Has anyone done a 5% Liquid Taper?

[Ho...]

[f9...]

Mary

Me toooooo - that said, I have made some great friends already on here and I know their real names. I wonder if there has ever been an in-person BBs event. It would be nice to meet people one day face to face. I know we are all over the globe but I would love to thank so many of the people on here in person. I don't even have a picture because when I try to load one, it always says the file is too big, argh!

I also hope when I am healed to stay on the site and help people. I want to raise awareness about benzos - opiods are in the news (which is great) but benzos are this hidden epidemic that needs to be exposed. I have a few friends that take a sleeping pill or benzo every day who I am sure have no clue what the w/d is like or what they are doing to themselves. Awareness needs to happen.

I totally agree, my pharmacist told my husband that xanax is the #1 drug filled there , and she used to work at the Va, which no longer prescribe benzo's except to help people taper.  The VA had to know what benzo's were doing to the vets or they would not have stopped prescribing but did the public ever hear anything about it?  Not a damn word  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Arrggg my husband is a vet and thank God he knows from me to stay away from benzos. It breaks my heart the way our vets are drugged.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [So...]

• [Ho...]

• [Ma...]

• [Et...]

[f9...]

NMSafe I wish CBD helped. I don't have pain or inflammation - my s/x are brain fog, head ringing, broken sleep and anxiety rushes that feel chemical and toxic - I would do anything to lessen these, anything.

Mary - so many doctors are just over-paid drug dealers. It's a big battle to fight Big Pharma and the doctors who are their pawns but I think it should be done. When I am healed, I am going to really try and do some good and raise awareness so others don't have to suffer.

I’m in a medical state so that helps. If I add THC back it will be at night only. Yes. Legal drug dealers. My ex psych lost his license for prescribing issues and employing a guy who lost HIS medical license in another state for prescribing issues and for having sex with a female patient. I was stunned as was everyone. This doctor who just lost his license last year is under investigation for the deaths of 36 people. The AG got all of his patient and employee files, paper and digital last September. So very sad!!! He even gave out meds to children dressed as a clown! I never knew that while I was seeing him.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.krqe.com/amp/news/albuquerque-metro/ag-investigates-link-between-albuquerque-doctor-36-patient-deaths/1435030562

[f9...]

NMSafe - so glad your family is staying clear of benzos. Your struggle with these meds have educated them and that is a good thing!

👍🏻 🤦🏻‍♀️

NMSafe I wish CBD helped. I don't have pain or inflammation - my s/x are brain fog, head ringing, broken sleep and anxiety rushes that feel chemical and toxic - I would do anything to lessen these, anything.

Mary - so many doctors are just over-paid drug dealers. It's a big battle to fight Big Pharma and the doctors who are their pawns but I think it should be done. When I am healed, I am going to really try and do some good and raise awareness so others don't have to suffer.

I am thinking the largest class action lawsuit in history with all of us in the streets marching in front of big pharma all over the world 🌎  :D. How does that sound, we have 50k right here on bb.

Mary

Me toooooo - that said, I have made some great friends already on here and I know their real names. I wonder if there has ever been an in-person BBs event. It would be nice to meet people one day face to face. I know we are all over the globe but I would love to thank so many of the people on here in person. I don't even have a picture because when I try to load one, it always says the file is too big, argh!

I also hope when I am healed to stay on the site and help people. I want to raise awareness about benzos - opiods are in the news (which is great) but benzos are this hidden epidemic that needs to be exposed. I have a few friends that take a sleeping pill or benzo every day who I am sure have no clue what the w/d is like or what they are doing to themselves. Awareness needs to happen.

I totally agree, my pharmacist told my husband that xanax is the #1 drug filled there , and she used to work at the Va, which no longer prescribe benzo's except to help people taper.  The VA had to know what benzo's were doing to the vets or they would not have stopped prescribing but did the public ever hear anything about it?  Not a damn word  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Arrggg my husband is a vet and thank God he knows from me to stay away from benzos. It breaks my heart the way our vets are drugged.

It's awful, how little any of us knew...

[f9...]

I am thinking the largest class action lawsuit in history with all of us in the streets marching in front of big pharma all over the world 🌎  :D. How does that sound, we have 50k right here on bb.

Yeah! I wish!! Especially with my ex doctor’s criminal actions!!

NMSafe - read the article. Dr. Hall is a murderer - I hope they lock him up.

The Sackler family, who litreally invented OxyContin, are under investigation too and there have been numerous protests at museums in NYC where the billionaire Sacklers have donated art.

Here is a NYT article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/health/sacklers-purdue-oxycontin-opioids.html

We need to do the same re: benzos: raise awareness and fight to make them very very hard to get unless it is in a medical procedure and a doctor is there so it is a one time thing. I know some people say they "need" a Xanax for a plane ride or an Ambien for jet lag but then the doctor prescribes them a bottle of 30 and soon they end up dependent...

We really turned a thread about a taper plan into a thread about fighting benzos...but that said, we wouldn't need to taper benzos if there were strict regulations about prescribing them.

I’m in a medical state so that helps. If I add THC back it will be at night only. Yes. Legal drug dealers. My ex psych lost his license for prescribing issues and employing a guy who lost HIS medical license in another state for prescribing issues and for having sex with a female patient. I was stunned as was everyone. This doctor who just lost his license last year is under investigation for the deaths of 36 people. The AG got all of his patient and employee files, paper and digital last September. So very sad!!! He even gave out meds to children dressed as a clown! I never knew that while I was seeing him.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.krqe.com/amp/news/albuquerque-metro/ag-investigates-link-between-albuquerque-doctor-36-patient-deaths/1435030562

OMG, that is just horrible 😡

Mary - I am so down to march in the streets and fight the war on benzos. Think how empowered we will be when we have healed and can channel all that rage at Big Pharma...lets do it!

[f9...]

NMSafe - read the article. Dr. Hall is a murderer - I hope they lock him up.

The Sackler family, who litreally invented OxyContin, are under investigation too and there have been numerous protests at museums in NYC where the billionaire Sacklers have donated art.

Here is a NYT article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/health/sacklers-purdue-oxycontin-opioids.html

We need to do the same re: benzos: raise awareness and fight to make them very very hard to get unless it is in a medical procedure and a doctor is there so it is a one time thing. I know some people say they "need" a Xanax for a plane ride or an Ambien for jet lag but then the doctor prescribes them a bottle of 30 and soon they end up dependent...

We really turned a thread about a taper plan into a thread about fighting benzos...but that said, we wouldn't need to taper benzos if there were strict regulations about prescribing them.

Yes. 😓 He needs serious jail time for the rest of his life!! It’s all so disgusting...these doctors and pharmaceutical companies. Sorry for hijacking the thread. 😬

We really did hijack the thread - it went from a question about 5% reductions to the war on benzos.

I am sure Hope is OK with it as I think we addressed her question early.

It felt good to let off steam on this subject - a distraction for sure!

I am about to watch Bohemian Rhapsody, turn off all blue light electronics then read then sleep.

Night my pals - see you all tomorrow. Sweet dreams to everyone  :)

Mary - I am so down to march in the streets and fight the war on benzos. Think how empowered we will be when we have healed and can channel all that rage at Big Pharma...lets do it!

I am there, but I have a way to go to get there, but when this taper is over, look out 🌎 :)

We really did hijack the thread - it went from a question about 5% reductions to the war on benzos.

I am sure Hope is OK with it as I think we addressed her question early.

It felt good to let off steam on this subject - a distraction for sure!

I am about to watch Bohemian Rhapsody, turn off all blue light electronics then read then sleep.

Night my pals - see you all tomorrow. Sweet dreams to everyone  :)

Nite Pete  :sleepy: :sleepy:

Sober,

I read from Ashton Manual that it can be very hard toward finishing off the Valium and many end up going on AD to help them get off and then wean off the AD which takes a few more months.  But these GPS have no problem giving out the ADs.  I admire you for hanging in there at this most difficult time.  I hope you have a good support around you.  As it is my husband who is now retired is doing the shopping bcuz most days I cannot do it.

I'm on a 5% taper and I had to learn the hard way, too much, hold and lower, finally ended at 5% and have done ok since then .  SLOW start is the way to go.....trying to get them to put a note on welcome page.........Mary ❤️

Thank you Mary.  So you think it might not be a good idea to try to increase to 10%?

Are you feeling okay, symptoms mostly under control, then do 7, if you stabalize on that, go to 10, but don't I remember you already struggled with 10?

I read in the Ashton Manual to start out at 5% for however long it takes for smooth taper then build up to like 7% and see how that works and if good, then you can go to 10%. 

I started out at 10% and that's when I had horrific sxs.  But remember, I came off 20mg ...by 2 mg a week fast ....in less than 4 months.  So I fried my CNS.  I think that is why.

I'll stay on this 5% this month and then I will try 7% slowly.......tiny bit at a time and see how I do.....  If I have to stay on 7% then I will, if not, then I'll stay at 5% till I'm ready.

I read in the Ashton Manual to start out at 5% for however long it takes for smooth taper then build up to like 7% and see how that works and if good, then you can go to 10%. 

I started out at 10% and that's when I had horrific sxs.  But remember, I came off 20mg ...by 2 mg a week fast ....in less than 4 months.  So I fried my CNS.  I think that is why.

I'll stay on this 5% this month and then I will try 7% slowly.......tiny bit at a time and see how I do.....  If I have to stay on 7% then I will, if not, then I'll stay at 5% till I'm ready.

Only go to 7 if your sxs' are stable, otherwise stay at 5 :)

I actually don’t agree with Ashton that it becomes more tolerable to hit higher percentages later. I started my taper chopping 5% and every time my cuts get me closer to around 8% it becomes unbearable and when I go to check the math, I realize that I’ve gotten too high.

I actually don’t agree with Ashton that it becomes more tolerable to hit higher percentages later. I started my taper chopping 5% and every time my cuts get me closer to around 8% it becomes unbearable and when I go to check the math, I realize that I’ve gotten too high.

My experience also.

I learned when doing C&H that about 5%/2 weeks was the max rate I could go.  Several times during my DLMT, my body would remind me of that of that each time I got above that 5% figure.

And BTW, I have never seem any percentage recommendations in Ashton anyway.  All of her schedules are formatted in mg reductions with a range of suggested hold periods.

[f9...]
My taper has been approximately 10% every 2 weeks or so.  As my dose has gotten lower, I switched to liquid and I'm going to go at a rate of 5% from here on out. 10% cuts have kicked me hard for the past few months. I wish I'd done liquid sooner, but I was scared.  I urge anyone to do a liquid taper.  It's easier than I thought. :)