Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

I don't take relapse seriously

[Ju...]

Sofa, I'm not looking for any specific answers and I'm not trying to figure any particular thing out. And I'm pretty sure I'm not pissing anybody off. If I am, they need to learn how to deal with life. As long as I'm being respectful, I should be able to do whatever the heck I want. This is the internet and we are sharing experiences that pertain to benzodiazepine withdrawal only. Not everybody has to agree. Nor should they, all we have is theories. There's a lot of people that think they are smarter than they really are. Don't be that person. Try to laugh and have fun, because at the end of the day that's all that matters. Isn't that why everybody's here, is to have a better life and laugh more? To be able to live more? And isn't that what my original thread was about? Maybe my words confuse you but that's okay, it's the internet like I said.

BRAVO! I couldn’t have said it better.. :thumbsup:

APP

We are giving him what he wants as you know. Attention! I know I’m going to block him. And not read his posts like you. He’s boorish and a liar imo.

I reply to everybody. It is not for attention, it is simply to explain myself. But I am done explaining myself on this thread. I don't know why you're wasting your time with something if it is so-called dangerous. Especially if it is all made up, what are you worried about? Go do you and I will do me. Me getting high has nothing to do with benzodiazepines. All 50 states, will have it soon. I got my card ahead of time. Anything in moderation. All the people that are staying completely sober and never living life, and never having fun anymore, are going to regret it. There's some people that can do it and there's some people that can't. I don't have an addictive personality but I am having a problem with benzos and hopefully that will be over very soon. I honestly do not think it will take more than 6 months. I will find out soon. I have found that success stories have a lot more people like me. The end.

I backed you up when I read your original post JIT, but I'm starting to lose my religion.  Compassion/Humanism. 

I thought you were some bloke who had been in gaol, lived off the street, consumed a shitload of drugs, and suffered mental health problems. All that fun stuff.. I figured it understandable that you might not understand the true nature of this site. 

I find it really funny that you do not think people here want to have fun.  It is one of the things we are trying to regain.  It is a bit arrogant.  Like, you've just appeared here, and think you have the inside rails run on everyone..  Frankly, I think it's you who is not having fun JIT.  Hmmmm, major depression, shitload drugs, it's just not adding up.  I think you're in denial JIT. 

I can't be bothered with it either JIT.  Withdrawal does not concede to fun, it is too hard and horrible.  To say otherwise would be a lie.  Not everything is fun, and childish to believe so.  Hey, let's put on the Simpsons. 

You can stick your fun where the sun don't shine baby boy, it's hollow, I'm doing the hard yards.  And when you do, tell me about it.  One of the hallmarks of maturity is the postponement of gratification, and that's what I'm doing.  And I'm an older person.  :laugh:

I can talk about any drug you like JIT, but not when they are used as a substitute for life, and here, where people endure on a daily basis. 

Did you hear the one about the guy who got his card ahead of time.....? 

"He'll have fun, fun, fun, 'til his Daddy takes the T-bird away".

Dee

Edit.  I agree with the legalisation of marijuana.  Abuse of drugs is not a criminal act, it's a health problem.  Mental and physical.  No judgement here.

D.

I have gone beyond the limits, but it's important to know that each time you do that, your CNS gets more and more sensitive, and it's harder to get well. I still take chances, but it's always had a detrimental effect. I wonder why I do these things to myself, but I'm getting better at going slowly and steadily and to avoid those things that I know are triggers.

• Love 1

If you don't take this seriously you don't understand what benzos can do to you.

FG

I believe you’re spot on.....I actually question his signature.

Maybe it's just me, maybe it's just my mental health, but I can honestly say I really don't care. If I did I wouldn't be putting my personal business on benzo Buddies. You have to find positive in everything. You have to find the silver lining. I can assure you that my signature is legit. Not that it really matters. I am not here to impress anybody. Is it smart, I don't know about that. As far as benzos, the goal is to be completely clean. Everything else, that's a different story. I really don't understand why anybody on here is talking about marijuana as if it's a drug. It's medicine. That's why I have my card. By no means am I new to it. If everybody is worried about getting benzodiazepines a bad name, they shouldn't be making websites like this. But anybody on here has the exact same goal how to get off of benzos. Why is anybody worried about what I post? If you don't like what I post, go somewhere else. Nobody said you had to read it. And if you don't like it, why are you responding? I'm not here trying to get attention I'm the one that posted it. You're the one that replied. I'm not the one wasting my time. I could do this all day because I have nothing better to do right now. That's part of withdrawal. And if you've done this before, you already know about it. You can do it as many times as you want in life because it's your life. What I do in life shouldn't matter to you. If I want to put myself through hell and back a million times I will. Never judge another man. Don't worry about my finances. That's personal, and you shouldn't compare yourself to other people. You don't know what I've done for money. And are you willing to go live on the street like I did? When you are, talk to me. Some people are willing to have nothing because they are not materialistic. What you are made of is your own decision.

Another thing about the Klonopin, who cares if I took a hundred or zero? Who cares if it is abuse or not? And who cares if it was prescribed or not? The point of this website is not to judge somebody on whether they took the right amount and if it was prescribed or abused or not. It sounds to me like you guys care what doctors think too much. Sounds like you care about opinions too much. I remember when I cared. LOL

App

I must admit it’s quite sad actually. We just got caught up in the fun, as he ordered us to live life and have fun. But we’ll do it legally.

At least I got you to have fun. Even if it was making fun of me, you can't deny that it's a good thing. Have you ever seen the movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? They were having fun.

Hey my name is Jenny

I AM HEALED from this monster! Withdrawal was extreme with over 80 sxs . I spent so much time here trying to help so many make it through a day in this torture! I think having fun even in the worst of times can really help a persons perspective!

As for doing drugs well that’s each and everyone’s decision. I was on more drugs than a girl ever should at one point . From  fentanyl to morphine to  Dilaudid Percocet and Vicodin.  Ambien soma and more all from a car accident and over 20 medical procedures!

I cold turkey everyone of those meds and Valium! There may come a time in ones life where they just decide nomore not for me.

But as for the poster I think he’s getting a bad wrap here because maybe everyone’s feeling offended because there suffering is so extreme! Trust mine was to! But his may not be so terrific at this point so he wouldn’t understand. But being positive is the absolute best one can be to make it through this time however it may take !

Buddy I hope that you can find some people here who can understand you and reach out to help you get through this! You deserve it! And the help you need ! We all need Friends!

Sometimes I read some posts here and I see so many people getting attacked because They may not be suffering as hard-core. But trust me if they weren’t in need of some help or guidance they would be here! Good luck friend 😊

~J

• Love 1

Only a certain type of person has a show dog. Yes I do get it.

I don’t understand why you say pot is legal in the state where you live, yet your profile says you live all over the US. Do you party with Ken Kesey? He’s dead ya know so I had to ask.....so this is just another lie.

I have suffered tremendously, thanks to whoever you are up above. We are not supposed to talk about suicide on here so I'm not going to, but I can say that about 3 months ago I was in the hospital for something I shouldn't have been. That's about as much detail as I can give on here. I don't think you guys were expecting that did you? Sometimes the best medicine is to stay positive. Just a piece of advice from somebody that has been through more mentally. As far as the medical marijuana, I have a legit card. That should not be important. IP address doesn't tell you anything.

J...

Thank you. I can tell that you are healed or that you are healing I should say. Our minds begin to think different with more time. We both have been through a lot. Real sees real.

Another thing, what I put on benzo buddies might be all lies when it comes to my personal information. But I speak the truth when it comes to what I've done. This is the internet people, don't trust anybody about their personal life.

You are welcome!

Yes we have definitely been through it!

All I know is the HARDER the road the HIGHER the Calling!

We don’t go through what we go through for nothing!

Always remember that!

~ J

• Love 1

I can't see the problem with JITs posts, it seems he is saying to distract when we are suffering albeit in a different way. There are many posts on here telling others to distract, if having fun is a distraction I'm not sure what the issue is, god knows i could seriously welcome some fun at this point in my journey.

Most definitely, that was exactly what I was trying to get across. Just to have some fun. Try to distract yourself. Try to treat yourself good. Maybe the way I was saying it offended some people I don't know. I wasn't trying to say that anybody wasn't suffering. Maybe it was just a few people that replied earlier. Either way all I was trying to do is say make the best out of it.

I wonder if the problem isnt the implied assumption that having “fun” is a choice for all of us all the time..??

Through my various tapers I have seen the ability come and go... I really try to hang on to the memory of those better times, but long periods of having little to no choice but to survive the quick sand of having life sucked out of ones self sure takes its toll, especially as all that we love falls apart or gets ripped from us....

Distraction has its time and place, but most of us know that so does acceptance and hope..

Right now My fight is to get back to a place of having the choice again, and from there, progress is in my hands again..

Bearing in mind I am still tapering a med, I feel that fighting a battle of choices I cant make would do more harm than good... -Acceptance of my current reality perhaps..

Whats new and im finding particularly hard this time is that my mind is slowly wanting to move forward in positive “fun” ways, but my physical SX (inc. brain fog etc) are not playing the “game”...

So if anyone is feeling down or a failure because they cant find the “fun” in life, pls be aware of your own place within your own situation, and know that your time will come.. Till then, a gentle push in the right direction, as and when possible, is perhaps all we can do..

: ?