Tai Chi and Exercise Buddies

[Li...]

How is everybody doing?  Big weather change up here so outside activity out for awhile.  A little tai chi and stretching.  I finally received the dog harness.  Will try out as soon as temps warm up a little.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Fi...]

• [Li...]

• [Do...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Final,  Not so lucky to get rain.  Bad blizzard yesterday.  Winter here way too early.  It's messing up my favorite fall season.  Gotta break out the winter gear and get on with it.

Hey Final,  Not so lucky to get rain.  Bad blizzard yesterday.  Winter here way too early.  It's messing up my favorite fall season.  Gotta break out the winter gear and get on with it.

Wow a blizzard!  That seems way too early for anywhere. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have gotten some more walks in and even though I am feeling a cut, it did help a bit. 

Anyone know of an easy free weight routine they recommend? I'm going to look on YouTube and see if there is one set to music. 

I lost this thread for awhile.  Where is everybody? 

Hey Final, I have 5-10 and 15lb hand weights.  For now, I mainly do about 7 reps doing curls, behind head and straight back. (with 5 or 10lb).  I haven't looked at any videos.  Just do what I did before the benzo train wreck.  My muscles have responded well to light weights every other day.  I must be healing because my muscles feel so much better after I use them. I just go easy.

How are ya feeling Final?  Are you experiencing muscle pain?  Muscle fatigue?  Another snow event today here.  The first time I have felt a 'familiar normal' arthritis achy feeling in back and knees.  I will take it.  Sure hope this is a sign of healing.  Will only do tai chi and stretching today.

How are ya feeling Final?  Are you experiencing muscle pain?  Muscle fatigue?  Another snow event today here.  The first time I have felt a 'familiar normal' arthritis achy feeling in back and knees.  I will take it.  Sure hope this is a sign of healing.  Will only do tai chi and stretching today.

I feel more muscle aches in my shins.  I have had a tendency towards shin splints so I'm thinking that's the weak spot where my benzo issues will be.  I use a homepathic creme for leg cramps and rub it in my shins and knees.  It does help.  I havent had major physical symptoms during withdrawal, unfortunately mine have been mental.  Depression, grief and some anxiety have been my companions.  Really looking forward to those lifting as I go lower. 

Its is supposed to drop in temperature tomorrow and then maybe snow.  Trying to get myself motivated for a short walk because I may be stuck inside for a few days. 

I hope your achy knee is tolerable and that you are experiencing more signs of healing.

Got my walk in, about 30 mins.

Tomorrow if I'm not hit too badly by my recent cut, I may try some weights.  Going to be gentle as I can while tying to keep my body from getting too weak.

Good job final.  I need to get something figured out for this winter.  Blowing snow, frigid cold.  Really makes a difference when I can't get out and walk. Sun back out in a couple days.  I will walk to the wood stove and stoke the fire.  Brrrr