Tai Chi and Exercise Buddies

[Li...]

Oh my, I see you ladies are up and running with it!!  I have one of those big balls taking up space in spare room.  It was my computer chair but don't think I am quite up to that yet.  Can't believe you didn't jump all over the 'ball joke' Libbie.  Guess we better keep it clean in case the young uns' join us.

Walked dog a little over an hour and worked on the simple command, "heel."  She has gotta learn this for my sanity and balance.  I can't stand being 'taken' for a walk.

Yoga mat 30 minutes.  Tai chi 30 min

Keep me accountable too!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Fi...]

• [Li...]

• [Do...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my, I see you ladies are up and running with it!!  I have one of those big balls taking up space in spare room.  It was my computer chair but don't think I am quite up to that yet.  Can't believe you didn't jump all over the 'ball joke' Libbie.  Guess we better keep it clean in case the young uns' join us.

Walked dog a little over an hour and worked on the simple command, "heel."  She has gotta learn this for my sanity and balance.  I can't stand being 'taken' for a walk.

Yoga mat 30 minutes.  Tai chi 30 min

Keep me accountable too!!

Wow, you are doing great  :D

17 min on TM

4 Big ball exercises

Loving being committed, 10 minutes gets me up, I just keeps saying 10 minutes and then get going and do more

;D

I don't know what big ball exercises is but it sounds like fun.  Yep... the being committed definitely helps.  I feel like I'm cheating on ya'll if I don't get moving.

Me too.  You know those big balls that you roll around with, lol.

I can think of several jokes right here.. but I'mma just behave myself.  ;D

Awww, come on, we always need a good laugh  :D

Ya Mary, I think I over did it.  Coming off  2 weeks of misery.  Am grateful I feel good enough to stay upright but it's important to ease back into it.  I need to do more specific muscle targeting like Final is doing.

Glad you guys got this thread going.

Hey Doveluv, after being taken for daily drags for 4 years I finally bought a a harness like the guide dogs use.  Best invention ever.  Now my dog walks normal.  It controls them.  Give it a try.  You will be so happy.

Still Tai Chi-Ing. I don’t want a big ball. Too much stuff that’s going to charity tomorrow but I did like using them at fitness centers.

Ya Mary, I think I over did it.  Coming off  2 weeks of misery.  Am grateful I feel good enough to stay upright but it's important to ease back into it.  I need to do more specific muscle targeting like Final is doing.

Glad you guys got this thread going.

I think I need to do 2 days, skip a day, 2 days.......I really hurt for a few hours last night  :(

That's a very good idea Mary.  It is important to give muscles time to recover.  Today, light stretching. Short tai chi session.

The harness just might do the trick Guinea.  I have 'gentle leader' but can't keep it on her.  The lead that goes over her nose.  She won't stop fighting it. 

Yes Dove Gentle Leader did nothing for my dog and I cant blame them, it keeps their mouth closed. My dogs mouth is always open! The harness will make you so happy.

I’m good with 3 days a week.  Are we rebelling already?  Whatever wil Lib say!!!!

Yes Dove Gentle Leader did nothing for my dog and I cant blame them, it keeps their mouth closed. My dogs mouth is always open! The harness will make you so happy.

I’m good with 3 days a week.  Are we rebelling already?  Whatever wil Lib say!!!!

Truly, every time I do 3 or 4 days in a row, I felt a new pain, I know it's benzo's but then I feel like I need to stop 2 or 3 days, I keep thinking if I just do 2 and take a day off , then 2 again, maybe I won't end up with a new pain.  I hate benzo's  ;D

My dog is half chihuahua and half miniature pincher, so his chest is an odd size, so the only one we could find for him looks like a child's colorful diaper .  Lol, poor boy.  :D

Hiya ladies!  I did my ten today.  I'm taking a break from all that lifting stuff.  My body is grumbling at me.

I can't walk my dog.  He weighs 125 lbs.  We do okay unless some critter comes along.. and then I get drug.  He's half Great Pyrenes and half Black Lab.  Big dog.  He sure has helped me when I feel bad, though.  Snuggles right up beside me in the bed.. takes ALL the rest of the bed.. but he does snuggle.  Seems to realize it when I'm feeling pookah.

Saved me from a rabid raccoon once, too. 

He's old, like me.  He'll be ten next month.. so we're kind of the same age.  :)

Libs

Caught up on all the posts.

Wow.. you guys are doing much better than I am.  I keep thinking.. any day now.. I'll be stronger.  I keep glancing at my pain pills and then slapping my hand away.  Winter is coming.  The pain is always much worse in the cold.

Oh well.. one day at a time.. sometimes one hour at a time.  I'll get stronger.

Libs

Hiya ladies!  I did my ten today.  I'm taking a break from all that lifting stuff.  My body is grumbling at me.

I can't walk my dog.  He weighs 125 lbs.  We do okay unless some critter comes along.. and then I get drug.  He's half Great Pyrenes and half Black Lab.  Big dog.  He sure has helped me when I feel bad, though.  Snuggles right up beside me in the bed.. takes ALL the rest of the bed.. but he does snuggle.  Seems to realize it when I'm feeling pookah.

Saved me from a rabid raccoon once, too. 

He's old, like me.  He'll be ten next month.. so we're kind of the same age.  :)

Libs

Pets are the best medicine  :D

I just did 11 on treadmill and 5 minutes of yoga and stretching.  Mercy, I didn't want too, already hurt most of day, kept saying 10 minutes, 10 minutes, my new mantra until I just can't do it.

Got a new cream today, suppose to be wonderful and another one you can use with heat.

Penetrex, keeps you guys posted.  :D

I broke down and used a Tylenol today. Can’t remember last time I took one so I’m overdue.

Your dog sounds gorgeous Lb.  maybe you should take up skateboarding!

Just got dog walk done. Will Tai Chi today.  Times up.

Sorry to hear Mary.  Did the cream bring you any relief??

Only got a walk in today..dog off leash at dog park.  Walked in big circles.

Sorry to hear Mary.  Did the cream bring you any relief??

Only got a walk in today..dog off leash at dog park.  Walked in big circles.

The cream gives some relief, definitely better than nothing but still in a lot of pain  :(

Saturday:  20 min walk. 

A little longer and I notice my feet were scuffing a bit in the sode walk.  If that's not evidence that I've got to keep my legs moving.

My legs do ache but I've been using the homeopathic creme, which helps some.