Post One Positive Thing Support Group

[...]

Reading these posts are putting me in tears. I woke up to a wave this morning even though I’ve been holding over a month and not sure what set it off. Was feeling pretty good for a while maybe interpose withdrawal? At the same time as luck would have it my sister is staying for a while and is helping a bit with my kids. Very grateful. We will all get through this.

So glad that your sister is there! The past few months have been so hard, but God has been showing me the grace and mercy to help me through JUST when I need it ... in the form of family support or a friend calling exactly at the right time or doctors who were actually able to help me (after so many awful doctors who were no help at all) ... today I found out that my workplace is okay with me extending my time off and working remotely upon my return (so that I can stay with family as I recover). I do believe that it is God looking out for me! Maybe we cannot understand why we suffer, but one day we will be healed and we will ultimately be more compassionate people!

That is definitely a blessing. I’m enjoying this thread.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Re...]

• [Ma...]

• [bl...]

I read this today online at the ending of the author's writing about 3 tips for tapering benzos and thought it was really good.

In fact, the biggest piece of advice I can give anyone throughout all of this is “accept, accept, accept”. Accept that things turn out differently than expected. Accept your decision to both start this medication and to stop it. Accept help from others. Accept healing when it comes and setbacks when they inevitably happen. Accept the symptoms you experience as your body’s wisdom in healing you bit by bit. This is all part of the process and it all leads to you getting better. One day, you will look back and be so grateful that you have you back. You’ll realize how much you missed the old you. You’ll wonder how you ever managed to live life so emotionally stunted as you were on the benzodiazepine. You’ll take pleasure in the vibrant hues and beautiful subtleties of the world around you. Accept that life will never be the same, and that this isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

• 5 months later...

I read this today online at the ending of the author's writing about 3 tips for tapering benzos and thought it was really good.

In fact, the biggest piece of advice I can give anyone throughout all of this is “accept, accept, accept”. Accept that things turn out differently than expected. Accept your decision to both start this medication and to stop it. Accept help from others. Accept healing when it comes and setbacks when they inevitably happen. Accept the symptoms you experience as your body’s wisdom in healing you bit by bit. This is all part of the process and it all leads to you getting better. One day, you will look back and be so grateful that you have you back. You’ll realize how much you missed the old you. You’ll wonder how you ever managed to live life so emotionally stunted as you were on the benzodiazepine. You’ll take pleasure in the vibrant hues and beautiful subtleties of the world around you. Accept that life will never be the same, and that this isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I saw a hummingbird the other day here in the city. Pretty awesome as I usually only see them up north of the city! ❤

Hey Blacklablady  :D. What a beautiful sight.....until Withdrawal I kept hummingbird food on my back porch, use to love to watch them..one day.  Hope you are feeling okay ;). Mary 💜🐦

I have 3 hummingbird feeders, but they have a lot mildew because of the humidity. I finally went out and cleaned all 3 and refilled them! I know they will be so happy!  :)

I have 3 hummingbird feeders, but they have a lot mildew because of the humidity. I finally went out and cleaned all 3 and refilled them! I know they will be so happy!  :)

Oh, I'm jealous  :D :D

You sure don't have to jealous about cleaning them. What a job! LOL! Have not seen one since I did it. Hopefully this evening! You are welcome to come and enjoy them! They are so beautiful! They will stay here until around Oct, when begin their journey home for the winter. I always miss them, but every spring I know they will heading back. A simple pleasure of life, even when I am feeling rough. 

I saw a hummingbird the other day here in the city. Pretty awesome as I usually only see them up north of the city! ❤

Hey Blacklablady  :D. What a beautiful sight.....until Withdrawal I kept hummingbird food on my back porch, use to love to watch them..one day.  Hope you are feeling okay ;). Mary 💜🐦

Hanging in there!!! How bout you?❤

You sure don't have to jealous about cleaning them. What a job! LOL! Have not seen one since I did it. Hopefully this evening! You are welcome to come and enjoy them! They are so beautiful! They will stay here until around Oct, when begin their journey home for the winter. I always miss them, but every spring I know they will heading back. A simple pleasure of life, even when I am feeling rough.

Dana, I hope they come since you worked so hard!  They fascinate me as they are so small and colorful! They are such a treat to see! At our family cottage, which I did not get to this year bc I am feeling off, we have feeders out and they dive bomb each other to get to it, as I'm sure they do at yours and Mary's.  In 45 years, this is the first time I did not make it up there!!! It is my favourite place on planet Earth!  There are bears, loons, moose, beavers, even cougars!  My mom saw the cougar, I have yet to see one!😬 When I try to do guided imagery to help me, that is the place I envision, sitting on the dock or down at the beach, looking out over the water.  I hope I will be back to what I call 'heaven on Earth' next year!!! But, I can still close my eyes and go there whenever I need to! Hope today is full of windows for you! ❤

Mary,

When you are able to you will get back to those feeders!!! I know they are a lot of work!! I'm taking it one day at a time. Some ok moments, some super rough, but like this thread, I try to find at least 1 positive thing each day!  And there are many things everywhere! People just have to look for them! Hope today is full of windows for you too! ❤

Hanging in there!!! How bout you?❤

Struggling some, day by day my friend, all together  :D

Dana, I hope they come since you worked so hard!  They fascinate me as they are so small and colorful! They are such a treat to see! At our family cottage, which I did not get to this year bc I am feeling off, we have feeders out and they dive bomb each other to get to it, as I'm sure they do at yours and Mary's.  In 45 years, this is the first time I did not make it up there!!! It is my favourite place on planet Earth!  There are bears, loons, moose, beavers, even cougars!  My mom saw the cougar, I have yet to see one!😬 When I try to do guided imagery to help me, that is the place I envision, sitting on the dock or down at the beach, looking out over the water.  I hope I will be back to what I call 'heaven on Earth' next year!!! But, I can still close my eyes and go there whenever I need to! Hope today is full of windows for you! ❤

Mary,

When you are able to you will get back to those feeders!!! I know they are a lot of work!! I'm taking it one day at a time. Some ok moments, some super rough, but like this thread, I try to find at least 1 positive thing each day!  And there are many things everywhere! People just have to look for them! Hope today is full of windows for you too! ❤

Hi Blacklablady!

I know you will be at your Beautiful place next year! The wildlife sounds incredible! I do the same thing....close my eyes and go to my very happy place which is Hawaii. I lived there for 5 years when I was a teenager. My Mom and I went back for wedding in 2005, just when I was starting to feel better after my C/T reinstatement. I actually felt normal after the first 2 days there. I love where I live, but could stay over there until I heal which will be a few years. Anyway, the hummers did come back and they do dive bomb each other and buzz my head. They are so amazing. We have a breeding pair of Hawks out here and I hear them everyday. I heard the sound of one, but it was our Mockingbird, named Mary! She is so cute and funny. I have never heard a Mockingbird make a Hawk sound!

Mary, you will once again be able to enjoy them! Just remember, our Mockingbird, Mary! We named her after my Mom. She is so Beautiful and so free. You are too! One day at a time!

I Hope and Pray that everyone here has a good day and that Peace will come! :)

Hawaii!!! Wow!!! That is on my bucket list! And a Mockingbird named Mary!!! Totally made me smile!!! There's another positive moment today!!!! Never seen a Mockingbird!  Maybe that should be on my bucket list too!!! ❤

Hawaii!!! Wow!!! That is on my bucket list! And a Mockingbird named Mary!!! Totally made me smile!!! There's another positive moment today!!!! Never seen a Mockingbird!  Maybe that should be on my bucket list too!!! ❤

Mockingbirds are hilarious, and if they have a nest of eggs, they will dive bomb whatever is around.

Fearless.....  :D:laugh:

I took my 91 year old Mom to lunch today. She is very Precious to me.

That sounds wonderful Dana.  91 , mercy..you have some good genes  :)

Thanks Mary. I can't imagine living to be 91 with the way I feel today. She was fortunate in that she never was put on any drugs, hardly went to the Dr.  She did have a stroke in 2009, but rebounded very well from that. Fell in 2013 and was in rehab for 3 weeks. She was so angry and her anger motivated her to do the PT and she walks now without a walker! Just short term memory loss, which is not such a bad thing at that age!

Thanks Mary. I can't imagine living to be 91 with the way I feel today. She was fortunate in that she never was put on any drugs, hardly went to the Dr.  She did have a stroke in 2009, but rebounded very well from that. Fell in 2013 and was in rehab for 3 weeks. She was so angry and her anger motivated her to do the PT and she walks now without a walker! Just short term memory loss, which is not such a bad thing at that age!

She sounds like one strong woman!  💜

I once knew woman, very bright and strong and lovely who lived to be 99 years old.  She always said her secret was...she stayed away from doctors...and their medications LOL!!!