Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Looking for Buddies - LT High dose Xanax direct taper 1/2 way there!

[Lo...]

Ladies, we are halfway through the week, before you know it we will have another week behind us.  Sleep improved last night (5 hours).

Hope everyone else is seeing improvement…

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [Lo...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies, we are halfway through the week, before you know it we will have another week behind us.  Sleep improved last night (5 hours).

Hope everyone else is seeing improvement…

Laurie - I am so glad you got a little more sleep!  That is improvement for sure!!!  Hope it continues to get better!!!

I am feeling a little better with my stomach and head but the off balance hit me hard this morning!!  It could be because I got really hot sitting on the porch.  I am inside right now so I am hoping the cool air makes me feel better!! 

Halfway through this week - YAH!!!  We are getting there!!  I like how positive you are - it helps me alot!!  Thank you !!

I hope everyone has a better day today!

Hugs,

Julia  :smitten:

Hello ladies,

I am about the same. Had insomnia last night. Got a little bit of deep sleep and I'll take it. Had some anxiety yesterday and some air hunger/shallow breathing. I hope I can avoid anxiety today. The air hunger only happens when I lay down to 'rest'. I feel like I am breathing too shallow and have to force myself to take very deep breaths which takes away from resting. No cut for me until Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.

SS. congrats on your extra sleep ;D

Julie, You sound a little more chipper today! It's good to hear!

I hope you all have a great Wednesday and your symptoms are mild or none. Windows for everyone!

HM

Hi All,

Just wanted to check in on ya'll.  Sounds like most are doing a little better I am so happy for ya'll.

It's been really hard week.  I know time will help but I'm having lots of panic and stomach burning.

Love to you all ❤

Debbie,

I am sorry your having rough symptoms. That's so unfair. I hope you feel better as the day goes on. Keeping you in my prayers.

HM

Hi All,

Just wanted to check in on ya'll.  Sounds like most are doing a little better I am so happy for ya'll.

It's been really hard week.  I know time will help but I'm having lots of panic and stomach burning.

Love to you all ❤

Thank you HM ❤ always praying for ya'll.

Hi All,

Love to you all ❤

Hi Debbie,

I am so glad you checked in! I am so sorry you are having such a rough time!  My heart goes out to you!  You are continually in my prayers!! 

I hope you will feel better soon!  Be kind to yourself and shut the door and have some time to yourself! 

Love and hugs and prayers,

Hello ladies,

I am about the same. Had insomnia last night. Got a little bit of deep sleep and I'll take it. Had some anxiety yesterday and some air hunger/shallow breathing. I hope I can avoid anxiety today. The air hunger only happens when I lay down to 'rest'. I feel like I am breathing too shallow and have to force myself to take very deep breaths which takes away from resting. No cut for me until Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.

SS. congrats on your extra sleep ;D

Julie, You sound a little more chipper today! It's good to hear!

I hope you all have a great Wednesday and your symptoms are mild or none. Windows for everyone!

HM

Hi HM - Thank you!  I am trying to be positive and want to feel like a human again !!!  I hate always having something wrong with me!  It is a constant and is always something that is a pain to deal with! 

I am sorry you had insomnia and I am sure any sleep is a blessing!  I have not had air hunger and from I have read it is scary!  I hate that you are experiencing that!  I hope it goes away for you!

I hope you are having a good day!

Hugs,

Hi All,

Love to you all ❤

Hi Debbie,

I am so glad you checked in! I am so sorry you are having such a rough time!  My heart goes out to you!  You are continually in my prayers!! 

I hope you will feel better soon!  Be kind to yourself and shut the door and have some time to yourself! 

Love and hugs and prayers,

Julia 

Thank you Julia.  I really appreciate the prayers I believe that is what will get us through.  Yes I told my family that I need some quiet for awhile they are very supportive.

Prayers for you everyday.

Love and hugs ❤

Debbie,

I am so glad your family is supportive!  That means a lot!

I agree that the prayers are what gets us through! 

Love and hugs,

HM- I had pain I and air hunger at the beginning of my taper, this will get better as time goes on.  Hang in there..

Debbie, I feel so bad you are experiencing some rough symptoms.  We have all been where you are, I hope it resolves for you soon.  I know you will push through this.  Holding has helped me in the past.  It’s strange how the taper effects the gut.  I continue to have nausea and pinching under my rib cage.  I know Julia has suffered similar symptoms as well.

Julia,  so glad things are better for you.  I guess we all know that symptoms will continue, it’s just part of the journey unfortunately.  We all just need to stay strong and continue to move forward.  Just imagine the day when you have zero symptoms!  It will be like Christmas morning!!

Friday is just around the corner..

HM- I had pain I and air hunger at the beginning of my taper, this will get better as time goes on.  Hang in there..

Debbie, I feel so bad you are experiencing some rough symptoms.  We have all been where you are, I hope it resolves for you soon.  I know you will push through this.  Holding has helped me in the past.  It’s strange how the taper effects the gut.  I continue to have nausea and pinching under my rib cage.  I know Julia has suffered similar symptoms as well.

Julia,  so glad things are better for you.  I guess we all know that symptoms will continue, it’s just part of the journey unfortunately.  We all just need to stay strong and continue to move forward.  Just imagine the day when you have zero symptoms!  It will be like Christmas morning!!

Thank you Laurie.  I guess with my mother's passing I'm dealing with waves more. 

Love and hugs ❤

Debbie,

I lost my mother several years ago I was devastated,  I know your pain well.  I hope she is now with you and seeing you through these difficult times.  I’m sure she would be so proud to see you will concur this.

Please know I am praying you my dear friend.  Hugs…

Debbie,

I lost my mother several years ago I was devastated,  I know your pain well.  I hope she is now with you and seeing you through these difficult times.  I’m sure she would be so proud to see you will concur this.

Please know I am praying you my dear friend.  Hugs…

Laurie I am so sorry.  I am thanking God everyday that I was blessed to have her for so long.

I appreciate your prayers so very much.

Love you ❤

Hi Laurie - Thank you!  I am better but I had a terrible wave of dizziness and off balance today!  It is better right now but it was awful earlier!

You are correct about the stomach issues - they can be relentless sometimes but they do get better! 

Thanks for the encouragement Laurie - Yes - the day there are zero symptoms will be like Christmas and every other holiday!  I will be happy when that day comes and I know it will for all of us!!  You are right about the symptoms continuing but like you have said, there will come a day when we are free from this and it will not be the fight of our lives as it is now it seems.

Stay strong.  I hope you are doing better.  Are you planning to hold or continue cutting?

Take care and I really hope you get more sleep tonight!

Love,

Hi All,

Love to you all ❤

Hi Debbie - I wanted to also let you know that the stomach burning does get better.  It seems like mine is worse when I am stressed and then it just gets better!  I hope that for you too. 

Panic is awful, I am so sorry as I know this is such a sad time for you!  Try to distract as much as you can! 

Know we love you and you are in our thoughts and prayers!  Sending you lots of big bear hugs!!!

Love,

Hi All,

Love to you all ❤

Hi Debbie - I wanted to also let you know that the stomach burning does get better.  It seems like mine is worse when I am stressed and then it just gets better!  I hope that for you too. 

Panic is awful, I am so sorry as I know this is such a sad time for you!  Try to distract as much as you can! 

Know we love you and you are in our thoughts and prayers!  Sending you lots of big bear hugs!!!

Love,

[/quote

Julia, oh yes I notice the stomach issue is much worse when I am stressed.  I'm so thankful that my husband and girls are taking the lead on things right now.  I lost my baby brother suddenly 10 years ago at age 39 and my sister is worthless. 

Thank you for your love and prayers.  Praying your dizziness goes away very soon.

Love you ❤

Julia,

I am thinking I will continue cutting.  Although the sx’s are not fun, they are tolerable.  I may hold a couple of weeks after this next cut.  I have been having gastritis type symptoms lately, if it gets worse I am going to hold for sure.  Always something..

Hi Debbie - I am glad that your husband and girls are there for you!  I am very sorry about your baby brother!  I am sure that is hard to deal with.  I can definitely relate to having a worthless sister - I have one of those too!  :(

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Laurie - Sorry you are having gastritis issues - I totally understand that!  My stomach is on and off with hurting lately.  It seems to get better in the afternoon but not always. 

Good for you on making another cut soon - I am considering doing the same.  It will depend on how I am on Saturday - when I fill my pillbox for the week.  My symptoms with the off balance are a tiny bit better today so it is improving but as you know it can come out of no where and hit you like a ton of bricks!  I will decide in a couple days.  If I do, I will more than likely stay on that dose for a couple weeks too or longer if necessary.  I just want to under .5 mg now.  Sounds better and makes me feel like I have accomplished more.  Silly but true.  I agree that there is always something so if it is tolerable, may as well keep going.

HM - I hope you are doing better today!

Mary - how are you doing?  Good I hope.  I am thinking about you! 

Hope everyone has a good day!

Love and hugs,

Hello Everyone,

I hope you're all doing better than you were. I didn't sleep last night so my brain is not working correctly. I went out with my 2 adult kids for a visit. We were out late and I didn't get to take my magnesium and melatonin and now I am wondering it it helps since I usually get SOME sleep. Here's hoping tonight goes better for me. I have a lot of healing to do. Tomorrow, I am due to cut again. We'll see how that goes. The air hunger is better but the insomnia sucks.

Happy Thursday

HM

Hello Everyone,

I hope you're all doing better than you were. I didn't sleep last night so my brain is not working correctly. I went out with my 2 adult kids for a visit. We were out late and I didn't get to take my magnesium and melatonin and now I am wondering it it helps since I usually get SOME sleep. Here's hoping tonight goes better for me. I have a lot of healing to do. Tomorrow, I am due to cut again. We'll see how that goes. The air hunger is better but the insomnia sucks.

Happy Thursday

HM

Hi HM - So sorry you did not get any sleep - I hope tonight is better for you! 

I also hope your cut goes well tomorrow!  I might cut on Sunday but we will see how I am doing!

Take care and I hope today is a better day and tonight will be a night filled with deep sleep!!

Hugs,

HM - prayers for your much needed sleep!  You will feel better tomorrow, I am sure.

Julia, praying you can make another cut, your my inspiration!

Take care…

Julia I'm sorry you have one of those sisters too I could write a nightmare of a book about mine  :'(

I hope your off balance as improved as the day has gone on.  I know what you mean about getting under .5 

I am so ready.

HM praying you get some good sleep tonight.

How are you Laurie?

I am so thankful my stomach as felt much better today sure hope it will continue.

Hugs ❤

Laurie- thank you! That was so sweet! It made my night. I hope we'll both be able to make a cut!! ♥️🤗

Debbie - I'm so glad your stomach is better. I think as you feel better emotionally, the better you will feel physically!! 🤗

I could write a book too on the sister that is the most selfish, self centered human I've ever known. It amazes me how sisters can be so opposite!!!

Sorry you have one of those too!!!

HM - hopefully you'll sleep well tonight!!

Mary- how are you doing? I've missed you on here!! 🤗🤗♥️

Sleep well my friends,

Love you lots,

Julia ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Hope all are doing well!

I went to the beach for a few days with my son.  My parents came down and I celebrated my Mom's 79th Birthday with her.  It was really nice to be away from my house and to spend that time with my parents and son.  Fortunately the house was empty other than us which gave me some time to just chill out and breath a bit.  I was able to get out on the boat for the day which was beautiful other than pulling my neck and shoulder muscle late afternoon.  UGH!  Nevertheless, I'm still grateful for the reprieve. 

Back home to the grind so I made a cut today.  Fingers crossed.  Sleep has been so-so but a lot is because my shoulder/neck is so sore.  Praying that this cut doesn't make sleep worse. 

Since I have the gram scale and file, I'm thinking about doing a daily micro cut instead of cut and hold at this point.  I'll keep you posted.  My symptoms have truly been the same for months now so I honestly don't see them getting any better with holds.  As I've said before, 23 years on this stuff and 3+ years of tapering lead me to believe that my true healing wont be until I'm off of this.  When I did the calculations and saw that I'm at @ 94% of my starting dose, I figured healing has to have started along the way.  I have never taken this low of a dose since day one!  My starting dose, 23 years ago, was 1 milligram.  Hence, I think my body has been saying "Where's the darn Xanax" for well over a year now!  LOL

Again, hope all are doing well today!  Happy 4th of July weekend to each of you! 

Love,

MB  :smitten:

PS:  Picture on my page was a taken from the boat on Tuesday.  So peaceful!