Melatonin anyone?

[He...]

[79...]

Apparently our bodies don't need as much melatonin that's available in the smallest supplements (usually 1mg). I tried them a few times recently and they were hit or miss, and left me feeling groggy the next day.

If you can stomach it, there's something called tart cherry juice that helps you naturally product a tad bit more melatonin. There are studies showing its effectiveness. I was drinking a glass every night for months and it did improve my sleep but then I got a stomach ulcer so had to put the kibosh on that. Everyone's different but if you're struggling with sleep and find the supplements make you drowsy the next day - the juice might help.

[79...]

I think regular cherries might increase melatonin production, but again in micro amounts. So hey maybe incorporating more into your diet could help. If you love em why not.

Melatonin's not a sleeping pill; it won't guarantee a long good night's sleep. But from my experience - the small amounts the juice helped produce, along with practicing better sleep hygiene (no phone/light ect for at least an hour after getting into bed) my sleep, which was kind of fractured for a while, did improve a bit. I guess everyone's experiences with this vary widely.