• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [So...]

• [Ho...]

• [Ma...]

• [Et...]

They help with Nausea and they do help you sleep to my surprise.  Let me see if I can get that from the Ashton Manual.........

I tried to find it with the Tricyclic ADs she recommends but I could not find it again.

But I have the Prescription of the Nausea Meds that help you sleep.  Promethazine.  She suggested 75 to 100 mg.  But I'm taking 25 mg at a time.  Kind of dries me out. It is NOT an Antihistamine.  But I don't want to get hooked on them, not addictive though.

They help with Nausea and they do help you sleep to my surprise.  Let me see if I can get that from the Ashton Manual.........

I tried to find it with the Tricyclic ADs she recommends but I could not find it again.

But I have the Prescription of the Nausea Meds that help you sleep.  Promethazine.  She suggested 75 to 100 mg.  But I'm taking 25 mg at a time.  Kind of dries me out. It is NOT an Antihistamine.  But I don't want to get hooked on them, not addictive though.

How much sleep are you getting HfR?

Hey Mary,

Miss you sweetness.  I try to sleep without them.  And when I see that is not happening, then I'll take a half of the pill.  Then I do fall asleep for 2 hours, wake up and if I see I'm not going to get back to sleep, I'll take another half and then I slept till 5 or 5:30.  Which isn't bad. 

Hey Mary,

Miss you sweetness.  I try to sleep without them.  And when I see that is not happening, then I'll take a half of the pill.  Then I do fall asleep for 2 hours, wake up and if I see I'm not going to get back to sleep, I'll take another half and then I slept till 5 or 5:30.  Which isn't bad.

I will try to remember that, I sleep pretty well now, but have lots lower to go and not sleeping would be awful  :(. Thanks for the info lovely Hope 😘😘

My Pleasure to help in any way I can.  I've been reading Ashton Manual a lot and getting new ideas and tips. :hug: :hug: :hug:

You are obviously a smart woman and it's great to see you and Sober Hope working as a team and holding each other up.  That's what this place is all about......luv ya, Mary 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Thanks Hope (I am actually a dear man though, haha)

I am so happy we all support each other - this team work is how we are going to get through this!

[68...]

Don’t take phenibut! It’s worse than benzos are since it causes GABA-B downregulation and QUICKLY. Stay far away!

What she said!! Do not take this stuff!

Don’t take phenibut! It’s worse than benzos are since it causes GABA-B downregulation and QUICKLY. Stay far away!

I am a he as well, you would think that would be a given with my Sephiroth avatar  :tickedoff:

:laugh:

But yes, phenibut should actually be a banned substance. It’s highly addictive and it’s effects are like a long lasting and more addictive y-hydroxybutyrate. Nasty stuff.

[68...]

I am a he as well, you would think that would be a given with my Sephiroth avatar  :tickedoff:

:laugh:

But yes, phenibut should actually be a banned substance. It’s highly addictive and it’s effects are like a long lasting and more addictive y-hydroxybutyrate. Nasty stuff.

Lol 😬 But yes. I’ve never taken it before, but I have read about it! 

Thanks Hope (I am actually a dear man though, haha)

I am so happy we all support each other - this team work is how we are going to get through this!

I see your name now Pete,  ;D

And I see your name Mary :)

I added my real name as I get confused with screen names sometimes (I do understand the need for being anonymous for many). But there are a lot of buddies with "Hope" (me included) in their name and I get them mixed up. I also don't mind if people know about me on this site - I have nothing to hide and I have learned not to be ashamed of taking benzos and wanting to get off them.

NMSafe : I am not touching that Phenibut stuff. I actually no longer search for that supplement or drug or herb that I hope will help me...I tried CBD oils (from hemp not THC) and they did nada and I wasted a lot of dough on them. Time and a smart taper is what will win this race in my opinion.

I added my real name as I get confused with screen names sometimes (I do understand the need for being anonymous for many). But there are a lot of buddies with "Hope" (me included) in their name and I get them mixed up. I also don't mind if people know about me on this site - I have nothing to hide and I have learned not to be ashamed of taking benzos and wanting to get off them.

NMSafe : I am not touching that Phenibut stuff. I actually no longer search for that supplement or drug or herb that I hope will help me...I tried CBD oils (from hemp not THC) and they did nada and I wasted a lot of dough on them. Time and a smart taper is what will win this race in my opinion.

A lot of people use their real name on pm, and fake name on threads and I get confused, so I just stick with Mary since I have typed it a million times now :D

Mary

Me toooooo - that said, I have made some great friends already on here and I know their real names. I wonder if there has ever been an in-person BBs event. It would be nice to meet people one day face to face. I know we are all over the globe but I would love to thank so many of the people on here in person. I don't even have a picture because when I try to load one, it always says the file is too big, argh!

I also hope when I am healed to stay on the site and help people. I want to raise awareness about benzos - opiods are in the news (which is great) but benzos are this hidden epidemic that needs to be exposed. I have a few friends that take a sleeping pill or benzo every day who I am sure have no clue what the w/d is like or what they are doing to themselves. Awareness needs to happen.

Mary

Me toooooo - that said, I have made some great friends already on here and I know their real names. I wonder if there has ever been an in-person BBs event. It would be nice to meet people one day face to face. I know we are all over the globe but I would love to thank so many of the people on here in person. I don't even have a picture because when I try to load one, it always says the file is too big, argh!

I also hope when I am healed to stay on the site and help people. I want to raise awareness about benzos - opiods are in the news (which is great) but benzos are this hidden epidemic that needs to be exposed. I have a few friends that take a sleeping pill or benzo every day who I am sure have no clue what the w/d is like or what they are doing to themselves. Awareness needs to happen.

I totally agree, my pharmacist told my husband that xanax is the #1 drug filled there , and she used to work at the Va, which no longer prescribe benzo's except to help people taper.  The VA had to know what benzo's were doing to the vets or they would not have stopped prescribing but did the public ever hear anything about it?  Not a damn word  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

I feel sorry for those vets being prescribed Xanax - they have already gone through so much. I know there is a Benzo Awareness Day but the whole benzo epidemic is seriously under-reported - thus people gladly fill out a prescription and people gladly take them without knowing the consequences...

People should be marching in the street to make it nearly impossible to get a new prescription. The only prescriptions I would like to hear about in the future is for people to taper off benzos. And if someone needs to have a benzo for a surgery or a medical procedure, they should be given it one time by a doctor in a hospital. The nurse practioner that gave me benzos literally had an office full of people and she gave out prescriptions for monthly supplies like candy. She is pretty famous in NYC for basically being a drug dealer, albeit an expensive one with a nice office.

I feel sorry for those vets being prescribed Xanax - they have already gone through so much. I know there is a Benzo Awareness Day but the whole benzo epidemic is seriously under-reported - thus people gladly fill out a prescription and people gladly take them without knowing the consequences...

People should be marching in the street to make it nearly impossible to get a new prescription. The only prescriptions I would like to hear about in the future is for people to taper off benzos. And if someone needs to have a benzo for a surgery or a medical procedure, they should be given it one time by a doctor in a hospital. The nurse practioner that gave me benzos literally had an office full of people and she gave out prescriptions for monthly supplies like candy. She is pretty famous in NYC for basically being a drug dealer, albeit an expensive one with a nice office.

It's so hard to realize that there are so many people that don't care what they do to other people, I have a hard time with that :(

[68...]

Ahhhh I’m sorry CBD only doesn’t help. It does help me with my pain/inflammation. I had to quit using THC because my anxiety and derealization got worse with THC. I may add it back slowly and low to see how I feel. I use full spectrum THC oil when I do use it. But I agree: time and a reasonable taper is most important.

[68...]

Mary

YEEEESSS. My daughter, son in law and husband have seen me go through this. So many times I’ve simply wept and said “NEVER TAKE BENZOS EVEEERR.” Well other than a one off with surgery or something.

NMSafe I wish CBD helped. I don't have pain or inflammation - my s/x are brain fog, head ringing, broken sleep and anxiety rushes that feel chemical and toxic - I would do anything to lessen these, anything.

Mary - so many doctors are just over-paid drug dealers. It's a big battle to fight Big Pharma and the doctors who are their pawns but I think it should be done. When I am healed, I am going to really try and do some good and raise awareness so others don't have to suffer.