was before this mess. I was traveling and backpacking 3 years ago.

This ^^^

I was given this after my gall bladder BURST and I was having real trouble getting well from it . I remained very ill , in massive amounts of uncontrolled pain/unable to eat , and being on medicaid in the states they took the cheap way out - instead of trying to fix it or sending me to pain management  .

Yep my surgical problems are still here instead of being fixed and Ill never be the same in many ways .  Ill get better but ill ever be what I was before . It really tore me up .  Id had NO emotional problems before this . Dysautonomia - I didn't even know the human body could do such a thing . OCD , fear of food lol I mean seriously ...

I feel terrible for Parker that that was the only way . I would not survive if I did that , I was so so sick in tolerance.  Drs acted like they didn't know what was wrong , no one would help me taper .Just no help anywhere - I could never return to that . Plus alot of states are now quietly making them illegal or only 10 day rx's now anyway because they know . They just dont want to be held responsible .

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think Parker reinstating had anything to do with her not healing from withdrawal. I think she healed and enjoyed life, but then other health issues came up, and unfortunately this is how most physicians choose to treat symptoms. She knew the risks, but thats a personal decision. People need to realize that women have hormones that play a big role in withdrawal. Women go on benzos and SSRI's for menopause all the time to help symptoms, its not a we never heal issue.

I agree with what you said.  I know of several women who did in fact start AD's during peri-menopause and menopause. They were also given a benzo to take short term while the AD took effect.  Menopause and hormones, what a mix.  I was (long since passed this point) very sensitive to estrogen changes that caused terrible migraines. A small dose of HRT solved this completely. When the data came out about the negative effects of HRT, I stopped and didn't need anything else by that point.

pianogirl  :smitten:

WD seems to have thrown me into menopause. My hormones are a mess and I know that is causing other problems.

Prior to Benzos I had hormone (and food) related complex migraines.

Are you saying the HRT helped?

I am concerned about trying anything because so sensitive to everything.

Ajusta, I have had migraines since my 30's and were hormonal.....this was before benzo's, I figured out by researching that the only way I might be able to help them, was to go on hormones.

You just have to get a balance of them.  They helped my migraines a lot.  I still take them and don't plan on going off unless my migraines go away.  If hormones weren't the cause of your migraines, then I wouldn't take them.    :)