Can only sleep during a certain time period.

[Fi...]

Does anybody else have this? It seems like I can only fall asleep between the hours of 8:30pm and 3:00am. If I miss this window I have to stay awake 38 hours to try it all over again. I also cannot sleep past 7am no matter what.

It's hellish. I'm currently at 33 hours awake right now, suffering until "bedtime" comes around.

I had this, Fox. The window where you can sleep will gradually expand. After about 9 months off I was even able to take a few naps, although I wasn't successful at them very often. Still am not, but it's slowly improving. Then I had my first time where I just fell asleep involuntarily because I was so tired. That was a nice milestone :)

Even the insomnia becomes less hellish the further you get from the jump. I had a period of 48 hours awake when I was about 11 months off and compared to the first couple months after jumping it was easy. I even went to the grocery store and went for a 1 hour walk in the snow!

It's probably because when you try to sleep outside of that window of time, you are fighting against your natural circadian rythym. I have found that as I get older, my ability to sleep outside of the hours my natural body clock works on has become more and more difficult. Add benzo withdrawal to the mix and it probably just makes it even harder! So no, I really don't find this all that unusual.

I had this, Fox. The window where you can sleep will gradually expand. After about 9 months off I was even able to take a few naps, although I wasn't successful at them very often. Still am not, but it's slowly improving. Then I had my first time where I just fell asleep involuntarily because I was so tired. That was a nice milestone :)

Even the insomnia becomes less hellish the further you get from the jump. I had a period of 48 hours awake when I was about 11 months off and compared to the first couple months after jumping it was easy. I even went to the grocery store and went for a 1 hour walk in the snow!

Hey data, always good to hear from you! I hope you've been hanging in there lately. Thanks for your response, it gives me faith that things will improve in this particular matter.

It's probably because when you try to sleep outside of that window of time, you are fighting against your natural circadian rythym. I have found that as I get older, my ability to sleep outside of the hours my natural body clock works on has become more and more difficult. Add benzo withdrawal to the mix and it probably just makes it even harder! So no, I really don't find this all that unusual.

The strange thing lilac, is that until benzo withdrawal, I had no set biological rhythm. I think maybe taking my doses at specific times gave me a lot of structure over the past year.

Before withdrawal I had a wandering sleeping schedule. I'd be just as fine sleeping at 4am as 4pm, it was that wild from day to day.

I long for being able to sleep during the day again, but healing up and keeping a schedule has very good benefits.

Fox,

I went from waking up around every 2 hours the exact time every night and even though it still happens every 2 weeks or so, i am now able to sleep 4 hours straight almost every night. Don't get me wrong I still have some nights where I may get only 3 hours it is less often. I have since the beginning gone to bed at 10 pm every night whether I was sleepy or not and I am going to stick to that schedule. I think being on this schedule is helping me return to normal sleep. It will get better, so hang in there!

PG

Yep.  I can't fall back asleep in the morning past 7am at all.  It's sooo hard and I have wasted much of day trying this, so I don't even both anymore. 

The strange thing lilac, is that until benzo withdrawal, I had no set biological rhythm. I think maybe taking my doses at specific times gave me a lot of structure over the past year.

Before withdrawal I had a wandering sleeping schedule. I'd be just as fine sleeping at 4am as 4pm, it was that wild from day to day.

I long for being able to sleep during the day again, but healing up and keeping a schedule has very good benefits.

Ok, well, I find your pre-withdrawal sleeping schedule to be more abnormal than what you described in your original post, LOL!

But yes, sleep experts will say that having a fairly fixed go-to-bed and getting up schedule (especially the getting up side of things) is SUPER important for folks that struggle with insomnia.