Smoking Cigarettes

[5e...]

I stopped smoking during my 3rd month of withdrawal.

Basically, once I understood how much smoking hurt me (increase of anxiety mostly, after each cigarette), I became disgusted and even forgot to smoke 2 days in a row before realizing I had no tobacco left in my house. So I decided to keep going.

It was the most easy thing I did this past year. I never craved smoking, just a thought here and there, maybe one time per week. I'm just vapoting a bit with a very low dose of nicotine (3mg). No side-effect from this withdrawal.

I think that when you are really decided to fight for getting your life back, stopping cigarettes is not such a big deal. I'm happy to be fully-commited to my healing. Even if I'm still a little bit messed up in my head, I'm building a better body than before.

I have to add that before benzos, stopping smoking wasn't even on the to-do list.

[5e...]

Ashton Manual does not suggest to quit smoking during WD.

Yeah but smoking prevents healing and if you have MCS then it's even worse.

Smokers will all have their own opinions. I quit smoking about a year ago, using NJoy E-cigs. I was utterly amazed at how they helped me do this. I have smoked for 45 years. What made me finally  do this was learning that my hematocrit and hemoglobin was abnormal. I KNEW this was due to my smoking. That very day I went to Wahlgreens and bought my first E-cig. A month later, , my Hemoglobin, etc., were normal.

I personally think that nicotine is the worst addiction to conquer. Horrible stuff, and that our governments have allowed this to happen is doubly bad.

God, they stuff our society pushes on us only to hurt us - is truly awful.

east

My 2 cents -

Almost a chain smoker. Though now on a 'Vape' instead of domenican cigars (6 mg vape MIGHT be less than the strong cigars).

A year ago I was a medium smoker, that was before the "Chantix Disaster" (6 weeks of almost psychosis, ending in tossing the toxin - which resulted in MASSIVE z'chain smoking' to survive the madness)

I been told (Ashton) quitting smoking while (failing?) to taper Benzo recipe for madness. Which I've too much already.

Have since read (confirm by putting "interaction benzodiazepene nicotine" in yer duckduckgo) That NICOTINE really messes with Benzo metabolism, some reports say "exacerbates clearance up to 100%" some say magnifies effect 50% - - with few valid studies to back the claims.

But the "interwebs" consensus is that nicotine "SLEWS" benzo - in general I get the drift it cuts the 1/2 life.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, shaking like a leaf most of the time and with prolactinoma - DUH - severe dopamine depletion, I dare not try quitting

Have not smoked a cigarette in almost 2 years. I’ve been trying to quit for a long time before that though and failed many times. It wasn’t until I changed the way I thought about them that I was able to quit completely.

Thanks so much - my Doc / Therapist have helped A LOT, wating to see a Neck-Down MD Dr.  to get correct diagnosis "ON THE RADAR" & rightly treated.

"Thoughts and Feelings" (Same as yours, Science based) - to avoid guilting/abusing myself I "set the Science Aside" ... They think I've got early Parkinson. (Central Dopamine Failure) Sadly nicotine's only OTC that 'does dopamine' ... It's more ethical to opt for a temporary solution than a gravely immoral permanent one.

Dad had it, seen 20 years of... but couldn't "see" what it FEELS like - Mentally / emotionally. Woulda been better support.

When Dad's real problem got treated, he was able to quit the Cigar Habit. Fared better without them - the rare times he'd light one he'd soon put it down - HE DIDN't REALLY WANT / NEED IT!!

Is very likely 'Benzo happened' per symptoms 'pro-dromal' Parky (insomnia, the "classic") it'll be a hard 'come-about' but - I'll be SHED of them both eventually, if I can get to a ("Neck Down", internist at least) Dr in time.

Not 'minimizing' Parkinson as some "cure" - it SUCKS - but after a year of Benzo-Undead-Hell, theres some chance a couple years of "Quality of Life"

THANK YOU SO MUCH - and welcome to BB

LC

• 5 months later...