Mornings are still hard

[Li...]

Greetings buddies.

Lately I have been experiencing some very good windows at night. I get moments where I feel like myself again. A peaceful quiet mind and stable emotions. I get soo much hope and then get crushed in the mornings.

My mornings are the worst. The impairment is at a peak in the mornings with emotional instability and brain impairment so severe that distraction is almost impossible. The racing thoughts are so loud and fast my brain is all over the place, I then get the fear of losing sanity. This has been the viscious cycle Iv been experiencing. Which leads me to this question; Does anyone know of anybody that went insane permanently from paws?

Liberty 🗽

Congratulations on the evening windows. How lovely to get a break especially before bed.

In general, there are several players on the field for morning terrors.  Some can be simply remedied while others can be challenging. I've learned of the ones I'll mention through personal trial and error.

1) Low blood sugar. The body is most active metabolically at night so you burn more calories then. A good hit to prevent AM drops is a bit of protein with a small complex carb at bedtime. Expl. bite of chicken with couple of spoons of rice.

2) According to Chinese Medicine, 3AM is the transition time for the liver meridian. During detox the liver is doing double-time. Liver support like the supplement quercitin at bedtime may be helpful.

3) Cortisol rises early AM and is normally kicked off by adequate T3 thyroid hormone. If you have thyroid issues, please get the Free T3 & T4 done at the check-up.  Conversion may be low during withdrawal from T4 storage to T3 active.  Also during times of stress, the body's need for T3 greatly increases.

4) High cortisol can be a stress response and cause the "shot out of a cannon" feeling when you wake up.

Vitamin C is excellent to lower cortisol as it helps the adrenals. I like Liposomal C for it's delivery system.

I also use Taurine if having any muscle tremors awakening. Natural anti-seizure supplement. * will lower BS so I take it with a teaspoon of honey and nut butter.

5) General wd metabolites causing vivd nightmares. If I wake up from one, flush-free niacin 1000mg usually helps within 30 minutes.

If experiencing PAWS, please research the enzyme GAD. It affects glutamate metabolism. NAC supplement seems to help lower glutamate. Also look into acetaldehyde - a nasty by-product of wd and alcohol.  Molybdenum, a trace mineral, helps the enzyme clear it away. Some people are genetically predisposed to this issue.  It might be helpful.

Happy New Year.

[f4...]

I just read this in a book I m reading.  I think it's something that I can use at times when it is hard.

'Okay, here we go again; it's back. Ah well, at least I know what it is and why it is happening. Feels like I'm petrified but I'm just in a constant state of fight, flight or freeze. Gosh, look how badly I'm shaking. This is normal. I don't need to do anything. I know what it is and it will pass.'

By:. Baylissa Frederick