PropoNalol for panic

[om...]

I have tried propranolol 10mg tablets for a month.  Started with 10mg twice daily.  Increased it to 3 a day and for a short period 4 aday.  The reason I started the med was increased BP during taper from Klonopin.  I had no BP issues before.  I also started to experience  palpitations and pounding of the heart. 

It did help with the anxiety. It lowered the incidents of palpitation.  However, I felt very tired and light headed and started having sleep issues.  My BP started dropping below 100 over 57. Lowered the dosage to 2 a day for a while and slowly got out. 

I decided to use this med as needed.  I did not experience  any loss of hair and weight gain.  However, I used it a very short period. I would use it again if I run into similar problems.  I would not go over 10mg twice a day. 

However, if you decide to come off it, please do it very slowly.  In my case, I had some irregular heart beats for a week. 

I also found online a study indicated that propranolol has the potential to increase the accumulation of klonopin in your blood.  I did not feel comfortable to go through with it since I was tapering from Klonopin. There are times however, the anxiety is soo bad that I am willing to take that step.  Good luck with your journey.  Let us know about your progress.