Has anyone done a 5% Liquid Taper?

[Ho...]

My taper has been approximately 10% every 2 weeks or so.  As my dose has gotten lower, I switched to liquid and I'm going to go at a rate of 5% from here on out. 10% cuts have kicked me hard for the past few months. I wish I'd done liquid sooner, but I was scared.  I urge anyone to do a liquid taper.  It's easier than I thought. :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [So...]

• [Ho...]

• [Ma...]

• [Et...]

[ab...]

My taper has been approximately 10% every 2 weeks or so.  As my dose has gotten lower, I switched to liquid and I'm going to go at a rate of 5% from here on out. 10% cuts have kicked me hard for the past few months. I wish I'd done liquid sooner, but I was scared.  I urge anyone to do a liquid taper.  It's easier than I thought. :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

<3

[ab...]

Agree with NMSafe 100% - liquid is the way to go and also 5% is my magic number too.

:thumbsup: I'm hoping this goes better than the past few months!!! Here's hoping it's well for us all. I don't care any more if I'm not done til November. I have enough meds to do this.

Sober,

I read from Ashton Manual that it can be very hard toward finishing off the Valium and many end up going on AD to help them get off and then wean off the AD which takes a few more months.  But these GPS have no problem giving out the ADs.  I admire you for hanging in there at this most difficult time.  I hope you have a good support around you.  As it is my husband who is now retired is doing the shopping bcuz most days I cannot do it.

Soberhope

I have been using the daily liquid micro tapering for the past few years and it works great however IMHO I would choose to go as slowly as possible. I did this with amitriptyline and have been off that for just over a year and I have done it to get down to 3.5 mg of v.

When I do it I do it over 100 days and take out 0.01mg a day until 0, that equates to about 1% cut which is like going down a ramp smoothly rather than bumping down the stairs roughly. The sx are so much more doable and if you feel uncomfortable at any time just hold the dose until you feel better then continue. The slower the better IMO. Hope this helps.

Luv n hugs

Gypsy :smitten:

Thanks Gypsy - I agree that slower is better. 5% seems "OK" for now but I might even have to slow that down.

As a side note: I took L-Theanine last night (no effect) and then I took it this morning when I woke up with mild anxiety at 4:30am after 3-4 hours of sleep. Well, the L-Theanine ramped up the anxiety (maybe it didn't, but it is worse than usual and the only change is the L-Theanine) so I have really decided to stop reading about supplements and things to relieve me during this process. It's not worth the risk. Thankfully the L-Theanine wasn't expensive and hopefully it's effect from this morning wears off today. I was toying with the ideas of NAC and NAD+ and Gingko and now won't touch any of them.

Happy Healing to ALL.

I am at 5% from 1 mg and currently doing dry cut. Tried all sorts of liquids over a year ago but got hideous nightmares each time so back to pills. The scales are fiddly and inconsistant but I cannot see another way. Has anyone tried liquid without success then started at at a later date and been able to proceed?. My main sxatm are racing heart which keeps me awake, anxiety and intrusive thoughts.