Klonopin Taper Plan

[Th...]

I just have had that one panic attack during that time. At times I have been feeling slight disassociation but nothing too major. I feel it more so during times of stress. If I would taper off at 1mg how long would that take?

Thank you for your support

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Th...]

• [Pa...]

• [Br...]

• [da...]

Top Posters In This Topic

You can go as fast or as slow are you want, most people go by the severity of their symptoms.  If you can tolerate reducing your dose by about 5-10% every week or two, then you could be off in two to four months.  But if things get rough, you'd probably want to slow it down and pay attention to what your body is telling you. 

You've been on the drug long enough now for your body to become dependent, so getting off of it quickly isn't a good option at this point.  You'll want to take it slow to minimize your symptoms in order to remain functional.  This also allows your brain to remember it's job as you reduce, when you take the drug away too quickly, you don't hasten your recovery, you just cause yourself needless pain.

Some people have been using a scale for measuring their doses rather than trying to split them with a pill cutter, and of course, theirs the liquid option.  Will you have enough pills to do a slow taper, you mentioned trying to find a new Dr.

You can go as fast or as slow are you want, most people go by the severity of their symptoms.  If you can tolerate reducing your dose by about 5-10% every week or two, then you could be off in two to four months.  But if things get rough, you'd probably want to slow it down and pay attention to what your body is telling you. 

You've been on the drug long enough now for your body to become dependent, so getting off of it quickly isn't a good option at this point.  You'll want to take it slow to minimize your symptoms in order to remain functional.  This also allows your brain to remember it's job as you reduce, when you take the drug away too quickly, you don't hasten your recovery, you just cause yourself needless pain.

Some people have been using a scale for measuring their doses rather than trying to split them with a pill cutter, and of course, theirs the liquid option.  Will you have enough pills to do a slow taper, you mentioned trying to find a new Dr.

I’m currently scheduled to see my doctor in two weeks, but I hope to find a new one before then. Where can I find a scale to measure? How long should I stay on 1 mg a day before tapering. I would possible be interested in liquid taper.

🙏

guy,

In reading that schedule posted.... if you've been taking a steady .5 mg K,  why would you start tapering at 1 mg ?  Is it possible 1 mg was a typo ?

guy,

In reading that schedule posted.... if you've been taking a steady .5 mg K,  why would you start tapering at 1 mg ?  Is it possible 1 mg was a typo ?

prior to the schedule I had been taking 1mg consistently for months

There is some information and a video on a sticky post at the top of this board you may find helpful as far as using a scale.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=56.0

I've read around the forum that people have ordered a Gemini scale on Amazon. 

I would think you'd only stay on the 1 mg until you feel stable enough to begin your taper.  I've never tapered, but I hear stable doesn't mean great or even good, it's just a certain level of confidence that you're ready to start the process. 

There is some information and a video on a sticky post at the top of this board you may find helpful as far as using a scale.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=56.0

I've read around the forum that people have ordered a Gemini scale on Amazon. 

I would think you'd only stay on the 1 mg until you feel stable enough to begin your taper.  I've never tapered, but I hear stable doesn't mean great or even good, it's just a certain level of confidence that you're ready to start the process.

ill look into it thanks. Would starting a taper of one mg next week be ideal for those that have tapered?